Another Ebay Ripoff

jmblimo

Hi all. I, and several other folks had their money "stolen" last month by Ebay's "ittybittyamy1," Amy Ebbesen of BELLEVUE, Washington. This person listed a bunch of LS400 parts for auction, and of course didn't send them out after being paid. These auctions ended in mid October.

Anybody else on the forum been stung by this fine person?

This is the third time I've be stung by someone in the Seattle area, and no where else. What's going on up there?

Thanks Richard. I followed you advice and filed with Washington state. I had already done so with the federal Internet fraud site. I know it won't do any good, like you said, but i will feel better doing everything I can.

I've had more trouble on Ebay in the last couple of months than the three years prior. Looks to me like a lot of crooks have moved in.

3 complaints in 3 months - not good.

It seems that her membership has been cancelled or it's been suspended from trading on eBay. Good.

Yes, there are crooks out there but there are also good deals and good sellers. I've bought a lot of stuff from ebay which includes my '93 LS400 and so far I have not been ripped off.

:rolleyes:

"She" would have received a lot more negative feedback if Ebay had not closed the account. Looks like everyone that bought the LS400 stuff got stiffed. Ebay stops the feedback process with account suspension.

Ebay says they are only a "forum", the transaction is between the seller and me. That attitude draws a lot of crooks and I told Ebay so. Their "insurance" is a joke. There's a $25 deductable against the auction amount only, no mention of the shipping charges. They also want you to try every other means to reclaim your money before they will do anything, that is, file against your credit card first - thank goodness I paid with a Visa. My claim has been submitted to Visa but it sure isn't Visa's fault.