Brake Pad Tsb Question

I had the Brake pad TSB done and I haven't noticed any change in the amount of brake dust being produced. I think they put original pads back on. I attached a picture. On one of the spokes i wiped a clean spot. the amount on the rim is terrible!

Please let me know if this is what yours looks like after the TSB. I have a 2007 IS250 AWD. Thanks. J

post-49620-1212859719_thumb.jpg

I had the Brake pad TSB done and I haven't noticed any change in the amount of brake dust being produced. I think they put original pads back on. I attached a picture. On one of the spokes i wiped a clean spot. the amount on the rim is terrible!

Please let me know if this is what yours looks like after the TSB. I have a 2007 IS250 AWD. Thanks. J

I had the TSB done about 1000 miles ago and I notice a huge difference. Normally at 1000 mi there would be a substantial amount of dust. It is negligible now.

No doubt you have the wrong pads.

I had the tsb done and there's 90% less dust.

They must have fitted the wrong pads...I only changed the front pads and there's a 90% improvement..in fact the rears dust up a lot more than the fronts now.

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is TSB? I understand that it does something to reduce the amount of brake dust (which I have a ongoing battle with), but what exactly is it and how is it done? Are there any other reasons to have it done or is it strictly to reduce brake dust?

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is TSB? I understand that it does something to reduce the amount of brake dust (which I have a ongoing battle with), but what exactly is it and how is it done? Are there any other reasons to have it done or is it strictly to reduce brake dust?

It's a 'Technical Service Bulletin' or more correctly a TSIB which is a 'Technical Service Information Bulletin' issued by Lexus, usually in response to customer or dealer complaints, but also from Lexus themselves if they discover a manufacturing problem that affects cars already sold.

The Brake Pad TSIB described the corrective actions necessary to replace the original high friction pads that generated so much dust with a set based on a ceramic material Part# 04465-53030. There's a listing on the site of all the TSIB's covering trim rattles, fuel pipe recall, rubber mat replacement, seat belt changeout, engine rattles from cold etc. etc.

I had the TSB brake pad change done as well on the 08' IS 350. They did use the GS pads, and the brake dust is easily 90% better. And I haven't noticed any difference in braking performance.

It's a 'Technical Service Bulletin' or more correctly a TSIB which is a 'Technical Service Information Bulletin' issued by Lexus, usually in response to customer or dealer complaints, but also from Lexus themselves if they discover a manufacturing problem that affects cars already sold.

The Brake Pad TSIB described the corrective actions necessary to replace the original high friction pads that generated so much dust with a set based on a ceramic material Part# 04465-53030. There's a listing on the site of all the TSIB's covering trim rattles, fuel pipe recall, rubber mat replacement, seat belt changeout, engine rattles from cold etc. etc.

Three-week owner of an 08 IS250 AWD. I do get a lot of dust on the fronts. Should I wait until the 1,000 to get this done? Any other things I should have they fix at 1,000?

Thanks guys. This site is awesome.

Three-week owner of an 08 IS250 AWD. I do get a lot of dust on the fronts. Should I wait until the 1,000 to get this done? Any other things I should have they fix at 1,000?

I would wait as long as possible. I got 26K miles out of my brakes before the change. They would have changed them out until 49999 - at least that's what they told me. By the way - I had mine changed out for non-squeak pads ( you have a choice). You may want to wait and see. For me I was all set for the low dust pads until the squeak came. For me if its a choice between dirt and a loud squeak - I would go for celaning my wheels twics a week.

The reduced brake pad is a tan / light color...the original brake pad are charcoal in color. If you can peek through the wheel and see the pad color, that will tell you if they did or did not use the correct TSIB brake pad. If you can't see through the wheel, Take the wheel off and examine the pad color. Make sure to torque the lug nuts to about 82 ft/lbs when you put the wheel back on the car.