Scary Lexus Dealers

kingjack133

powerwave (who works for a dealer)

worked for a dealer. dealer work/flat rate is murder on the spine, on the family life, on the pocketbook if you have the least bit of dignity left in you. no, flat rate is the reason the business has its reputation. back to school next month to do something else that pays in dollars and not afterhours equipment availability... that pays for all the overtime hours.

great news! just want to congradulate you on getting out of a business you re not really happy with and wish you all the success in the world!!!

Going to school youwill get the education you deserve, you will salvage your shattered dignity and finally get on with your life. It s good to see people climb out of the past and try to make something of their lives instead of " settling" for less and staying miserable. Once again powerwave good luck and much success and all the gifts that come with it.............Kingjack133

kingjack, banned for 2 weeks. I warned you not to make personal insults towards our members. Veiling insults inside compliments doesn't change the fact that they are insults.

For the record you having an opinion is fine, being unwilling to accept anybody else's opinion and cutting others down for debating your opinion isn't going to be tolerated. You got nothing but respectful disagreement from the people on this thread, and you've responded with malice and insults.

powerwave, you're Galaxee's husband from the PriusChat board aren't you? Welcome to the LOC!

The key for the 2nd generation ES300 has a remote entry button on it which does lock/unlock the doors without the need to insert the key into the lock. So, kingjack133 did have a valid point when he said that the key didn't work after they programmed it.

See I knew the LS had that key, I didnt realize the ES did so I stand corrected.

We still do not know however when the fuse blew and he's too hysterical to rationally communicate to us when this happened. He said "BOOM the door locks didnt work" so I would assume that "BOOM" indicates something along the lines of a fuse blowing.

I will concede that its possible the dealer screwed it up and treated him badly. I've been treated badly by dealers. Its usually a two way street though, and with him coming in here ranting the way he did and the way he set himself up to be let down by the dealer I would assume there's another side to this story.

powerwave, you're Galaxee's husband from the PriusChat board aren't you? Welcome to the LOC!

yes that's half him and half me, galaxee.

on PC i usually act as a translator since most of the folks there are newly interested in how cars work... other places it's pretty much me typing what he says- minus a comment or two.

great news! just want to congradulate you on getting out of a business you re not really happy with and wish you all the success in the world!!!

Going to school youwill get the education you deserve, you will salvage your shattered dignity and finally get on with your life. It s good to see people climb out of the past and try to make something of their lives instead of " settling" for less and staying miserable. Once again powerwave good luck and much success and all the gifts that come with it.............Kingjack133

thank you kindly for the congratulations, kingjack. but i would like to set some things straight on the record here on behalf of my husband.

1. he loved fixing cars until his body couldn't take it anymore. he was very happy as a mechanic, but there were serious trade-offs to working for a dealership.

2. he already was well educated. ASE master, advanced engine performance and undercar expert don't just come with time- they come with hard work and a lot of studying. dealerships send their techs to school frequently.

3. never once did he forget his own personal ethics code. he hasn't brought home a ton of money but he hasn't come home with a guilty conscience either.

As a technician myself, let me tell you this: I didn't build it, buy it, or break it.... but I can fix it.

I can also tell that a key job has nothing to do with those circuits. something surged and too many amps flowed though the circuit. If I were you, I'd be happy the fuse blew and saved all those delicate electronics.

• 2 weeks later...
As a technician myself, let me tell you this: I didn't build it, buy it, or break it.... but I can fix it.

I can also tell that a key job has nothing to do with those circuits. something surged and too many amps flowed though the circuit. If I were you, I'd be happy the fuse blew and saved all those delicate electronics.

I agree and i m happy i haven t had a fuse blow ( i hate the BOOM sound it makes when it does blow) in the last 1600 trouble free miles i ve put on this car in the last week. Other than an airlock in the cooling system this car handled Rocky mountain grades with the ease and poetry in motion that the LEXUS badge evokes. After solving the mystery 92 overheating thing it was nothing but blue skies and shredding up the miles in the style and comfort that we so deserve and i just want to say as a working guy, i almost feel like i don t deserve it and should be in my 64 falcon with no heat and year round snowtires even in Mexico where me and my girl .......ah but thats another story. Finally, i never thought a key job would have so much impact on my life the way this one did, in so many ways and, in the future, after other key jobs i hope that the support and good will of all who contributed their opinions and construed their versions of how i should deal with the dealer people will still be there for me, to support me and offer the intelligent and robust spirited input that i need in order to continue on in my journey to put hundreds of thousands of miles on my pristine beauty es30092. thks all!

Hey, welcome back from LOC purgatory! :cheers:

Purgatory (Lat., "purgare", to make clean, to purify) in accordance with religious teaching is a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions.

You sound like a brand new man, delivered of your sins! :P

Hey, welcome back from LOC purgatory! :cheers:

Purgatory (Lat., "purgare", to make clean, to purify) in accordance with religious teaching is a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions.

You sound like a brand new man, delivered of your sins! :P

Hey Lexucan, I can do 2 weeks of purgatory standing on my head..........i m back pal!LOL

Ditto, I'm glad you haven't had any further problems.

