Least Liked Lexus Models

Meshblorg

I love Lexus but there are some cars it has made that I disapprove of. I feel they are a great shame to the Lexus name. Here's my rant.

Lexus IS300 = I really don't like the ricer taillights on this. The taillights look after market and the car as a whole just looks cheap.

---

Lexus IS250 = !Removed! version of the IS350. It's like Lexus went back in time with this one having smaller, weaker engine than the last gen. It's the kind of car that's undeserving on the Lexus (L) just like the C-class of Mercedes-benz is undeserving on the Mercedes-benz Emblem.

---

Lexus SC430 = For its enormous price (65-67k) it is not worth the money. The car is heavy and its power is not up to par. A 4.3L engine making only 278-288 horsepower is pretty pathetic for a modern luxury sports coupe in its price range. A car with a similar front body shape, the Infiniti G35 sports coupe, is lighter and has more horsepower (293hp) for a price of only 35k!

Comparing the SC430 to the BMW M3 (costs around 50-57k) and it really under performs. The M3 has 333hp and costs 10k less! You know a sports coupe sucks if it costs more than a German car and has less power.

It may be a nice ride to drive in, but for the price, there are better alternatives.

---

What Lexus models do you not like?

I too don't like the IS300. I think it's just an over-priced corolla... The interior looks that of a pontiac; just not Lexus material. Lexus shouldn't have "sport" cars, it's like a Kia making a luxury car...

lol while i do own an IS300, i have to agree the interior is cheap. However, the ricer lights...lol i got the car when i was 22ish so it kinda fit. Anyways, i regret having bought it and agree its not up to part with lexus vehicles now.

the SC430 is also one i disaprove as well, however, its been the longest running lexus model for a while now, and it will have a redesign my guess next year. It will have the new 4.6 liter and you can expect to see l-finesse styling and 380+ horses.

i also dislike the land cruiser, oops, i mean the LX470.

i have to disagree about the IS250. Sure its the "!Removed!" version, but if they didnt have that, then everyone would be buying the IS350 and not everyone needs that power. Also gives them a good reason to make it AWD.

lol while i do own an IS300, i have to agree the interior is cheap. However, the ricer lights...lol i got the car when i was 22ish so it kinda fit. Anyways, i regret having bought it and agree its not up to part with lexus vehicles now.

the SC430 is also one i disaprove as well, however, its been the longest running lexus model for a while now, and it will have a redesign my guess next year. It will have the new 4.6 liter and you can expect to see l-finesse styling and 380+ horses.

i also dislike the land cruiser, oops, i mean the LX470.

i have to disagree about the IS250. Sure its the "!Removed!" version, but if they didnt have that, then everyone would be buying the IS350 and not everyone needs that power. Also gives them a good reason to make it AWD.

I don't want everyone to have a Lexus. In fact I want less people to have them. People who drive the low end models of Luxury cars usually do so just for the name. A BMW 325 is barely a BMW. An IS250 is barely a Lexus. A C-class Mercedes-Benz is a garbage chrystler. They just want to be able to say they drive a beamer or a lexus when in reality they got the poor man's versions.

You can't be proud and think you got a luxury vehicle driving around a Lexus with a 2.5L engine. What is this 1990 again and they're making the ES250? Many people were upset when Mercedes-Benz bought daimer-chrystler. They were upset because it then made the brand more affordable and it lost much of its exclusiveness.

IS250 is garbage and is just something for rich fathers to buy their daughters, just like the BMW 3 series and the C-class Mercedes-Benz. That way the spoiled girls can drive around town with their friends thinking they're hot *BLEEP*.

Early-model RX300. Read my old posts and you'll understand why. So many design flaws and major, expensive problems that are well-known and well-documented on this site and others like it. Worst excuse for a vehicle we've ever owned....

Early-model RX300. Read my old posts and you'll understand why. So many design flaws and major, expensive problems that are well-known and well-documented on this site and others like it. Worst excuse for a vehicle we've ever owned....

lets not generalize. I had a 1999 RX300 and it was the best vehicle i had until now. It was my first lexus car and i have now bought 2 more because of that one. I had none of those known problems, and i had the AWD version too. No tranny issues, not sludge. I think the reason why so many people had those problems were because you guys didnt follow the service intervals like i did, clockwork style. It may be a rip, but i never had any problems and i went in every 5K miles.

LOL, those of you who know me know whats coming. This kid needs the SW0 treatment some kinda bad...

Lexus IS250 = !Removed! version of the IS350. It's like Lexus went back in time with this one having smaller, weaker engine than the last gen. It's the kind of car that's undeserving on the Lexus (L) just like the C-class of Mercedes-benz is undeserving on the Mercedes-benz Emblem.

Why does the IS250 simply having a smaller engine somehow make it un-deserving of the "Lexus" name? The IS250 has a couple very enticing features the 350 does not, mainly a manual gearbox and AWD.

