Resetting The Clock

rkr

I have a 1999 RX 300 and every time I start the car the clock is at 1:00 am. I have to reset the clock. Anybody have a clue as to why this happens? Also my transmission lights on the dashboard all work except for the drive light, could that be a bulb and if so can I replace it myself?

Buy (or try) a new car battery for the clock problem.

The drive light is probably only broken. I left it broken, no green light when driving in the dark...

dont know if you can fix it yourself, but if you can find it, replace it with a led bulb. Thy last longer..

GReeTZ

Willem

I have a 1999 RX 300 and every time I start the car the clock is at 1:00 am. I have to reset the clock. Anybody have a clue as to why this happens? Also my transmission lights on the dashboard all work except for the drive light, could that be a bulb and if so can I replace it myself?

Buy (or try) a new car battery for the clock problem.

The drive light is probably only broken. I left it broken, no green light when driving in the dark...

dont know if you can fix it yourself, but if you can find it, replace it with a led bulb. Thy last longer..

GReeTZ

Willem

Thanks for the advice Ill try the new battery.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if you received any solid reasons/causes for the clock reset issue. I have a 2000 RX300 and am experiencing the same issue with the clock reseting everytime I start the car. Moreover, I have the same issue with the dashboard drive light - any feedback on how to repair?

My guess is the aforementioned battery replacement fix.

When the engine is started there is a tremendous draw on the battery. It may be enough with a weak battery to cause the trickle to the memory components to be interrupted and reset.

There should be other symptoms along with that however such as power windows needing reprogrammed and other things that the owner's manual mentions when replacing a battery.

If the battery is over 3 years old that is another indicator that there may be a battery problem.

Not sure about the "D" light not being illuminated. It may be a coincidence.

Anyway, most auto stores will check a battery for free as an incentive to get you to buy one from them. Call around and find out who will do a test for free.

• 4 months later...