Miles Per Gallon Summer 2008

Kennyr

How many miles per gallon are you guys getting? I just did a test and got 17.5 in town only with the a/c on here in Denver.

Kenny, you are asking a very common question. Do a search and you will find many and varied answers. The bottom line always seems to be

that the LS gets very good mileage given the weight and horsepower of the vehicle. Your 17.5 around town seems reasonable depending on your driving style.

My 98 LS will get around 20 in town but I drive like an old man (maybe because I am!?). Combined city/highway is around 23-24 which I consider excellent

given the car's parameters. All on premium petrol of course. Wouldn't dream of giving my baby bottom-shelf swill. :D

My 17.5 was with regular gas. 1991 ls400 170,000 miles. Thats not trying to drive smooth and do right turns only either. There were plenty of stop lights I waited for. I'm thrilled with what I got. I haven't done a test for years. I forgot what I was getting. 4 bucks a gallon makes you think. My car is well maintained (by me) also. All fluids are synthetic.

'99 LS with 160k miles, just put on 350 miles today (15% city, 85% cruising at 75mph) and got 27.6mpg (a/c on all the time). I can't complain about that! B)

When did you get the '99?!?

I'm out of the loop!

How many miles per gallon are you guys getting? I just did a test and got 17.5 in town only with the a/c on here in Denver.

2000 LS 400 at 250,000 miles with daily 160 Highway mile commute. I'm averaging between 27.5-28.5 per gallon Tank average. I reached 29.2mpg one way just two days ago. I was amazed! :D

My 17.5 was with regular gas. 1991 ls400 170,000 miles. Thats not trying to drive smooth and do right turns only either. There were plenty of stop lights I waited for. I'm thrilled with what I got. I haven't done a test for years. I forgot what I was getting. 4 bucks a gallon makes you think. My car is well maintained (by me) also. All fluids are synthetic.

How long have you been running on regular? From a mechanics perspective, have you noticed any difference in terms of performance, valve deposits, condition of the cats, etc? Because 89 octane ignites at at a slightly different point in the combustion cycle, I would think there would be deposits and the cats would run hotter from the unburnt fuel.

Got $65 worth of 92 last Sat and math said I was getting 21.5. This week it looks even better. I'll be over 200 miles when I get to half a tank so when I get more gas on Sat (cringe) I'll see if this weeks driving had me any better. I did put in a new air filter on Sat evening so I bet that will help a lot.

Our '96 has a problem with one of the cats so 21.5 on that ain't too bad! I'm getting a little bit less than that (like 20.5) on my 7. My trips are mostly all highway and I work against traffic.