Radio Needs Code

lht

Hi all,

I have 1992 Lexus 400 LS with 170,000 miles on it, it stills running very strong. I did my own schedule serviced in last 10 years. I have not spends dine at a Lexus dealer yet. Thanks God. My problem is got new battery put in now the radio doesn't wands the old code put in anymore. I try more than 4 times now it lockup. My question is anybody out there know how to cracks this? I don't wand take it to the dealer ask for a reset new code. Please help.

Here my radio info:

VIN # JT8UF11EXN0110852

Part # 86120-50020

Model # KEH-9641ZT/US

Serial # LJ039338

Name # Pioneer Electronic Corp.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have 1992 Lexus 400 LS with 170,000 miles on it, it stills running very strong. I did my own schedule serviced in last 10 years. I have not spends dine at a Lexus dealer yet. Thanks God. My problem is got new battery put in now the radio doesn't wands the old code put in anymore. I try more than 4 times now it lockup. My question is anybody out there know how to cracks this? I don't wand take it to the dealer ask for a reset new code. Please help.

Here my radio info:

VIN # JT8UF11EXN0110852

Part # 86120-50020

Model # KEH-9641ZT/US

Serial # LJ039338

Thanks

I just got a 91 LS and the Pioneer stereo was locked out when I purchased it. The previous owner didn't know the code. I ended up at the dealer. They cleared the code / disabled the anti-theft feature so that there was no code in the system. It cost me $105... I don't plan on re-enabling the security / anti theft feature.

Jim

i read somewhere, you can try the last 3 digits of your VIN, but dont try more than once, the radio would completely lock itself after 3 or 4 failure attemps

I read that somewhere too. The code is 4 digits though so I dismissed it as heresay...

Once the dealer wipes out the existing code, you should be all set even if you disconnect the battery again. There won't be any security enabled on the unit unless you decide to set a new code yourself.

As delivered from the factory, the radio is not protected by a security code. People are free to choose whatever code they want. I think I used part of my birthdate the one time I enabled the security code.

So you buy a Nakamichi on ebay for a 100 bucks to upgrade your Pioneer and you are stuck with a locked out stereo? I just bought a 92 with a stock Pioneer and am afraid to change the battery now as the original owner is dead! How do I know if the security is enabled ?

Thank you all for the information. Because I set the security is disabled.

As delivered from the factory, the radio is not protected by a security code. People are free to choose whatever code they want. I think I used part of my birthdate the one time I enabled the security code.

So you buy a Nakamichi on ebay for a 100 bucks to upgrade your Pioneer and you are stuck with a locked out stereo? I just bought a 92 with a stock Pioneer and am afraid to change the battery now as the original owner is dead! How do I know if the security is enabled ?

Hi all,

Here my radio info:

VIN # JT8UF11EXN0110852

Part # 86120-50020

Model # KEH-9641ZT/US

Serial # LJ039338

Thanks

Factory default security is either the last 4 digits of the key code or the last 4 digits of the vin# You get 10 tries then you will bring it to a dealer.

Factory default security is either the last 4 digits of the key code or the last 4 digits of the vin# You get 10 tries then you will bring it to a dealer.

Did it change after 1990? The radio security code on my 1990 LS400 was not enabled when I purchased the car new in early 1990.

Hi all,

After read your all information, I had no luck. I had to hold down '1+4+6+power button' in order to enter the security code. My question is how you able to enter 4 digits into the radio. My radio only let me enter 3 digits at a time.

Lht

• 7 years later...

I don't have the owners manual handy right now. But I think it says when you turn on the ignition the lcd will say security if a code is set. If not then the feature is disabled. I wonder where the info is how to do what the dealers do?

"when you turn on the ignition the lcd will say security if a code is set." -- The word "SEC" shows up if you previously enabled the security system but you are not able to input the correct code after you re-set the battery, as in my case. "If not then the feature is disabled." -- true, as is now, after the dealership guy (permanently, I guess) disabled it (in minutes).

"where the info is how to do what the dealers do?" -- Of course it is not in the owners manual, or I would have done it long ago, or a car thief could do it and thus defeat the purpose of the system. I guess the info is in the dealership's secret manual! What I mean is, the owners manual tells you how to disable or change the security code, _if_ you have the current code. But if you don't, then you may need to ask the dealership to permanently disable it.