Carfax Anyone?

djspawn00

IF she finds around 10 cars that she wants to check out, I think it's cheaper if you buy the set of 10. Individually it's about $30 I think (if i can remember) but a set of 10 is around I believe, $50...

Gather up a few more VIN numbers to run! ;)

i'm sorry dj. I have dealer access to Carfax and Kelly. I just keep forgeting to look for ya. If you still need it, I will when I get to my other hard drive, run those for ya. Just let me know.

its actually just one vehicle being sold by a private seller at a disturbingly cheap price, I guess I'll fork out the $40.

I think its the second of the two VIN's an 06 Scion TC with 48k miles for around $8k... or something like that.

That seems a little too cheap.. Is it the most basic TC or something? Then again, it is high mileage for the year of the vehicle (even if the vehicle was purchased like Oct 05) so that may be a reasonable price.

When I got my CRV, everyone else, with about 50k miles more, were selling for about $2000-$4000 more than mine. :lol: :lol: :D hehe.. Thats why I jumped on this one lol :cheers:

DSC07461.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys, I had a friend at a used car dealership abuse his powers (dealerships are closing down left and right in NY)... looks like the car is that cheap for a reason... two front end accidents... I think I'll just avoid it all together and continue my.. well her search. Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies guys, I had a friend at a used car dealership abuse his powers (dealerships are closing down left and right in NY)... looks like the car is that cheap for a reason... two front end accidents... I think I'll just avoid it all together and continue my.. well her search. Thanks again!

Honestly if the car still has a clean title (no salvage title i mean) even with those two accidents, and if the car was repaired properly, that TC is a good deal.. Is she planning to put many miles on the vehicle? My suggestion is look for an older car, let's say maybe a 2000-2002 Camry or something, and look for a really low mileage one with a clean carfax. That way, you get the car for really cheap but a decent car for the cheap price.

While I was just playing around ebay one day, I found a 1991 LS400 with only 60,000 miles! 17 year old car, 60,000 miles, equals to about 3,500 miles a year! :o Or take my CRV which is a 2000 and it's only got 26,000 on the clock today (was 25,300 when we got it) which averages about 3,100 miles a year..

Another suggestion is this. Look for a young car in terms of years (like an 06-08) but a high mileage one (if you do not mind, as long as it's within Toyota and Honda, it will not die on you) because those are really depreciated. Before I got the CRV, my local dealer had an 07 Honda Ridgeline with 75,000 miles (highway) and it started at $17,000 but they had a sale and dropped it to $12,000 (clean carfax).. The moment that happened, an out of town guy jumped on it, not even giving me the time to think about it! :angry: That way, it's also a decent car, with a depreciated value. More than likely high mileage cars are highway vehicles. ;)

My dad just replaced our old 95 Mitsubishi truck in the Philippines for a slightly used Toyota Innova with high miles. Its an 07 but with 36k kilometers (about 22,500 miles in one year) and boy was the price really dropped! Even though with that mileage, he still had warranty on the vehicle! hehe.. (Then again price was dropped because it's a gas engine, and most Filipinos prefer diesel)..

Just my suggestions. ;) ;)

Thanks for the tip dens, I actually found a great deal a couple of weeks ago for another friend a 95 Acura Legend Coupe with 75k miles in great condition for $3000 with about $5k work of audio and video work customized trunk ect. When we test drove the car it developed a small coolant leak so we managed to knock off another $400. The leak was from a $12 hose. The car runs great.

Now I just have to see if I can have that kind of luck again, the only problem is people are grabbing up fuel efficient cars probably because they know $2gal gas isn't going to be around for long and some people are just asking ridiculous prices for Camry's, Corollas, and all those other bullet proof fuel miser vehicles on the market.

If she's still interested I'll have my mechanic/autobody friend take a look at it... but i agree the scion can still be up for consideration if repairs were done properly. Thanks again.

No problem! ;)

It is very true that the Camry and Corolla 2nd hands are ridiculously priced.. I was considering a Corolla also, but they were about the price of a brand new one, complete with warranty and new car smell! If I had leased a Corolla, the sales guy said that in the end I could sell the car for MORE than what my residual is after lease, which means I could make money out of the Corolla lol..

Just be patient and it will pay off. This was my 2nd luck (well 3rd really with the purchase of the Innova and decent resale value of the truck). My first luck was the Trooper last year with 28k kilometers. 2nd was the CRV with 25k miles and now the high mileage (with factory warranty), but cheap price Innova. lol. :D :D