Rear Deck Woofer Can it be replaced?

Hi! I'm the new guy on board, and am glad I found the site! I am a member of Tundra Solutions, and have recently purchased my 97' ES 300. It has been hard to find any information about my car?

I really want to find out as much as possible (both performance & just maintenance) :huh: , and look forward to your comments. I have the typical problems with noisy struts, leaky valve covers, and a leaky power steering pump. The rear sub is inadequate, but will work if it isn't a big deal to replace.

I can't afford to do all of the repairs at once, and wodered about simply replacing steering fluid with the Lucas stop leak....but, I'll try to ask about that seperately. Thanks!

Don't worry i made it one topic for both to make it easier for you.

If the pump is leaking it would check it to make sure it is the pump and not a hose ,if not already done.The lucas stuff works great but is only a band aid. I also can;pt remember if it runs on tranny fluid if it runs the cooling fans also or regular PS fluid.

The sub can be replace with another kind of free air woofer but it would need a better amp to make it works properly as the stock sub is very efficient but not powerful.

Does anyone know if I were to add a sub box in the trunk, if the factory (97') sub needs to be removed? I wonder if the sound waves would cancel each other out, or if the sound would create a passive sub effect with the stock 8" woofer? Any suggestions? I don't know how hard it would be to take it out, so if I can leave it, I will.