Remember these companies are in business to make money, they make more money of the IS than they do the LS. You have to have cars like the IS so you can sell cars like the LS, otherwise your business is not profitable.

Lexus SC430 = For its enormous price (65-67k) it is not worth the money. The car is heavy and its power is not up to par. A 4.3L engine making only 278-288 horsepower is pretty pathetic for a modern luxury sports coupe in its price range. A car with a similar front body shape, the Infiniti G35 sports coupe, is lighter and has more horsepower (293hp) for a price of only 35k!

Comparing the SC430 to the BMW M3 (costs around 50-57k) and it really under performs. The M3 has 333hp and costs 10k less! You know a sports coupe sucks if it costs more than a German car and has less power.

This quote shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how particular models fit and appeal to particular buyers.

Comparing the SC430 to an M3 is as ignorant as comparing a Ford Explorer to a Lotus Elise. Same price right? The M3 and the SC430 are COMPLETELY different vehicles and cater to a COMPLETELY different buyer. The SC430 is not about speed, its a comfortable stylish cruiser. Compare it to the BMW 6 series and the Mercedes CL if anything. Its a lot cheaper than those cars, and caters to a similar buyer.

I for instance would never consider buying an M3, I would however drive an SC430. So for me, the M3 really under performs doesn't it?

Part of understanding cars and being a car enthusiast is understanding that not every buyer looks for the things in a car that you do.

IS250 is garbage and is just something for rich fathers to buy their daughters, just like the BMW 3 series and the C-class Mercedes-Benz. That way the spoiled girls can drive around town with their friends thinking they're hot *BLEEP*.

You do realize the 3 series is one of the world's most respected sport sedans and is widely heralded as being one of the best handling and driving passenger cars on the road today right? Have you ever driven one, or any of these vehicles you're talking about here or are you just making this all up?

Many people were upset when Mercedes-Benz bought daimer-chrystler.

Its "Daimler-Chrysler" and Mercedes did not buy "Daimler Chrysler", Mercedes is a brand owned by a company called "Daimler-Benz AG". They bought Chrysler Corporation in 2000 creating a company called "Daimler-Chrysler". They recently sold Chrysler at a huge loss to a private holdings firm, when that goes through the company that owns the brand "Mercedes-Benz" will be called "Daimler AG"

I think you need a little bit of an ego deflation so here we go.

These are BIG words from someone who'se driving a rapidly approaching 20 year old Lexus car you got as a hand-me-down from your Daddy. Your car is so old that it can almost vote! What in the world makes you think you are in any position to look down on someone driving a $35,000 IS250? You could buy 7 or 8 1990 LS400s for what an IS250 costs. Talk about the poor man's version! You didn't even pay for yours, Dad got tired of it and threw you the keys. An authority on luxury automobiles you aren't. When you can buy one of these cars, or at least when you've ever driven or at least sat in any of these cars, or at the very least when you can spell their names and know what companies own them, come back and talk to us. Be happy though, in 3 short years you can get a "Historic" tag for your LS! No more emission testing! Woo-hoo!

If anybody is thinking having something with a badge makes them hot, its you. So, stop ragging on other people's cars and concentrate on yourself.

I've been around, just really busy. I'm in the middle of a real estate investment and its consuming a lot of my time.

I don't think its harsh at all. Our members work hard to be able to afford these cars, and they are very proud of them. This kid's running around calling them "garbage" just because their engine is slightly smaller than some minimum level he deems appropriate for a "luxury" car is extremely offensive. If he wants to be offensive, I will be offensive too. Had he simply said he did not like the car I would never have responded in this way, but he went out of his way to be as offensive to IS250 owners as he could possibly be. He called it "!Removed!", "undeserving", "shameful", and "garbage". I would have been completely within my rights to ban him from the club for posting such rude and offensive comments that were sure to start a flamewar.

The fact that he drives a 17 year old LS that was handed to him by his father AND he still calls other members' cars garbage is simply amusing to me. The IS250 is garbage and I wonder if his ancient LS is still water-tight. It might be older than him!

LOL, those of you who know me know whats coming. This kid needs the SW0 treatment some kinda bad...

Why does the IS250 simply having a smaller engine somehow make it un-deserving of the "Lexus" name? The IS250 has a couple very enticing features the 350 does not, mainly a manual gearbox and AWD.

Remember these companies are in business to make money, they make more money of the IS than they do the LS. You have to have cars like the IS so you can sell cars like the LS, otherwise your business is not profitable.

This quote shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how particular models fit and appeal to particular buyers.

Comparing the SC430 to an M3 is as ignorant as comparing a Ford Explorer to a Lotus Elise. Same price right? The M3 and the SC430 are COMPLETELY different vehicles and cater to a COMPLETELY different buyer. The SC430 is not about speed, its a comfortable stylish cruiser. Compare it to the BMW 6 series and the Mercedes CL if anything. Its a lot cheaper than those cars, and caters to a similar buyer.

