98 Es300 Strut Replacement

alaskaty

I've been searching for an hour now and the consensus is KYB GR-2's are the best stock replacement. I'll be getting 18" rims on 225/40/ZR18s so I don't think I'll be lowering it. Some have had good experience with Monroe sensa-tracs also. Well pepboys is having a "day after thanksgiving" sale and Monroes are 30% off and $80 off install. Spend more on the KYBs or go with the Monroes???

I've been searching for an hour now and the consensus is KYB GR-2's are the best stock replacement. I'll be getting 18" rims on 225/40/ZR18s so I don't think I'll be lowering it. Some have had good experience with Monroe sensa-tracs also. Well pepboys is having a "day after thanksgiving" sale and Monroes are 30% off and $80 off install. Spend more on the KYBs or go with the Monroes???

Do the Monroe's ride too rough or are they too soft. I want a soft ride because the thinner sidewall will make it rougher.

Happy t-day! Do a search since I know this has been talked about many times. I had all the threads bookmarks in FF, but lost them.

From what I remember, KYB where in and better. I know that is what I will be using when I need them.

I can't speak for everyone but I've used KYB's on my infiniti and Monroe on my mazda... different cars so its comparing apples to hammers but from what I've read KYB's would be the better bet. Some ebay sellers offer KYB-GR2's at great prices. My gs300 is due for some new shocks so I'm probably going to go for KYB's or maybe Bilstein but I'm still looking for feetback on that setup.

• 1 year later...
the KYB are great, put them on my RX and they ride great.

The 18's will give you somewhat of a harsher ride compared to stock wheels/tires, just because you won't have much cushion betwen the wheel and the road. But like you said, you're not lowering it so the kyb's are fine.