2003 Ls430 Ultra Purchased

llexus05

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2003 LS430 Ultra. I know you have opinions on whether I got a deal or not so let's hear 'em.

First, the facts:

2003 LS430

Black/black

90K miles

Ultra Package

Nav, Levinson, Chrome Wheels, reclining massaging and heated rear seats, sunshade, dynamic cruise control, park assist, side airbags. heated/cooled seats

No Accidents, clean title, etc.

Complete main history except NO 90K service completed

Some minor paint scratches but no dings

Rear speakers may or may not be working

Needs tires

Needs brakes

Overall condition I might rate it 8 of 10 for the year and mileage.

Price paid at the Cadillac dealership, $21,250 out the door.

So, what's the verdict?

It sounds to me like you got a good deal! I might be mistaken but I think that 90,000 mile service is very important. You may look into having that taken care of as well... Post some pictures when you get a chance! The Ultra is REALLY nice.. I know it's kind of an older model but as an Ultra, who cares?

I agree...it sounds like a good deal to me! And the 2003 isn't an old model by any stretch. It may look a little dated, but that's okay. You're much better off than having bought a Cadillac at that dealer! ;) Definitely get the 90K service done.

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2003 LS430 Ultra. I know you have opinions on whether I got a deal or not so let's hear 'em.

First, the facts:

2003 LS430

Black/black

90K miles

Ultra Package

Nav, Levinson, Chrome Wheels, reclining massaging and heated rear seats, sunshade, dynamic cruise control, park assist, side airbags. heated/cooled seats

Needs tires

Needs brakes

So, what's the verdict?

Sounds like a great deal for 2003. Do you have any pictures? The next major repair is the timing belt replacement/water pump. I am still driving a 1991 Lexus LS400, over 216K miles. Have fun !

Hello

Do your 90k as soon as possible $6,000.00 if engine breaks, do not push the car until you do. The main thing is to replace the seals and timing belt, water pump, after that you are homefree. Also Engine Oil, Tranny Oil and differential oil are parts of the 90,000 mile inspection. Might want to change sparks also, and check the suspension, which could have worn bushings leaks in the rack also. After that you will run and run and run.

CPR

Looks really good and sounds like a deal to me.

Definitely get the 90k done, you don't want your timing belt to break! Other than that I would remove the dealer sign on the back of the car and enjoy the new car.

you don't want your timing belt to break!

I read somewhere, that the LS430's had timing chains and the belt was only for driving the accessories. Thus, a broken belt would trigger an alternator warning light and maybe the engine fan warning light and not cause the engine to crash due to pistons hitting the valves. Right?

Hey everyone, thank you for your input! Although I miss my 2000 LS400 I really like the 430. I can't say either is better than the other - both are great.

The Lexus dealership just completed a thorough inspection of the car. If you will recall from my first post I was concerned about the brakes, stereo and air suspension. Results:

- Brakes are fine, just some rust on the rotors from sitting on the lot so long.

- Stereo is fine (although I think i liked my nakamichi in the 400 better than this Levinson)

- Air suspension needs the front sensors replaced. $1,000.

That's it. Everthing else is working as expected.

Thanks again for the input!

First, the facts:

2003 LS430

Black/black

90K miles

Ultra Package

Needs tires

Needs brakes

So, what's the verdict?

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I bought an '02 LS430UL in July (Silver, 72K) for $24,000. The condition sounds very similiar to yours. You have a great automobile that you will love for years to come. 90K is nothing for an LS430. Just spend the extra money and follow the recommendation of your Lexus dealer on the service. It will cost you a bit more up front, but in the long run you will be better off.

Are you happy with your Mark Levinson sound system? My subwoofer was rattling and my local Lexus dealer wanted $500 just to replace the sub. I took it to a local high end audio shop and ended up dopping about 10K on what has turned out to be a really awesome upgrade complete with video throughout the car, a new head unit with pop up monitor customly installed where the factory disc changer was behind the woodgrain panel, bluetooth, iPod interface, new nav system, XM radio, back-up camera and TV tuner. The best part is there is no obvious modification to the vehicle and the factory unit still works just like it did with exception of the cd changer ( but since I have an iPod interface to my new unit, I would never use the disc changer). Everything is still factory to the eye. I will post some photos in the near future. I think this turned out really great and I haven't seen anything like it before on an LS430. The sound quality is off the chart. The Mark Levinson sounded great for the average listener (typical grandma/grandpa that usually own these cars), but what I have in this car now would satisfy even the most sphisticated audio enthusiast. I'll post photos soon.

Lexus05,

Congrats on your new purchase! I thought that I would post a reply because I just bought an almost identical LS like you got only yesterday. I ended up getting the black & tan Ultra with 80k for only$22,500. It came from a private owner and I did have to fly from Springfield, MO to Columbus, OH to get it, but it was well worth it. I've got a few thousand miles before my big 90k, so I am curious what yours ends up costing and what all the dealership ends up replacing. Take care and post some pics soon.

Lexus05,

Congrats on your new purchase! I thought that I would post a reply because I just bought an almost identical LS like you got only yesterday. I ended up getting the black & tan Ultra with 80k for only$22,500. It came from a private owner and I did have to fly from Springfield, MO to Columbus, OH to get it, but it was well worth it. I've got a few thousand miles before my big 90k, so I am curious what yours ends up costing and what all the dealership ends up replacing. Take care and post some pics soon.