Brake Replacement

I just called my dealer to see if they had replaced my brakes, and was told they were replaced, and no charge to me. I asked how, and my service advisor said they fell within a certain parameter of a TSB, and they were able to replace them for free. I'm not complaining! I have 39,000 miles on my car, and new brakes. I'm just wondering what TSB it was, lol..........

Yep, it was done pursuant to "guest states excessive front brake noise." I'm wondering if this will reduce the dust, or is that a different brake pad they put on for that issue?

http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/197/TSIB...nt+Brake+Squeak

This is the TSIB I found.

Yep, it was done pursuant to "guest states excessive front brake noise." I'm wondering if this will reduce the dust, or is that a different brake pad they put on for that issue?

http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/197/TSIB...nt+Brake+Squeak

This is the TSIB I found.

I think the same TSB covers both. Before the brake dust TSB came along some dealers wouldn't replace pads unless the customer complained of squealing. Now I believe both dust and noise are covered under one TSB with the same parts as a fix.

I just had my pads replaced for free on my 07 IS 250 w/ 23,000K. The dealer did tell me, multiple times, that the replacement pads were NOT "high performance" like the originals, and, so, would not stop as hard. While I'm not sure the stopping distances have been affected greatly by pad composition, I do notice the new pads are far less grabby, a nice side benefit. They also do not squeak like the old ones, and my 18" rims are staying much cleaner.