Is Pet Peeves

After a few months, I have a few pet peeves with my IS250. Anyone notice...

1. you can't easily reach the window controls with your arm on the armrest? The door handle prevents you from reaching forward with your fingers.

2. when on cruise control, the damn thing constantly shifts up/down/up/down.. when on a grade?

3. getting the ignition "on" without starting the car usually equates to starting the car.

4. the nav not working when there's a passenger. The car senses a passenger, (and dings annoyingly for seat belts) why doesn't the flippin nav work when there's a passenger????

5. The friggin ding.... ding.... ding... BLANG BLANG BLANG for seat belts. I'M NOT FRIGGIN STUPID LEXUS. (just lazy <_< )

1. you can't easily reach the window controls with your arm on the armrest? The door handle prevents you from reaching forward with your fingers.

2. when on cruise control, the damn thing constantly shifts up/down/up/down.. when on a grade?

3. getting the ignition "on" without starting the car usually equates to starting the car.

4. the nav not working when there's a passenger. The car senses a passenger, (and dings annoyingly for seat belts) why doesn't the flippin nav work when there's a passenger????

5. The friggin ding.... ding.... ding... BLANG BLANG BLANG for seat belts. I'M NOT FRIGGIN STUPID LEXUS. (just lazy <_< )

I would call #4 a major defect covered by warranty, not a "pet peeve".

1. you must have a short arm or something.. i have no problem with this

2. don't notice this

3. don't press on the break, it doesn't start the engine but turns it on

4. this makes no sense, something wrong with your nav or ur not explaining it right

5. put the damn seat belt on, it's the law and can get u a ticket.. u'll be thankful then lol

2. don't notice this

4. this makes no sense, something wrong with your nav or ur not explaining it right

5. put the damn seat belt on, it's the law and can get u a ticket.. u'll be thankful then lol

1. In an 07, the inside door handle is in the way of your arm and wrist being straight to hit the windows. You have to angle your wrist to reach them. Not impossible task, just an annoyance.

3. Try and activate your sunroof after you shut off your car. You'll see what I mean.

4. What I'm saying is that while I understand they don't want the DRIVER messing with the NAV while driving, why can't the passenger?? The car already has sensors in it, sensing a passenger. It should "disarm" the NAV lockout.

5. Ever frequent a drive thru? You take your seat belt off to get your wallet, why do I need a seat belt to pull forward, pay window one, get my food at window two.. etc. The Lexus GS430 we traded in on this just gave you one ding/ding. That's it. Not BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

5. Ever frequent a drive thru? You take your seat belt off to get your wallet, why do I need a seat belt to pull forward, pay window one, get my food at window two.. etc. The Lexus GS430 we traded in on this just gave you one ding/ding. That's it. Not BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

This can be turned off. :)

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...eatbelt+warning

2. don't notice this

1. In an 07, the inside door handle is in the way of your arm and wrist being straight to hit the windows. You have to angle your wrist to reach them. Not impossible task, just an annoyance.

3. Try and activate your sunroof after you shut off your car. You'll see what I mean.

4. What I'm saying is that while I understand they don't want the DRIVER messing with the NAV while driving, why can't the passenger?? The car already has sensors in it, sensing a passenger. It should "disarm" the NAV lockout.

1. You've got some reading up to do.

2. You've got some growing up to do.

The windows controls are just fine, I have a minor issue with the placement of lumbar support and seat adjustment switches but then again, I rarely ever touch them once they're set.

Cruise control - depends on your speed. The car wants to be in the right gear for the speed it's in, nothing wrong with that.

Ignition - Take your foot off the break, press start, press start again. It's just like a regular ignition switch - it has 3 stages. Putting your foot on the brake simply takes you directly to the 3rd (ig-on). PS - Your car conveniently comes equipped with a user manual, use it!

Nav - Even though you explained it like a child, I suspect many people understood what you were getting at. There's no way around it, it's a safety feature. Even with a passenger on board, how are they supposed to know who's reaching over and using the locked out features? This is something you could take up with Toyota's legal dept.

Seatbelt - takes 30 secs of reading and 30 secs of doing to turn it off.

:whistles:

With regard to the armrest - Putting my elbow on the narrow door ledge is very uncomforatable. I actually bought an armrest. It helps a little but my arm is too high. Lexus needs to rethink the left side armrest.

Seatbelt - get a free seatbelt extender from lexus. It solves the problem of sitting on the seat belt plug whilst trying to fasten it and the totally annoying ding.

I see lots of complaints about people wanting to work the nav while driving. Folks did you ever stop to think there is a reason for that. Flame me all you want but I think you all need to pull over and take care of business and tend to driving while the vehicle is in motion. Working the nav is not that different from texting while driving if you think about it. I saw one of those investigative tv shows that said texting while driving is more dangerous than being drunk.

Yes I know the originator of this thread was remarking about the passenger working the nav. I just wanted to get my 2 cents in. :wacko:

I would call #4 a major defect covered by warranty, not a "pet peeve".

I guess with all of the "nav hack" threads, I should have know that "not working" meant "working fine." Didn't you read all of the forums before you bought the car? This can't really come as a surprise? I'm actually pleasantly surprised--I thought with all these hacks, and people dismantling their dash, that the screen froze while you drove, and you couldn't do anything. How often do you really need to input an address while driving? Take 2 minutes and do it before you go. Personally, I'm nore concerned that the Audio screen won't give my my "Message" about the station/song playing while driving.

With regard to the armrest - Putting my elbow on the narrow door ledge is very uncomforatable. I actually bought an armrest. It helps a little but my arm is too high. Lexus needs to rethink the left side armrest.

Seatbelt - get a free seatbelt extender from lexus. It solves the problem of sitting on the seat belt plug whilst trying to fasten it and the totally annoying ding.

I see lots of complaints about people wanting to work the nav while driving. Folks did you ever stop to think there is a reason for that. Flame me all you want but I think you all need to pull over and take care of business and tend to driving while the vehicle is in motion. Working the nav is not that different from texting while driving if you think about it. I saw one of those investigative tv shows that said texting while driving is more dangerous than being drunk.

Yes I know the originator of this thread was remarking about the passenger working the nav. I just wanted to get my 2 cents in. :wacko:

I test drove an Infinit G35 6MT this weekend, with nav. All you did was press a button on the steering wheel, and everything else is voice-activated. No stopping, and no having to look at the screen and press buttons. If Toyota could do this, I'd be using this nav like crazy..........I always forget, if I need it, to set it up before driving......