Blind Spot Problems?

I wasn't used to it at first due to the large pillars on the back but again, it was a problem only while reversing for me. However the nav-camera while reversing makes it easy. I almost never turn back (getting into a bad habbit perhaps?).

• 3 weeks later...

At first, the driver's door pillar seemed to be right in the way when merging into traffic from an on-ramp. I forced someone over the second day that I had it. After that it was just a matter of being more careful and bending forward a bit to use the rear view mirrors and looking around that pillar.

At first, the driver's door pillar seemed to be right in the way when merging into traffic from an on-ramp. I forced someone over the second day that I had it. After that it was just a matter of being more careful and bending forward a bit to use the rear view mirrors and looking around that pillar.

I have different problem on this issue:

The right side mirror shows the image in "zoom out"

scale.(which is very DANGEROUS to figure out how far is approching car on right side) .

For me, since "rear mirror" shows in scale 1:1

I fill very confusing when I'm checking cars approching on right side.

Of course you can tell me "turn your head and watch yourself on rear" but

what for car has those two mirrors showing in different scale?

Regards, Oleg

The drivers side B-Pillar.... very small space between the headreast & the pillar (I'm 5'0 tall, so my seat is probably more forward than everyone else in here). I just have to lean forward a bit more & am very carefull when getting onto the highway or changing lanes. Plus the conbination of my thick framed sunglasses with the pillar doesn't help.... but I'm not going to stop wearing them! B)

I have a 2007 RX350 and was uncormfortable with the B-pillar blind spot. I looked at may solutions and finally ordered a set of Multivex mirrors. The part numbers for the RX350 are 35077RH and 35078LH. You can see the product at xxx.multivexmirror.com

I was extremely impressed in their performance. I have much better command of the vehicles around me, expecially on the freeways in metropolitan areas. It might be worth your while to look into this product.

i might miss a pedestrian walking but that happens rarely and i usually stop in time.

Usually? So how many pedestrians have you hit? ;)

LOL. Funny everyone's complaining about the blindspot on the RX (and I will totally AGREE with all of you) but (i havent driven it though) I noticed in my friend's FX, there's absolutely NOTHING you can see when you look back! Same with the FJ Cruiser when I sat in them a few times, absolutely WORSE!

But it would be great when they someday install those blindspot cameras like they're planning to on the new LX570. :cheers: :cheers: