Anybody Out There Order Their Is?

Just curious if anybody here has special ordered their car from Lexus and if so, how long did it take to deliver? The Jax Lexus dealer told me around 4 months though it could be as little as 90 days. They charge $2k as a deposit. Anyway, I really want the sport package with obsidian/cashmere, ML, and nav. My research so far has led me to believe that this combo will only be available by special order. I've also been told you can only special order 08's now. Anyway, any info or opinions would be appreciated!

i actually just special ordered my 08 IS250 RWD manual today, because i watned the navigation, and i have to wait about 3 to 4 months for it but honestly i think its worth it. Its going to be a car your goin to be driving for a while so its best to have the car the way you like it. 3 - 4 months wait isnt too bad since your going to be driving this car for at least a few years. by the way im wondering how much are you paying for the car? wondering did i get a good deal for my IS

Right, sport package is not something Florida dealers order...

I wanted that on my IS350 and settled for the normal stuff... due to color I had to wait six weeks as i wanted Starfire Pearl with premium package (almost std on all IS sold in Florida).

Sport pkg would have required 3 to 5 months depending on timing...

And I ordered it from the largest volume dealer in the US...

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Georgia and special ordered mine. I talked to the Internet Sales Manager (Heather Garner) at Nalley Lexus in Marietta. She was pretty much the only person in Atlanta (with our 6+ dealerships) that was willing to go out of her way to special order it and give me a good deal on it.

I got the '07 Lexus IS 250 with Premium Package/Navigation/and Mark Levinson in Smokey Granite Mica with Grey interior. I absolutely love it. I ordered it back in late November of last year and got it in Mid-March. It was indeed a long wait but the way it works is they put in an order monthly and it takes about 3 months to produce and about two weeks to ship. I initially didn't get the rear-spoiler, but had the dealer add it on when it arrived.

They did ask for like $2,000 down, but I used a credit card and it never showed up as a charge...

My experience with Heather was awesome and I highly recommend her.

Ohio to Georgia... dealers won't like that. Or else they will make you pay for the transfer.

Are you sure there isn't one in Florida? FL does a lot of volume you would think they would have your combo

It's either a few hundred dollars to truck it, or a plane ticket to fly there and get it. Unless Hunter Ford's tip comes through, you probably end up ahead by getting a better deal buying a car on the Ohio lot (as compared to the special order price your local dealer will quote you), even factoring in the shipping (the dealer isn't just going to eat the shipping charge). Of course, if you are going to pay to have it trucked, you may even check the So Cal dealers, where IS 250 deals tend to be BELOW dealer invoice prices.

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious if anybody here has special ordered their car from Lexus and if so, how long did it take to deliver? The Jax Lexus dealer told me around 4 months though it could be as little as 90 days. They charge $2k as a deposit. Anyway, I really want the sport package with obsidian/cashmere, ML, and nav. My research so far has led me to believe that this combo will only be available by special order. I've also been told you can only special order 08's now. Anyway, any info or opinions would be appreciated!

I would not do it again, my dealer told me 6-8 weeks, and after 10 weeks my car was not even on the build list, which ment it was at least 8 more weeks out, plus shipping... I finally gave up and canceled my special and picked one that was on a ship headed for the US, it still took almost 3 more weeks to show. On the plus side they took a check for 2K from me but never cashed it. Good luck.