Trans. Swap For A Manual

killerFatty

Does anyone know if it's possible to swap the automatic LS trans out for a manual on off an SC400. THey have the same engine so I'm thinking it would fit. I have always wanted a stick-shift LS400, and I have seen a few SC400 being parted out on my local craigs list. Has anyone done this or attempted to try this? What all would be affected by the swap and do you think it could be done? By the way I have a 93 LS w/ 180K miles. Any thoughts would be great?

I have a feeling that the computer would not like it one bit. You would need to modify sooo much to get a clutch pedal, modify a bell housing, linkage, mount the reservoir and get the console cut and patched back together, on and on and on...

Really one of the most reliable automatics ever made and you want to replace it? <_< I am all for out of the box thinking but this is a project for a wealthy shut-in or a prisoner with a life sentence. In other words doing it just to say you did it with time or money no object.

Just think of the weight difference of the cars too, you will have a lot of issues with reliability and clutch life IMO. :o

There is no manual option for the 400. Just 300.

Plus where would you put the clutch pedal? Underneath the parking brake??

If you want a full size sedan tha'ts a manual I'd just say get a 7 series, and a fat repair budget ;)

If you like driving a stick, I'd suggest the SC300. Just add a turbo. You'd have the power of an 8 with the control of a manual. Better handling than the LS as well. Do a search in the SC section. Plenty of threads.