Hey SW03ES, i m glad you re glad.......i m gettin that warm and fuzzy feeling again. Maybe we all learned a little sometin sometin and i m not one to bear any grudges.....its not healthy, so," i ll let you be in my dreams if i can be in yours" -B. Dylan

Ditto, I'm glad you haven't had any further problems.

Hey SW03ES, i m glad you re glad.......i m gettin that warm and fuzzy feeling again. Maybe we all learned a little sometin sometin and i m not one to bear any grudges.....its not healthy, so," i ll let you be in my dreams if i can be in yours" -B. Dylan

Not a big deal, you just have to remember not to make debates or disagreements personal.

Several of the very most respected LOC members were in purgatory when they were new, even a couple times. No hard feeling on our end.

I can also tell that a key job has nothing to do with those circuits.

Tom, I have to ask, why wouldn't a key job on this car have anything to do with the door lock circuits? The 92 ES has a remote button on the key which directly interfaces with the automatic locks. If you download the manual from this site you'll see an entire section on programming this key--it is highly electronic and very much tied into the power lock actuators.

I'm not being sarcastic, I just want to know what your perspective is that one should presume no electronic liability during a "key job" for this vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
I can also tell that a key job has nothing to do with those circuits.

Tom, I have to ask, why wouldn't a key job on this car have anything to do with the door lock circuits? The 92 ES has a remote button on the key which directly interfaces with the automatic locks. If you download the manual from this site you'll see an entire section on programming this key--it is highly electronic and very much tied into the power lock actuators.

I'm not being sarcastic, I just want to know what your perspective is that one should presume no electronic liability during a "key job" for this vehicle.

Programming the remote doesn't involve doing anything electrical to the car. It is simply a manipulation of the ignition key, the door locks, and remote - all normal everyday operations - in a specific sequence to tell the car to recognize the remote. They didn't take any wires loose, didn't connect anything to the car, didn't take any panels apart. The remote sends a car a signal which tells it to unlock the doors. The remote cannot ever cause a fuse to burn out. The fact that the fuse burned out at the dealer was purely coincidental. It could have happened at any time.

• 1 year later...
Took my 2 week old 92 es300 to the dealer to get my new key and have it programmed. I was a little leery at best trusting them for even such a "simple" task but i figured ....cmon....how can they eff me on this? I was nice and said as little as possible and they took it into the shop and began what was a 45 minute job of programming the new key. It was finally ready to go and they gave me the new key.

I thought to just make sure everything worked. BOOM! the power doorlocks were dead.I marched back to the manager and told him. Well wouldn t you know he figured that "maybe" it didn t work before i brought it in as people DO that. I m choked at the semi accusation and told him that everything in my pristine beauty works and its something to do with the new key. Besides why are they suddenly not working on both sides(the passenger too). We went in circles for a while and he asked if i had a lot of time....and they would look at it! He suggested it was mechanical and they would pull the door panel. This was really scaring me! I m leaving on a 1200 mile trip in the morning and don t want them effing anything else up....so i said i ll come back in a week.

Back out to the car, alittle stressed, and do more checking. OK, no domelite,no antenna, no running lights! I m freaked and march back in with semi violent thoughts in my mind, but keep cool and let "henry" know whats up. AND, now i DO have time....get it fixed! There is a lady and she says before it gets crazy it could be a fuse! The mechanic takes the car and tracks me down 15 minutes later saying he is sorry and it WAS a simple fuse. It all works again.! But i ll tell you...that little manager is what *BLEEP*ed me off and very relieved i got the hell out of there and will never use a dealer if i can help it!!!!

YOU JUST CAN T TRUST THEM !!!!!!!

I know what you mean. I had a rear main seal replaced on my 2004 ES330 at a local dealer. When I got it back(a week later) it seemed ok. Several months later the transmission went. Now they want 4000 bucks to replace it. Something is a little fishy here.

What do you think?

Hi. if you drive the car normally and are easy on the tranny and your mileage is still low and you ve had the warranty services.....well i think the tranny should last longer than 5 years. What exactly "went" on the tranny and how common would it be on 2004 es330 s? Do some homework, get some expert advice,possibly here, and see where you can take it......it doesn t sound dealer related though other than they might honor some type of defect repair......but don t hold your breath. Wish you luck.

I agree, if you feel strongly that it is related to the service it would be a good idea to get a professional to look at it. You will need their opinion if you take it to court. Otherwise it is just your word against their's, and they have training.

Before you spend 4k for a rebuilt tranny, I would suggest that you check out a used tranny from Japan. In Japan their emission control laws are so jacked up, that they are forced to replace the entire engine and tranny when the car reaches 50~60k. There are several companies that import these engines, trannys and sell them at dirt cheap prices. I used to wrech professionally, and have installed about a dozen of these with no problems. You can pick up most engines for about $600, trans are a little over half that. If you do not have acess to the tools, or space to change it yourself, most independent garages will install them for you.

I know there is one place in new jersey (not too far from you), if you are interested I could look it up for you. Think about it and let me know, $4k is a lot, you could put a good used one in probably for around $1k,