Wrecked My Baby

psumosdef

lost my baby in an accident. this forsaken deer ran in the road adn i tried to avoid it but hit it and it knocked my car into a tree..

now the research is what should i buy a 98-2000 ls or something else.. i kinda want a four wheeel drive CAR but i cant part from lexus especially LS

post-29302-1197069905_thumb.jpg

post-29302-1197069942_thumb.jpg

post-29302-1197069961_thumb.jpg

post-29302-1197069975_thumb.jpg

God damn deer. Looks like you escaped unscathed, good to see. :)

What are you doing with that beautiful, slightly disarrayed lexus now? Is that a tan interior I see? (couldn't resist.. my driver seat is in bad shape. :) )

Wow, that looks like a hard hit! It looks like the passenger cage collasped because it looks like the brunt of the hit was in the "A" pillar. The frame of the car did not have a chance to absorb the impact. Its obvious these are tough cars- because when many cars (especially of that year model) take a hard hit in the "A" pillar, there is major collaspe.

Glad you are OK!

I would be sick if that happened to my car and I know how you must feel. However, You should also be thankful that you were driving that car as many other cars would have probably left you in the hospital.

I am here in Michigan and am relatively new to owning a Lexus. With recent snow falls I still find myself preferring driving the Lexus over my Durango or S10 and they are both 4X4's... I find myself more worried about other drivers hitting me than how the lexus handles the snow, which by the way is incredible when you change your traction control to SNOW. I have always thought those switches were a gimmic and did not make much difference but I have to say there is quite a performance difference between modes.

In summary, I would invest in another Lexus before buying a Durango, S10 or like..However if you are talking about buying a Lexus 4X4 that is a different story..

I would be sick if that happened to my car and I know how you must feel. However, You should also be thankful that you were driving that car as many other cars would have probably left you in the hospital.

I am here in Michigan and am relatively new to owning a Lexus. With recent snow falls I still find myself preferring driving the Lexus over my Durango or S10 and they are both 4X4's... I find myself more worried about other drivers hitting me than how the lexus handles the snow, which by the way is incredible when you change your traction control to SNOW. I have always thought those switches were a gimmic and did not make much difference but I have to say there is quite a performance difference between modes.

In summary, I would invest in another Lexus before buying a Durango, S10 or like..However if you are talking about buying a Lexus 4X4 that is a different story..

Forgot to mention that fact that I paid $20,000 for my durango and would be lucky to get $5,000 today.. I am positive that I will get more for my Lexus next year than I paid for it this year...

Wow. That must have been quite a deer. Sad to see. I assume you fared better than the car.

I live on a highway in deer country, and find dead deer hit by cars in front of my house several times a year. Within a few years I hit five or six myself with my old Camry wagon, which kept on running, and I retired a stretched Dodge Ram Van equipped with camper stuff and a wheelchair lift when I hit a deer full on going 80 mph (that's me, not the deer). I started driving 55 at night after that, and haven't hit a deer since (about eight years). Maybe just luck, but probably not. Not sure if it's that it allows me more time to brake or if the deer can adjust to the car better at that speed or what. They do jump out in front of you sometimes.

Don't know how much 4WD you need where you are, but my biggest problem with my 98 LS is the snow handling, even with snow mode. It's not so much driving on the road as getting to the road from my driveway, which slants up slightly towards the road. Might get easier when I get new tires, but it's always going to be a problem with such a heavy car and only two powered wheels.