90,000 Mile Service At Toyota Dealer?

coolwater

My ES300 now reached 105,000 miles and I recently had my car diagnosed by a local Lexus dealer and they recommended '90,000 mile service' which I haven't done plus Mass Airflow Sensor change and cleaning of Carbon Build-up--fuel injector cleaning.

The mass airflow sensor was changed right away (cost $375) because they said it is the cause of the Engine Check light. But, I had the same light after the service, so I went back to the same Lexus dealer and they now said the fuel injector needs to be cleaned and it will cost another $300 and I declined.

So, now, I have to do the 90,000-mile service that includes timing belt change plus fuel injector cleaning. Total service will cost about $1,400~ $1,500 at the Lexus dealer.

1. Is it a good idea to go to a local Toyota Dealer to save money? Will I save money there?

2. Will I have the same quality service (besides the loaner car) at a Toyota Dealer?

Please give me your advice~~~

Thank you!

1. Yes and Yes.

2.Yes...they even wash my car after a minor oil change service.

At least, this has been my experience with going to my local Toyota dealership for servicing for the past two years.

Since the Lexus ES300/330/350 is (mechanically speaking) the same as the Toyota V6 Camry, the technicians at your Toyota dealership should be very comfortable under its hood...

1) Well around here both Lexus and Toyota are owned by same dealers. So they are the same priced at both, I tried trust me.

2) SKIP the wash at the dealer. They do a half-a$$ job and do more harm then good. Basically, the people who wash they suck and I love the stupid cherry smell they put in a LEATHER car!!!! CLOWNS.

2.5) They do not give loaner cars out here since it is a day job; no car for a day job.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I was quoted $900 from Toyota for mine, they'd charge $600 just to do the timing belt. Its a big job. Lexus charged me $1200 so I figured it was worth the extra $300 to let my guy take care of it.

Houston, TX toyota runs special

4 cylinder $199

6 cylinder $299

That's just for timing belt + Labor.

Problem I see, is I would NOT let anyone in Houston work on my car. Maybe brookshire or Katy. Not Houston. PLus do not forget the 8.25% tax and the other endless fees they throw at you there.

Nevermind the I-10 JOKE

That's just wrong, and certainly unconscionable.

Write a letter to Charles Barker informing him of his dealership's ripoff tactics. He'll probably send you a 50% off service coupon so getting ripped off will cost you 50% less. :D

Eddie

The local Lexus dealer quoted me $2700 to repair my A/C. My local Honda dealer fixed it for $350. Go figure.

The local Lexus dealer quoted me $2700 to repair my A/C. My local Honda dealer fixed it for $350. Go figure.

Are you sure both dealers showed prices on same parts. Most times the upscale dealers will try and replace everything just to be sure. Local guys guys, per say,only fix what is "broken".

I had the same deal on my wifes car. Someone wanted to fix only the compressor. I said did you check, evap, h/l switch, hoses..which they did not.