New 8.1 Version Nav Update Is Out

So, does anyone have the new 8.1 update yet? And do we know if there are any differences and upgrades from the 7.1 version?

r u sure it is out? I was told it was not coming out until January/February...

I've seen them on EBAY already: EBAY 8.1 update

And I just got an update from lexus for the part number :00230-GEN23-CY08

Carson has on it's website that it was due out in mid October also. I know that Lexus has run behind somewhat, but I thought maybe they were coming out with it this year already.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm still waiting to hear any feedback. Does the 09 IS x50 come with the 8.1 or the 7.1?

I got a 2009 IS350 a few weeks ago. It's version 8.1.

But I would not know the differences in the maps and stuff, I only drove an 06 once as a loaner for a day.

Does it still lock input up when the car is moving?

Let me explain how version 8.1 works and then you guys can tell me if it is different than the 06-08 models. Above idle speed it will lock out things such as your favorite places and will not let you enter destinations unless you use the voice command or it is an emergency. Which is only good if you know the physical address of where you want to go. You just say "address search" and then, state, city, street and blah blah blah...you get the picture. You can also use the voice command and say something like "nearest Mexican restaurant" and it will show you the closest but will NOT give you the list of all Mexican restaurants unless you are at a stop. BUT if you just say "Mexican restaurants" it will show all Mexican restaurant POIs on the on the screen and it WILL let you use your finger to scroll on the screen so you can find a Mexican POI and you can press it and it will take you there. Which is stupid that it lets you scroll through the screen rather than giving a name list. Searching for a Mexican flag is much more involving than giving a simple list. Same thing does for the bluetooth for the phone. You cannot manually input a number when the car is moving unless using voice command; which is easier anyway to just speak the number. It has yet to misunderstand numbers that I have spoken. The only thing for the phone you can do while driving is press "phone book" and it will let you select who you have stored in your phone. All in all I do not know if this is a "better and upgraded version" like I have heard people talk about. So if you guys have any specific questions about what will work or not while driving; just ask! I will try anything once!!

Oh I still care, I was looking into what you posted and so far it's all the same as the 7.1 version. I think so far it sounds like just updated maps. I was hoping for some better options and what not.

Oh I still care, I was looking into what you posted and so far it's all the same as the 7.1 version. I think so far it sounds like just updated maps. I was hoping for some better options and what not.

Yeah me too! I guess I will get my mechanic to install the wire that lets you do all that stuff while in motion. :lol: