Vsc Falut

I have an 07 IS250 that my daugther was driving the other day; The car stalled out on her on a major route here in NJ the dash board ligths were flashing and the VSC falut appear on the dash informations center. She had to wait about 20 minutes before she was able to start the car. Has anyone out there experienced the same problem. The dealer is tell us that they have not found anything wrong. I am waiting to speak to them, and ask them if the car has any codes stored in the computer.

We have a another problem with the transmission that is not showing any codes in the computer either.

Hi Sidney07, I had a similar problem with my Infiniti once, I lost all power getting on the freeway and every light on the dash was on...Turns out it was a faulty throttle sensor, once they replaced it, I never had any problems again. Sorry it happened to your daughter, it is one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me.

This happened to a friend of mine! She was driving her Catillac CTS-V on the highway going approx. 70 Mph and suddenly the car lost its power with the dash flashing. Cadillac said it was a fault in the computer and the computer was replaced under warranty. She was lucky and narrowly avoided an accident being trapped in the fast lane at the time.

Let us know if Lexus gives you an answer I know I'm curious!

This happened to a friend of mine! She was driving her Catillac CTS-V on the highway going approx. 70 Mph and suddenly the car lost its power with the dash flashing. Cadillac said it was a fault in the computer and the computer was replaced under warranty. She was lucky and narrowly avoided an accident being trapped in the fast lane at the time.

Let us know if Lexus gives you an answer I know I'm curious!

The answer Lexus gave me is that dealer claims there no codes in the computer. I belive him because the transmission in this car sucks; and it does not record any faults when it drops out of gear. He claims that Lexus said they never hear of this problem . My response to him was there is first time for everything. They gave the car back to me and said that if happens again to take a picture with my phone. Great answer since it will probalby die out on the highway. At least Cadillac was able to find the problem and she has On Star to call if she got stuck. The problem I see here is that Lexus has poor diagnostic on there car. I had a car from another manufacture that stalled out on me and the dealer was able to tell me when it stalled out, how fast I was going, and what the outside temperature was.

Yeah...well upon further review, my wife tells me that this HAS happened to her with the IS. She just pulled over, turned the car off, started it, and it was fixed. Yeah, the way you fix lots of stuff on a computer...reboot. She didn't tell me when it happened. But it's never happened since. Go figure.

Should have gotten that Subaru Legacy GT like I told her ;)

• 2 months later...
I have an 07 IS250 that my daugther was driving the other day; The car stalled out on her on a major route here in NJ the dash board ligths were flashing and the VSC falut appear on the dash informations center. She had to wait about 20 minutes before she was able to start the car. Has anyone out there experienced the same problem. The dealer is tell us that they have not found anything wrong. I am waiting to speak to them, and ask them if the car has any codes stored in the computer.

We have a another problem with the transmission that is not showing any codes in the computer either.

I have been having a similar problem. Although, when I started my car to warm it up yesterday it was making a loud humming noise and shaking. I let it warm up and when I got into the car the check VSC light was on and the engine light was flashing. The dealership had it towed and now they told me that the codes are saying that it isn't running on all cylinders and that's it's missing. They are draining the gas from the car and putting new gas in it. I don't understand how the two relate. I bought a Lexus because I was under the impression that I was getting a dependable car, but now it looks like the Lexus brand isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

I have been having a similar problem. Although, when I started my car to warm it up yesterday it was making a loud humming noise and shaking. I let it warm up and when I got into the car the check VSC light was on and the engine light was flashing. The dealership had it towed and now they told me that the codes are saying that it isn't running on all cylinders and that's it's missing. They are draining the gas from the car and putting new gas in it. I don't understand how the two relate. I bought a Lexus because I was under the impression that I was getting a dependable car, but now it looks like the Lexus brand isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

I put the highest grade of gas in my car. The service rep handling my case doesn't believe it's the gas. They are grasping at straws.

Hello:

I believe the problem is either related to sensors, or batteries gone bad. Had the dealer replace the battery. A friend of mine had a car that the check engine light would come up and stalled, the dealer went on to change almost every sensor and even the computer, when they changed the battery all problems were solved.

Do change the battery but buy one outside the dealer, their lot might be a bad one, remember they buy them in lots and mass quatities, it is not uncommon to have a batch of bad parts in industries. In the sensor arena I would look at the mass/airflow sensor, the one near the air filter, have them clean it up, it usually does not give you codes but when they go bad they stall or loose power. You as the owner can disconnect it from the plug, try to start the car without it connected, then if a code comes up even better have it towed to the dealer, and yes reconnedt the plug back to the sensor. Please make sure the brake fluid is in the maximum of the level. After ruling out the VSC the problem should be one electrical as in a bad battery, the one from dealers or factories are usually of inferior quality, they usually go bad within the firsts years of the car. I had one gone bad at a year and one month, exactly 30 days after its warranty expired, a weak battery will cause all sort of light to come up, so can a bad alternator.

CPR

Hello:

I believe the problem is either related to sensors, or batteries gone bad. Had the dealer replace the battery. A friend of mine had a car that the check engine light would come up and stalled, the dealer went on to change almost every sensor and even the computer, when they changed the battery all problems were solved.

Do change the battery but buy one outside the dealer, their lot might be a bad one, remember they buy them in lots and mass quatities, it is not uncommon to have a batch of bad parts in industries. In the sensor arena I would look at the mass/airflow sensor, the one near the air filter, have them clean it up, it usually does not give you codes but when they go bad they stall or loose power. You as the owner can disconnect it from the plug, try to start the car without it connected, then if a code comes up even better have it towed to the dealer, and yes reconnedt the plug back to the sensor. Please make sure the brake fluid is in the maximum of the level. After ruling out the VSC the problem should be one electrical as in a bad battery, the one from dealers or factories are usually of inferior quality, they usually go bad within the firsts years of the car. I had one gone bad at a year and one month, exactly 30 days after its warranty expired, a weak battery will cause all sort of light to come up, so can a bad alternator.

CPR

Thanks for the advice. I'll talk to the service rep that I'm dealing with. I have no complaints with the dealers customer service. They are going above and beyond and I appreciate it. I'm just feeling negative about the quality of the car when it's only 6 months old. This experience doesn't give me confindence in my car's dependablility. Thanks again for the response.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello:

CPR

Thanks for the advice. I'll talk to the service rep that I'm dealing with. I have no complaints with the dealers customer service. They are going above and beyond and I appreciate it. I'm just feeling negative about the quality of the car when it's only 6 months old. This experience doesn't give me confindence in my car's dependablility. Thanks again for the response.

I happened to have the exact same problem for an 06 IS 250. The Check VSC light, Check Engine light also came on. I wanted to see if you are using an aftermarket HID kit. They are trying to blame it on that, please let me know what you find out.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello:

CPR

I happened to have the exact same problem for an 06 IS 250. The Check VSC light, Check Engine light also came on. I wanted to see if you are using an aftermarket HID kit. They are trying to blame it on that, please let me know what you find out.

Hello:

CPR

Hi there! I just logged back on to see if anything new had been reported. Lexus was able to retrieve codes from the computer. They said that my car was not running on all of its cylinders. As I stated they drained the gas and sent me on my way. The rep told me if it happened again just to drive it in and if something broke in the process they would have to fix it since it is under warranty, but they couldn't get it to repeat the occurence so they couldn't fix what they couldn't find. They claimed to have driven it 30 miles but, I got no more than two blocks from the dealership and it made a thump thump noise and shimmied. I didn't go back because I felt like a hypocondriac. It is still shaking, not as bad as when the sensor came on, but it feels like it's missing and could die at any minute. I am so discouraged. I called Lexus and I am still waiting for a response. I would love nothing more than to get my money back and get a toyota or a ford.