Steering Wheel Controls...

flop170

I did a search for paddle shifter kits, if that is what you are talking about, It was a couple of months ago but there were a couple of options available. www.tciauto.com/WhatsNew/Files/tcipaddleshifter.pdf

I think that you have to buy their electronic shift control unit to "talk" to the transmission.

Turn the wheel to the right to turn right. Thurn the wheel left to turn left. Push the part with the horn icon to blow the horn.

good one bartkat...but seriously though.... is there a way to do it?

Not for manual trannies, only for the automatics. And what I saw was a conversion kit for the buttons in the steering wheel on the autos to change them to paddle style shifters.

maybe i should clarify myself....... steering wheel controls for the stereo!!!!!!!! lol...... like you know volume up and down..... and track forwards and backwards and stuff....

i was thinking maybe i could just take any steering wheel controls from any car from like a junk yard or something and make it fit my steering wheel and then use the converter that crutchfield sells for making aftermarket stereos work with the stock steering controls for whatever one i used..... i don't know if it'll work or not... but it's what i'm thinking....

oh and how did you guys get paddle shifting from steering wheel controls..... i guess what i'm thinking and what i actually typed are two different things... i don't know... but now it's out there.... hopefully to the point that everybody knows what i'm talking about! lol....... so once again... is it possible??????????? sorry for the mix up! lol.....

• 1 year later...

Aha, I too am looking for steering wheel radio controls. I just bought a 2005 IS300, but alas, no wheel controls.

As corny as this may sound, I actually thought the wheel controls on my mom's Sienna were PERFECT.

Volume up/down mute were on the left behind the wheel, and preset next/back and mode were on the right.

Maybe I can cut up a kit and apply it to the back of the wheel.