Is Wheels Fit Nice On 1990 Ls 400's

IS400

I tried a friend's IS wheels on my 1990 LS400 after he went the aftermarket route. Since they fit, he let me have them. No problems. Thin shim on fronts and they look stock. Let me know what you think.

Just figured out how to post the pic. Sorry for the delay, I'm a girl and blonde!

Thanks ford212.809. My mom thinks it is a new car with the wheels. It is neat seeing the look on other sedan owners faces when they see the lexus center cap. "Those were stock for LS400's?" I just say yes and keep it up until they figure out they are off an IS300. Guys are so gullible! Later everyone!

I tried a friend's IS wheels on my 1990 LS400 after he went the aftermarket route. Since they fit, he let me have them. No problems. Thin shim on fronts and they look stock. Let me know what you think.

I think they look fantastic...What year IS 300 are they from and what did you use for shims on front....Thanks, Stroker

Thanks for the responses guys.

I believe it was the first or second year of the IS300 from what he said. Don't quote me, but I think all the IS's that looked like speed racer honda accords had the same wheels. 2001 sounds right to me but I am guessing.

When we put on the wheels they fit like magic at first. Snugged up nice with no rubbing. Stock IS300 tires. 17's of course.

After driving around for a while I heard a click once and a while while making slow speed turns. I had racing pads on at the time and thought it was just the pads recentering. Took them off and put on semi metalics and the click was still there once and a while.

My friend was perplexed and just yanked hard on the front wheel once while trying to work it out in his head and I heard a faint click. That was when we got ten stainless steel washers from the hardware store and drilled them out to fit the wheel studs. I put a small dab of anti seize on them where they met the wheel for insurance too.

Torqued them up and never heard the click again. Steering felt a little tighter also. Must be just a small gap because otherwise the wheel would have vibrated if it had been much more.

The rears have never made a sound and I did not feel the need to shim them.

Retorque the nuts after a few days to be safe. I don't want anyone to get hurt from seeing what I did and trying it on their cars.

To me the five spoke really wakes up the lines of the car and keeps me happy driving an older body style.

Thanks Frenchy!

Here in the detroit suburbs I get yelled at all the time for driving a foreign car. Usually fat girls in dodge pick up trucks. It is amazing how many midwest girls cannot put down the fried food and go to the gym.

Love ya! :wub:

post-57639-1195091097_thumb.jpg

Looks real nice.....I fitted my 91 LS400 with 05 SC430 18" rims that I picked up for $500 on ebay.

• 1 month later...

I agree. They look great. Any concerns about increased stress on the bearings in using shims to correct for the offset?