Nav Justice

elementau

Wow! I just bought a 2008 Tahoe with voice command and Nav system. My 2007 ES' system is light years ahead of GM's. More resolution and more intuitive than the Tahoe's, which is what I'd expect. I'm interested to see how the new Ford Focus' voice command sys is going to perform. It was developed by Microsoft. I still don't think I'd buy a focus because of it, but all of these advancements make the market better. By the way, on the GM nav, it also greys out the buttons while the vehicle is in motion, and you also have to hit the OK button everytime the car starts so I think this is the trend for the future. The closest Nav I've seen that compares (besides aftermarket) is Acura's. My friend's TL is pretty smooth, but the Lex' still has higher resolution.

Wow! I just bought a 2008 Tahoe with voice command and Nav system. My 2007 ES' system is light years ahead of GM's. More resolution and more intuitive than the Tahoe's, which is what I'd expect. I'm interested to see how the new Ford Focus' voice command sys is going to perform. It was developed by Microsoft. I still don't think I'd buy a focus because of it, but all of these advancements make the market better. By the way, on the GM nav, it also greys out the buttons while the vehicle is in motion, and you also have to hit the OK button everytime the car starts so I think this is the trend for the future. The closest Nav I've seen that compares (besides aftermarket) is Acura's. My friend's TL is pretty smooth, but the Lex' still has higher resolution.

Oh, no, did you say by microsoft? That darn thing is probably going to be freezing and crashing like windows : ) I just had my Lexus dealer update my navigation to the 7.1 (for free as a courtesy because I told them I was really annoyed by having to push I agree every time I start the car). Now, with the 7.1 version, there is no more buttons to push, you get a 5 second message and it goes away on its own. I love this thing, and yes, Lexus Nav does have the best resolution there is and it is still the most intuitive, and user friendly Nav system out there.

By the way, on the GM nav, it also greys out the buttons while the vehicle is in motion, and you also have to hit the OK button everytime the car starts so I think this is the trend for the future.

The factory NAV in our 2002 IS300 Sportcross does the same thing. You have to hit the ok button and once you get going over i believe between 5-10 mph it will not let you enter any information into the unit.

By the way, on the GM nav, it also greys out the buttons while the vehicle is in motion, and you also have to hit the OK button everytime the car starts so I think this is the trend for the future.

The factory NAV in our 2002 IS300 Sportcross does the same thing. You have to hit the ok button and once you get going over i believe between 5-10 mph it will not let you enter any information into the unit.

Update to version 7.1, it will take care of that problem of having to hit ok.

Here is a stupid question. How do i do that? I'm sure it has to be taken to a dealer. Do you just walk in and tell them you want to update the NAV software and is it free of charge or does that all depend on where I go???

Here is a stupid question. How do i do that? I'm sure it has to be taken to a dealer. Do you just walk in and tell them you want to update the NAV software and is it free of charge or does that all depend on where I go???

Depends on your dealer. The dvd to update it is about $300. My dealer is great, they constantly do things for their customers as courtesy to keep them happy, so they updated mine for free.

I updated my 2002 RX300 two weeks ago, and I still have to tap "I agree" and I cannot operate the navigation after 3 miles an hour.

I live in West Los Angeles. Maybe I need to drive to Riverside to have my car serviced. I paid $250 for the DVD here on this website from an authorized dealer in Wisconsin who is on this website.

Angie

I updated my 2002 RX300 two weeks ago, and I still have to tap "I agree" and I cannot operate the navigation after 3 miles an hour.

I live in West Los Angeles. Maybe I need to drive to Riverside to have my car serviced. I paid $250 for the DVD here on this website from an authorized dealer in Wisconsin who is on this website.

Angie

Version 7.1 is the latest version, maybe they did not give you the correct one or it did up upgrade correctly. Hit Menu or info (i can't remember which one) and hit"map dvd" on the upper right hand corner of the screen, and it will tell you the version you have installed. Version 7.1 will get rid of the I agree feature. The lockout feature when you drive will still be there, it is there for safety reasons. If you do have the correct dvd, take your car and your dvd to your local dealer and have them do it for you. They will be able to tell if everything with that dvd or installation is correct, or they will fix it for you.

• 3 weeks later...

With all the great features it sure would be nice to be able to use the GPS/Nav while the car is moving. Especially when you have a passenger in the car. When there is enough weight in the passenger seat then it is functional...or something. To pull over every time you need to make a change or find a new location, especially food is a major hassle. I would sign a release and let them change the setting if it was allowed. Speak up and let's be heard. Thank you.

• 4 months later...
With all the great features it sure would be nice to be able to use the GPS/Nav while the car is moving. Especially when you have a passenger in the car. When there is enough weight in the passenger seat then it is functional...or something. To pull over every time you need to make a change or find a new location, especially food is a major hassle. I would sign a release and let them change the setting if it was allowed. Speak up and let's be heard. Thank you.

The 7.1 update will only remove the "I Agree" screen on Generation 5 equipped vehicles, 2007, 2008 and some 2006 models (GS). On the older IS or RX300 mentioned above are Generation 3 systems, thats why the "I Agree" screen did not go away.

The Honda/Acura system is still the most intuitive and easy to use NAVI system in the marketplace AND it allows you to enter info while driving!