Cindy Mccain - Drift Car Racer

trev0006

Cindy McCain is not a "normal person" guys. She is a very wealthy and well-heeled socialite.

What happened was she took her son to Japan to take drifting courses (that in and of itself is not something a "normal person" could do) as a bonding experience. And she liked it. She's not a "car drifter", she doesn't drift cars on the weekends, she's probably never done it since. Knowing what a trip to Japan costs and knowing what driving courses here cost I'd say that trip cost $30,000...easy... "Normal people" can't spend $30,000 on a trip like that. Normal people don't wear $330,000 suits to compaign functions.

This is politicking through and through in an attempt to make the McCain's seem less elitist.

I'm not a fan of John McCain (I think he's a sellout, I voted for him in 2000 and the John McCain I voted for and this John McCain bear very little resemblance) but thats beside the point. You can't take stuff like this at face value ;)

These people are not like you and me.

Politics on the side..................I am a normal person and if I had the $ I would also take trips around the world and try different experiences of all sorts, Heck, I wear a Rolex from time to time (mostly keep it my collection) But I mostly wear a daily beater watch, I wear old worn clothes that are comfortable, I would wear high end suits/clothes in general if I were in the public spotlight too. If I were a multi millionaire I wouldn't change my clothes and be uncomfortable either. So "normal" is all in how one perceives "normal". Money does not make one unlike you and me, Although there are people who let the almighty $ cloud there views. ;) Just my .02 cents.

Theres a difference between a high end suit, and a $330,000 suit.

She didn't even realize that she would get heat for wearing a $330,000 suit...therein lies the problem. a $330,000 suit is something that 99.8% of Americans would never even contemplate being able to afford. In fact...I'd say 85% of Americans didn't even realize they made $330,000 suits. She didn't realize the symbolism...THATS the problem.

I have no problem with people having money. I'm not poor, I make a good living. Its a question of people not understanding the stresses that "normal" Americans go through and are going through. The McCains do not. Their actions speak louder than their words. Cindy didn't know anyone would have a problem with her wearing a $330,000 suit. it has no more value to her than a $1500 suit. John thinks someone making $3,000,000 a year isn't rich. Their house and lifestyle were on the cover of Archetectual Digest...

I'm not saying you shouldn't vote for him because of that (I DO think thats a problem with the current state of our economy, but that is my viewpoint), but don't be fooled by all this clever positioning into thinking these are normal people. They aren't. They don't know what gas costs, they don't know what food costs, they don't know what daycare costs. They have never had a day in their lives where they worried about money. They feel no strain because of the current economy.

Bill Clinton for all his controvercy is a "normal person" (he may be wealthy now, but he wasn't until he left the presidency), so is Barack Obama (he made $4,000,000 last year [still middle class according to McCain!] but thats his book sales, he's the primary breadwinner in his family with a senate income of $158,000), so is Joe Biden (he co-signed a loan so his son could go to college and his largest asset is his house...just like NORMAL Americans), So is Sarah Palin (her husband is a commercial fisherman)! John and Cindy McCain are not.

You're right, money doesn't make someone unlike you and me but what that money is to them does. If you and I had...$50,000,000. I bet we wouldn't buy $330,000 suits. Would we spend $30,000 to go to Japan and take a racing course? Sure. Would we forget what its like to NOT have money? No. The McCains have never experienced not having money...so they have no basis from which to forget. THATS why they aren't like us.

I think that's great :cheers: I can't wait until she's in the Whitehouse, A normal person B)

Cindy McCain "normal"? She spent her younger years competing in beauty contests. She was born into great wealth and her personal net worth, mainly from inherited wealth, has been estimated at over $100 million. She and her hubby Johnny travel around in her private jet. She's bought and currently owns so many houses that her husband can't keep track of how many.

Cindy McCain's wealth is far into the upper 1/10th of 1% of all Americans. Normal?

We should all be so "normal".