I for instance would never consider buying an M3, I would however drive an SC430. So for me, the M3 really under performs doesn't it?

Part of understanding cars and being a car enthusiast is understanding that not every buyer looks for the things in a car that you do.

You do realize the 3 series is one of the world's most respected sport sedans and is widely heralded as being one of the best handling and driving passenger cars on the road today right? Have you ever driven one, or any of these vehicles you're talking about here or are you just making this all up?

Many people were upset when Mercedes-Benz bought daimer-chrystler.

Its "Daimler-Chrysler" and Mercedes did not buy "Daimler Chrysler", Mercedes is a brand owned by a company called "Daimler-Benz AG". They bought Chrysler Corporation in 2000 creating a company called "Daimler-Chrysler". They recently sold Chrysler at a huge loss to a private holdings firm, when that goes through the company that owns the brand "Mercedes-Benz" will be called "Daimler AG"

I think you need a little bit of an ego deflation so here we go.

These are BIG words from someone who'se driving a rapidly approaching 20 year old Lexus car you got as a hand-me-down from your Daddy. Your car is so old that it can almost vote! What in the world makes you think you are in any position to look down on someone driving a $35,000 IS250? You could buy 7 or 8 1990 LS400s for what an IS250 costs. Talk about the poor man's version! You didn't even pay for yours, Dad got tired of it and threw you the keys. An authority on luxury automobiles you aren't. When you can buy one of these cars, or at least when you've ever driven or at least sat in any of these cars, or at the very least when you can spell their names and know what companies own them, come back and talk to us. Be happy though, in 3 short years you can get a "Historic" tag for your LS! No more emission testing! Woo-hoo!

If anybody is thinking having something with a badge makes them hot, its you. So, stop ragging on other people's cars and concentrate on yourself.

Well I never stated my opinion as fact. No need to get all butt hurt because I hurt your feelings. I was pretty clear when I said that its my opinion that these cars suck. You don't have to take it personally.

Well I never stated my opinion as fact. No need to get all butt hurt because I hurt your feelings. I was pretty clear when I said that its my opinion that these cars suck. You don't have to take it personally.

You didn't hurt my feelings, I don't have an IS250 or an SC430.

You have a right to express your opinion, but you do not have the right to be rude, insulting, vulgar, or to post your opinions in such a way as to draw people out into a flame war which you did all of here. If you can't see how intolerably rude you were being to your fellow members, then there's something wrong with your upbringing we can't do anything about. Other members here agreed with you, wonder why you're the one I'm talking to?

You can express opinions without being offensive to those with whom you disagree. Express all the opinions you want, but express them in a way that is respectful to everyone else here.

Post another post like that and I will ban you from the site. This is your warning.

In case you honestly don't understand the difference between something that is offensive and something that is not, I'll give you some examples:

I don't care for the IS250, I think that its underpowered and I can't understand why Lexus made it
The IS250 is garbage, its crap given to girls from rich daddys who want to think they're cool

One of them is a fair, mature, opinion. The other is offensive childish nonsense. You figure it out.

Sorry RX330Driver, but you're wrong about most RX300 owners with the known problems not servicing their vehicles properly and on schedule. I'll bet that I mechanically maintain all of our vehicles better than yours are maintained at your dealership, yet my wife's RX300 suffered from most if not all of the well-known major flaws. Based on my experiences with it, I have a right to blast the vehicle. Yet I'm glad that yours performed much better for you than hers did for us.

Keep in mind that no routine maintenance will ever correct design flaws. And this vehicle had plenty of them even if you take the transmission issue and oil gelling issue out of the equation. Exhaust manifold tends to crack, oxygen sensors tend to fail, original rear main oil seal was poorly designed and of inferior material, original strut mount rubber bushings were improperly designed, etc. etc. etc. Very expensive fixes if you have to pay for them....

If you would read posts more thoroughly you would already know why we still have a Lexus in the family. It is my wife's vehicle, not mine. She wanted it, not me. She bought it with her money, not mine. But I have to maintain it....

But as I've said before, the RX330 is a better all-around vehicle than the early-model RX300s. I don't have any serious complaints yet with the RX330 (other than there are many better SUV choices out there that my wife could have made!). But it's her choice and her money....

Glad I could be of service ;)

Alright I'll make sure to be politically correct and not express true opinions for the sake of the many well-respected board users here who happen to drive the cars I abhore. I understand now how things work around here.

No, its called be respectful of your fellow members. Don't trash what other people have just because it doesn't suit your needs or you don't personally care for it. Don't use descriptors like "sucks", "garbage", or call owners of models "pussies". Express your opinions in such a way as to not be offensive or hurtful towards others.

Its called, pretend you're an adult and that you've been raised with some notion of respect for your peers.

I think this thread has run its course, closed.