When Is A Good Time To Paint A Car?

IS3_FTW

I am thinking of getting some paint work done to my car. The weather here is getting colder. Just wondering if I should wait til spring to get my car painted, or is it okay to get it painted during any season? How bout body work as well?

Thanks

I am thinking of getting some paint work done to my car. The weather here is getting colder. Just wondering if I should wait til spring to get my car painted, or is it okay to get it painted during any season? How bout body work as well?

Thanks

How much of the car are you repainting? Are you using base/clear? Acrylic?

As for the body work, again it really depends on how much body work we are talking about and how you plan on going about it. Bondo and fiberglas? replacing sheet metal or just rehanging new body panels?

Thanks

When the car leaves the paint shop it is ready to hit the road..................... ;)

Since most aftermarket paint shops don't have multimillion-dollar hermetically-sealed paint rooms like the factories, the best time to paint a vehicle is when the humidity is lowest in your particular neck of the woods. Here in North Carolina, that is typically during mid-autumn (meaning late October through late November). Humidity is an enemy of applying paint. So check your historical weather conditions and go from there. Just be sure to allow the new paint the time it needs to cure a bit before you take it out on the road. Depending on the type of paint utilized, this amount of time can vary widely.

Good luck to you. I always dreaded having to put paint on my vehicles until I found a highly-skilled but very expensive shop in my area that specializes in higher-end vehicles. Haven't had to paint in many years (other than a drop or two of touch-up paint every now and then to take care of stone chips on my wife's RX). Hope this doesn't jinx me now....