Sports Bra For 2008 Es 350

EMP

I put about 90 miles on my ES350 each day, mostly highway. I'm getting quite a few paint chips, seems like a lot more than my old ES300. Anyway, does anyone know where I can buy a bra/sports bra for the front of my ES350. Lexus used to sell them but doesn't anymore.

Thanks!

EMP

I put about 90 miles on my ES350 each day, mostly highway. I'm getting quite a few paint chips, seems like a lot more than my old ES300. Anyway, does anyone know where I can buy a bra/sports bra for the front of my ES350. Lexus used to sell them but doesn't anymore.

Thanks!

EMP

Colgan has them. This link should work or at least get you close. I have one for my RX and they are nice and heavy weight.

http://www.colgancustom.com/shop_vparts.php#1

Have you considered a clear bra? Much more attractive.

Does Lexus sell one for the '07?

What is this clear bra I keep hearing about?

I haven't actually seen one but I know Griot's Garage sells a product similar to that. I use Griot's Garage products exclusively for my car care. They aren't cheap but their products do what they say and their service is excellent.

A clear bra is a plastic cover applied with a sticky backing. It is sort of like that shelf paper with the sticky backing - forgot the name of it. Anyway, it is (semi)permanent and durable.

Do a search of this site for posts on the good and bad qualities of a clear bra. From what I've read it is expensive and having a good installer is critical to it being applied correctly.

A clear bra is a plastic cover applied with a sticky backing. It is sort of like that shelf paper with the sticky backing - forgot the name of it. Anyway, it is (semi)permanent and durable.

Do a search of this site for posts on the good and bad qualities of a clear bra. From what I've read it is expensive and having a good installer is critical to it being applied correctly.

Found some stuff on it... http://www.automotivearticles.com/Clear_Bra_3M.shtml and http://www.invisiblepatterns.com

Has anybody here done it? What are your opinins on it?

The closest thing I was able to find was a Lexus hood deflector.....no bra of front end mask.

:cheers:

Hi - can you tell me where you found the hood defector. I'd like to see what it looks like.

Thanks

The closest thing I was able to find was a Lexus hood deflector.....no bra of front end mask.

Hi - can you tell me where you found the hood defector. I'd like to see what it looks like.

Thanks

Colgan has those also. On the link above, look at the middle picture of the style choices.

Found some stuff on it... http://www.automotivearticles.com/Clear_Bra_3M.shtml and http://www.invisiblepatterns.com

AZ -

My 07 ES had one installed by the previous owner on the front bumper, side view mirrors, front windshield supports and most importantly on the rear bumper. Why on the rear bumper you ask? Well, how many times have you or the wifey loaded something into the trunk and it slipped and fell onto the bumper? Ah ha! Saves on the incidental scratches - also protects the car while in the garage around the kids!

I've always had them installed on my vehicles and they are a huge paint chip saver, especially here in Colorado! However, make sure you spend the money for a good quality clear bra! The cheap imitations tend to turn "milky", hence ruining the beautiful look of your luxury vehicle :) Again, back to the wise old adage of, "You get what you pay for!"

AZ -

My 07 ES had one installed by the previous owner on the front bumper, side view mirrors, front windshield supports and most importantly on the rear bumper. Why on the rear bumper you ask? Well, how many times have you or the wifey loaded something into the trunk and it slipped and fell onto the bumper? Ah ha! Saves on the incidental scratches - also protects the car while in the garage around the kids!

I've always had them installed on my vehicles and they are a huge paint chip saver, especially here in Colorado! However, make sure you spend the money for a good quality clear bra! The cheap imitations tend to turn "milky", hence ruining the beautiful look of your luxury vehicle :) Again, back to the wise old adage of, "You get what you pay for!"

I don't travel on the highway so much, but already have a couple of noticeable nicks on the hood and two front quarter panels. Drives me nuts! I wonder if I should do it or not.

• 1 month later...

My 08 is having the clear bra installed as we speak. I will report back.

(I have had it 2.5 months and it seems like everytime I drive it to the lake ((150 miles)) I find a new chip, up to 3 little, touched up chips now - it is annoying, so I thought I would give this a shot before the bumper looks too bad)

My 08 is having the clear bra installed as we speak. I will report back.

(I have had it 2.5 months and it seems like everytime I drive it to the lake ((150 miles)) I find a new chip, up to 3 little, touched up chips now - it is annoying, so I thought I would give this a shot before the bumper looks too bad)

Cool, show some pics!!!

I just picked the 350 up this morning.

Before the installation I let Ziebart know that I was a somewhat ‘particular’ customer. Due to my experience with Lexus, I feel I need to give a disclaimer nowadays.

The manager informed me that the ‘Clear Bra’ is inherently an imperfect product and there is no way to make it completely seamless. I appreciate that the manager was upfront with me. I obviously went ahead with the purchase. I am quite pleased with the results. I think the Starfire pearl makes it less noticeable. I must admit that I am still somewhat skeptical of the product and only time will tell if it delivers on its many promises.

I will post in more detail after I have a few highway experiences.

(I couldn’t post a pic to save my life… sorry..)

I just picked the 350 up this morning.

Before the installation I let Ziebart know that I was a somewhat ‘particular’ customer. Due to my experience with Lexus, I feel I need to give a disclaimer nowadays.

The manager informed me that the ‘Clear Bra’ is inherently an imperfect product and there is no way to make it completely seamless. I appreciate that the manager was upfront with me. I obviously went ahead with the purchase. I am quite pleased with the results. I think the Starfire pearl makes it less noticeable. I must admit that I am still somewhat skeptical of the product and only time will tell if it delivers on its many promises.

I will post in more detail after I have a few highway experiences.

(I couldn’t post a pic to save my life… sorry..)

What did Ziebart charge for the installation? Just curious.

It was priced at $699 + $99 because I had them cover part of the back bumper by the trunk. Needless to say we negotiated a bit and I got it all for $545. Isn’t the cheapest thing on earth but I was really more interested in having the Lifetime peal/fade warranty. I have dealt with Ziebart many times in the past for window tint etc., they always stand behind their products.

How funny... I was driving to my dentist this morning on the west side of town when a big rock hit my hood. All I could do was laugh because this has been a hard luck car since day one!

The 'clear bra' did block the car from chipping.. but it put a nice 'gash' in the film. I can't really tell if it punctured it or just made a mark you can feel and see. Regardless, I think this plastic junk just paid for itself. It is slightly more 'absorbent' than I though it would be. Meaning, if you run your fingernail across it, it leaves a grove for a second and then perks back up. Maybe this absorbs some of the shock of the rocks. I thought it would be ‘hard’ but apparently not.

Nothing will surprise me from this point on with this car…… and my luck!

Got one on mine - can't even tell it's there from 4 feet away and beyond. It even includes a coating on the side mirrors and the entire front facade (not including the black front spoiler. They didnt do the front pillar though and guess what, it got chipped. I also do a lot of highway driving. Mine was $450 - it was a dealer installed sub-let option. It was included in my price.