New Owner Sort Of...

Hey guys finally got to the dealer today and signed the papers on a 250 AWD in Smoky granite with sterling interior, lux, prem, and nav. Out the door for a little under 39.

Heres the kicker tho, so after we are done with the finance guy we come out and still no car in the "delivery room" they tell us it would only be a few more minutes...about half hour later our salesmen comes up and says they put a new battery in the car (kinda strange since it only had 14 miles on it and was totally new still had all the plastic inside on everything) So about another 20 mins and salesmen comes back over with the manager of the dealership.

I guess there was some kind of problem with the ignition system on the car we picked out. That was the only smoky they had with those options on the lot, they told us we could pick any other car but we were set on that color. So they said give them a few days to track down one with the same options and colors in the area and we can pick it up on Weds. O and cause of this whole thing...i got them to throw in the Sirius unit on the new car for 200 bux.

So heres the cliff notes version....went in to buy IS, bought IS, left with loaner ES. :rolleyes: Overall just a very long day for not getting the car we bought.

Hey guys finally got to the dealer today and signed the papers on a 250 AWD in Smoky granite with sterling interior, lux, prem, and nav. Out the door for a little under 39.

Heres the kicker tho, so after we are done with the finance guy we come out and still no car in the "delivery room" they tell us it would only be a few more minutes...about half hour later our salesmen comes up and says they put a new battery in the car (kinda strange since it only had 14 miles on it and was totally new still had all the plastic inside on everything) So about another 20 mins and salesmen comes back over with the manager of the dealership.

I guess there was some kind of problem with the ignition system on the car we picked out. That was the only smoky they had with those options on the lot, they told us we could pick any other car but we were set on that color. So they said give them a few days to track down one with the same options and colors in the area and we can pick it up on Weds. O and cause of this whole thing...i got them to throw in the Sirius unit on the new car for 200 bux.

So heres the cliff notes version....went in to buy IS, bought IS, left with loaner ES. :rolleyes: Overall just a very long day for not getting the car we bought.

Sounds like they treated you well though. Good that the problem showed up at the dealer! Congratulations, and pics please as soon as you are able!

Sounds like they treated you well though. Good that the problem showed up at the dealer! Congratulations, and pics please as soon as you are able!

Yep they were really nice wasnt complaining about the service I am glad they were honest and didnt sell me a car with some problem on it. The thing ran fine, so im not sure what happened from the time we drove it to the time it was taken in back to be cleaned up.

Just kinda bummed out, cant wait for weds! :D Maybe ill go snap some pics of my loaner...lol.

Well, congrats on completing the steps to purchase a new car. Thinking you were going home in a new IS250!!!! NOT!! LOL!! MAn that must have been tough! I know I wouldn't have been happy, but then, you want what you want, and the car is worth waiting for, so.....

And Welcome to the LOC. :)

Well, congrats on completing the steps to purchase a new car. Thinking you were going home in a new IS250!!!! NOT!! LOL!! MAn that must have been tough! I know I wouldn't have been happy, but then, you want what you want, and the car is worth waiting for, so.....

And Welcome to the LOC. :)

Thanks for the welcome smooth. Ya i was not happy, but like i said at least i got my sirius install for under invoice.

BTW is it Weds yet? :P

You'll appreciate the IS more after driving the ES for a few days. I had a ES loaner for one day and couldn't wait to get my IS back.

No kidding, that thing is huge! I am a big fan of SMALL cars and driving this ES is like sailing a boat.

You'll appreciate the IS more after driving the ES for a few days. I had a ES loaner for one day and couldn't wait to get my IS back.

No kidding, that thing is huge! I am a big fan of SMALL cars and driving this ES is like sailing a boat.

Yeah, the one I had rode l like a boat too.

Well the ES is faster than the IS250 AWD, so he may miss the power. Then again, the ES drives llike a boat.

LOL haha im glad we all agree the ES is like a boat. Hopefully non of them find their way over to this thread and see we are insulting their car. :whistles:

I don't think of it as an insult. The ES is designed for a different feel and type of driver needs. I've driven the ES a few times as well, and if you were looking for that type of ride and comfort, then the ES fits that bill very well. But some of us like the sportier, tighter, point and shoot feeling of the IS. ANd even though you have the 250, the sport feel is still very nice in the suspension and handling. ANd I think the IS got the best tail lights and IMO, has the best lines and size for the design. And I think the LS is super nice looking also, but way to big of a car for me.

I don't think of it as an insult. The ES is designed for a different feel and type of driver needs. I've driven the ES a few times as well, and if you were looking for that type of ride and comfort, then the ES fits that bill very well. But some of us like the sportier, tighter, point and shoot feeling of the IS. ANd even though you have the 250, the sport feel is still very nice in the suspension and handling. ANd I think the IS got the best tail lights and IMO, has the best lines and size for the design. And I think the LS is super nice looking also, but way to big of a car for me.

Ya i hear ya...I think the IS is one of the best looking cars on the road. I cant wait to get mine :rolleyes: Need to call the dealer tomorrow and see how they are doing on tracking one down.

I know they dont have the power of the 350 but i need the AWD and for all the driving i do the MPG of the smaller engine will be nice.

Well the ES is faster than the IS250 AWD, so he may miss the power. Then again, the ES drives llike a boat.

LOL haha im glad we all agree the ES is like a boat. Hopefully non of them find their way over to this thread and see we are insulting their car. :whistles:

Welcome to the LOC!

We have an ES and IS 350. I specifically went out and purchased the IS b/c I did not like the way the ES drove (too soft), but my wife LOVES the car and all of its bells and whistles (Ultra Lux Package w/ ML system).

Sorry - It's only Monday, but Wednesday would be a great day to call in sick :D

Sorry - It's only Monday, but Wednesday would be a great day to call in sick :D

LOL ya i thought about it, except everyone at work knows about it since they saw my loaner car today so that would be really obvious. But i was considering taking the day since i do have comp time coming out my ...

We'll see, maybe take a day and drive around but i think we're going to get rained on pretty good for the next two days.

Well Well i picked the car up tonight. They did not have the part for sirius i guess it is back ordered until the 10th, so since it is delayed they dropped the 200 dollar charge and are doing it for free. Another surprize.....I guess when they went looking for the car locally the only one they could find with our options and color combo had the rear lip spoiler. So they thru that in at no added cost. O the "new" car didnt have the all weather mats but i made them give me those as well...so we have the all weather and the normal lexus mats.

So i think we made out pretty good. AWD 250 Lux, Prem, Nav, Spoiler, Sirius, all weather mats, premium accessories (cargo, trunk mat, etc.). Dont think there is anything else you could add to the car in our region, BTW out the door for just over 38k.

Ill snap some pics of it tomorrow.

Heck, the way I see it is they didn't have the car when originally promised, so they should have just thrown that in also for free. You got robbed man! :lol:

Heck, the way I see it is they didn't have the car when originally promised, so they should have just thrown that in also for free. You got robbed man! :lol:

LOL didnt think to try that one. I already felt like everyone at the dealership hated us. We didnt get out of there till after 9, and i made the guy drive over to their remote lot to pick up my all weather mats cause we are suppose to get some nasty rain the next few days and i didnt want to ruin my nice mats. I guess the parts department was closed so he had to jack them from the trunk of another car. :D