Theres a difference between a high end suit, and a $330,000 suit.

She didn't even realize that she would get heat for wearing a $330,000 suit...therein lies the problem. a $330,000 suit is something that 99.8% of Americans would never even contemplate being able to afford. In fact...I'd say 85% of Americans didn't even realize they made $330,000 suits. She didn't realize the symbolism...THATS the problem.

I have no problem with people having money. I'm not poor, I make a good living. Its a question of people not understanding the stresses that "normal" Americans go through and are going through. The McCains do not. Their actions speak louder than their words. Cindy didn't know anyone would have a problem with her wearing a $330,000 suit. it has no more value to her than a $1500 suit. John thinks someone making $3,000,000 a year isn't rich. Their house and lifestyle were on the cover of Archetectual Digest...

I'm not saying you shouldn't vote for him because of that (I DO think thats a problem with the current state of our economy, but that is my viewpoint), but don't be fooled by all this clever positioning into thinking these are normal people. They aren't. They don't know what gas costs, they don't know what food costs, they don't know what daycare costs. They have never had a day in their lives where they worried about money. They feel no strain because of the current economy.

Bill Clinton for all his controvercy is a "normal person" (he may be wealthy now, but he wasn't until he left the presidency), so is Barack Obama (he made $4,000,000 last year [still middle class according to McCain!] but thats his book sales, he's the primary breadwinner in his family with a senate income of $158,000), so is Joe Biden (he co-signed a loan so his son could go to college and his largest asset is his house...just like NORMAL Americans), So is Sarah Palin (her husband is a commercial fisherman)! John and Cindy McCain are not.

You're right, money doesn't make someone unlike you and me but what that money is to them does. If you and I had...$50,000,000. I bet we wouldn't buy $330,000 suits. Would we spend $30,000 to go to Japan and take a racing course? Sure. Would we forget what its like to NOT have money? No. The McCains have never experienced not having money...so they have no basis from which to forget. THATS why they aren't like us.

If I had 50 mill I'd sure as heck wear a 330,000 dollar suit. Y not? And y should she not go ahead and spend it on whatever she wants all because of what people think?

You might want to brush up on Politics 101 there, buddy. Wearing a $330,000 suit is a very stupid thing to have exposed by the press when your husband is running for president. I guarantee you that many "normal" Americans who were on the fence about McCain vs. Obama automatically crossed McCain off their list for the oh-so-prevalent "he's way out of touch" reason when this story came to light....

If one will not vote for someone JUST because they have an expensive suit...... I would hope they don't vote at all!

Personally I see "normal" as a mindset, not the activities or goods one performs or purchases.

You might want to brush up on Politics 101 there, buddy. Wearing a $330,000 suit is a very stupid thing to have exposed by the press when your husband is running for president. I guarantee you that many "normal" Americans who were on the fence about McCain vs. Obama automatically crossed McCain off their list for the oh-so-prevalent "he's way out of touch" reason when this story came to light....

That's one way to look at it. Another perspective is that a wealthy candidate, (and you've had them before - Perot), is less likely to be indebted to any special interests or susceptible to lobby groups. This gives them the independence they need in government to implement the policies promised during the election campaign. It also keeps them out of corparate pockets and reduces backroom deals. However, there is always a notion that the wealth isolates them from the concerns of the average person.

Being wealthy does not preclude one from understanding the plight of the poor or the frustrations of the overtaxed middle class. Nevertheless, it befits the King to ocaissionally wear "the Pauper's robes" to get a feel of what it's like. How and if they achieve this is the question.

We've had presidential candidates and presidents that had more money that McCain. The money doesn't bother me, earned money shows a sound fiscal mind which is a GOOD thing.

The issue is that she didn't realize it was going to be an issue when the had that suit commissioned for the event. She didn't understand the symbolism...thats because she and John are out of touch with Amercia. THATS the problem.

And Ross Perot is a business genious. Cindy McCain was born. You can't compare the two.