Looking To Buy Navigation Dvd Gen 2 /3 Ver 7.1

lexus Flyers

Has anyone had dealings with this ad thru Craigslist? Sounds too good to be true. I have no problem with installing the DVD myself, I have found the installations directions on line, but I'm not sure this is legitimate.

Navigation DVD Gen 2 and 3 Ver 7.1 - New ,Lexus Toyota - $80

Reply to: sale-560326000@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-02-02, 1:44AM

2007 DVD (non-oem) Navigation System Update Generation 2 & 3 - Version 7.1

Toyota Motors is pleased to announce the release of the 2007 DVD Navigation System Update Disc available for Generation 2 and Generation 3 Navigation Systems.

Toyota Part Number

86271-33036

464210-0930

DATA ver.07.1

PT219-GEN23-071

Vehicle Model Model Year

Lexus LS430 2001, 2002

Lexus GS430 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Lexus GS300 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Lexus ES300/ ES330 2002, 2003

Lexus RX300/ RX330 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004

Lexus LX470 2001, 2002, 2003

Lexus IS300 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Lexus SC430 2002, 2003, 2004

Lexus GX470 2003, 2004

Toyota Camry 2002, 2003

Toyota Sienna 2002, 2003, 2004

Toyota 4Runner 2002, 2003, 2004

Toyota Land Cruiser 2001, 2002, 2003

Toyota Prius 2002, 2003

Toyota Avalon 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

CONTACT YOUR DEALER FOR COMPATIBILITY ,Must be Gen 2 or Gen 3.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/560326000.html

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had dealings with this ad thru Craigslist? Sounds too good to be true. I have no problem with installing the DVD myself, I have found the installations directions on line, but I'm not sure this is legitimate.

The seller (located in SJ) was very good about delivering the burned disc(s). I tried with three of the discs over the course of 2 weeks, in fact; but it didn't work for my SC430 2004 (gen 2/3 7.1). we even spent about 1hour in person trying different things (disconnecting battery, disc cleaner). he claimed it was not a problem with other cars he had sold too. i suspect a copy can work, but i will probably bite the bullet to get the original one for 185 on ebay.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Does anyone know where to find the best price on the new Navigation DVD Gen 2 /3 Ver 7.1.

Any Help would be great.

PM sent

Hi I got my 1st lexus last summer: 2004 SC430.

from what i can tell by reading posts on this board I have a Gen 2/3

my nav system tells me it's a ver 3.1

i cannot get info on the lexus.com site about my car or the info on updates to the Nav as i bought a US vehicle but I live in Canada... Lexus Canada site does not seem to be as awesome as the US site...

I am hoping someone can tell me:

1. what is the actual part # i need to get the 7.1 Gen 2/3

2. do i need to know if I am using Gen 2 or Gen 3?

3. when loooking for a seller, should i buy an OEM disk? whats the difference? do i need an "upgrade" or a "full" dvd?

4. this may be a dumb question but is the Toyota Nav dvd the same as the Lexus one?

Lexus canada wants to charge me closer to $500 for the newest one :( i'm afraid i spend most of my extra cash on gas hehee)

Thanks in advance for ANY help!

Amy

Be careful buying aftermarket (aka pirated) copies. I just bought Ver. 8.1 for $250 for my '03 ls430. Won't have to update again for years. I originally bought what I thought was advertised as OEM and it came as a bad pirated copy. Luckily eBay got my money back and I reported the guy to the USPS and Lexus. He quickly left eBay but I think was on Craig's List, too. There are some on here selling Pirated copies. Be careful............

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know where to find the best price on the new Navigation DVD Gen 2 /3 Ver 7.1.

Any Help would be great.

PM sent

I am also looking for an OEM Navigation DVD Gen 2 /3 Ver 7.1. or Version 6.1 for Gen 2/3. I have a 2002 GS300 and the back up copy doesn't work with my system- if anyone has one for sell and its not a back up copy- PM.

• 1 month later...

Check page 3 near the end of this post,,worked for me

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry371200

Any Help would be great.

PM sent

I am also looking for an OEM Navigation DVD Gen 2 /3 Ver 7.1. or Version 6.1 for Gen 2/3. I have a 2002 GS300 and the back up copy doesn't work with my system- if anyone has one for sell and its not a back up copy- PM.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a 2001 GS 430 the Navigation has never been updated. What I have read on other post is it’s not worth updating. I have Garmin and it works great. but feel odd driving around with an in dash navigation unit with a Nuvi on the dash. I know I will have to replace the Garmin someday but which would be the best way to go. Update or Purchase? :unsure:

I have a 2001 GS 430 the Navigation has never been updated. What I have read on other post is it’s not worth updating. I have Garmin and it works great. but feel odd driving around with an in dash navigation unit with a Nuvi on the dash. I know I will have to replace the Garmin someday but which would be the best way to go. Update or Purchase? :unsure:

Gosh, an update is pretty darn cheap and you can install it yourself: http://www.lexusnavigation.com/what_to_order.php

I guess I did not make myself clear on the question. I have heard that the installed Nav if updated still has a lot problems and the safety lock out is a problem. Even for the passenger to use. I can spend the $169+ on the update or just purchase a new Garmin. Need some input on the problems with the in dash unit. :blushing:

I guess I did not make myself clear on the question. I have heard that the installed Nav if updated still has a lot problems and the safety lock out is a problem. Even for the passenger to use. I can spend the $169+ on the update or just purchase a new Garmin. Need some input on the problems with the in dash unit. :blushing:

What "lot of problems" are you talking about? By "problems" do you mean a lack of features that were added to navigation systems in later model years? Tell us and maybe someone can comment.

Yes, the safety lockout feature continues after the update although you will no longer have to press the "I Agree" button - there are aftermarket products you can buy to defeat the safety lockout. Edit: Whoops! I may be mistaken about a nav update getting rid of having to press the "I Agree" button - may apply only to later nav system versions.

I love our Garmins - we have two inexpensive (currenlty about $200) 2595 LMT with 5" inch screens - one is mounted on a bracket by my radio and hardwired into my 00 LS electrical system and the other my wife uses on business trips in rental cars. Our Garmins have excellent voice control for making phone calls and entering destinations, advertising free traffic information with rerouting around traffic jams, and amazing integration with my Android cell phone where I can do things like send location information for businesses from Yelp and YP on my phone to the Garmin via Bluetooth and even be guided back to my parked car by the Garmin SmartPhone Link app (available only for Android) running on my phone.

That said, I think $169 is a small price to pay for much newer maps if your current maps are old. If you want newer features and are willing to spend the money, there are numerous threads on the ClubLexus forum about installing aftermarket indash navigation systems - requires installing an HVAC control unit from a non-nav GS.

The problems that I read were not finding correct routes. Having you exit off the interstates and directing you up the outer road when no traffic was present. But I have ordered the update I will see for myself will keep the Nuvi close as a backup. Thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I bought the CD update for the GS430 and I really cannot tell a lot different. It now has my home street on the map but will not take you from door to door. I have placed local address that has been here for years and it will take me to the middle of the street. It will not start navigation until you get to the main Rd. The unit will still direct me to exit to an outer road only to get back on just an exit down the road no traffic hazards. Pride come before the fall I just thought a $2000 unit was just sitting there and not being used and I regret the purchase.

Yes I purchased the upgrade from Lexus an OEM for $165.00. Not that it is a large sum but for a product that you cannot trust is a large waste. I travel in several large cities and cannot afford the option of getting lost. When I fly I can always I can always take the Nuvi for the rental car.

I will stay with the on dash nevi it has always been able to take me from door to door even in Chicago. :excl::blushing: