Interior Detailing

Use Hide Food for the leather... it works great for me. Get it at a Jaguar, Land Rover or Bently dealership.

A couple of people use cocoa butter, and they swear by it. I don't use it though, since I already have the hide food.

If you want to clean the leather (hide food is a conditioner, really) then you can use a product called Lexol. I have also heard of using 3 parts water with 1 part woolite as a cheap substitute.

Hope that helps.

SK,

In the amount of time it took for you to type that, you could have listed a few products. If the question is repetitive, then simply do not reply. Telling people to just do a search is annoying...like this is the lazy-man Lexus site. Besides, its not like there is THAT much traffic on this board for people to deal with.

he was just suggesting that this subject has been covered several times! the amount of time it would take you to do a search is alot faster then someone could reply to you since theres not always mods on these boards.but now that im replying heres what i would use,

lexol is great.never tried the woolite but i heard it works.theres also a few others.to conditon i use coco butter and or lexol.also tried mequiers gold class rich leather conditoner and that worked good too.

thanks bbsal

i am sorry you feel there is not that much traffic

but to me checking this site 3 times a day takes about 3 hours

with about 200 posts it takes a long time,which is what i do on this site

the reason to look at other threads is only because there is alot of really good info

not all the members are always on to answer yours or anyones specific question

but at one point many already did

so you would gain more

by doing a search, not me

as you would get more than my ideas

which is all they are,my ideas

don't let the other people who have invested the time to answer a question previously seem wasted

because you didn't scroll down the topic page

nothing more nothing less

:)

Chill out guys ;)

Whatever the traffic, when joining a new community it is important to read and adhere to the rules and guidelines. We dont have many, basically its don't threaten to kill each other, try and post in the right forum, and use the search feature first to gather all information you can before posting. Sk wasn't being rude, its just for those of us that are here a lot, repeating the same information can be very irritating. This will be the 8th or 9th thread on this topic in about 2 months.

I'm going to move this to the Detailing forum. Posting for detailing questions for all models belong in there. Easy mistake though ;)

I use the Woolite solution to clean the dashboard and the seats, 6:1 dillution (not 3:1 that would be way too strong) works as well as or better than Lexol and its a lot cheaper. To condition I use Zymol creme, but Hide Food is a great product, I haven't had the time to try the Coco Butter.

If you want to put a protectant on the dash and such I reccomend 303 Aerospace Protectant, stay away from Armor All.

If you run a search for all of these products and "Interior Detailing" you'll get a lot of supplemental information, personal experiences, and the like.

SK,

In the amount of time it took for you to type that, you could have listed a few products.  If the question is repetitive, then simply do not reply.  Telling people to just do a search is annoying...like this is the lazy-man Lexus site.  Besides, its not like there is THAT much traffic on this board for people to deal with.

:angry:

thanks bbsal

i am sorry you feel there is not that much traffic

but to me checking this site 3 times a day takes about 3 hours

with about 200 posts it takes a long time,which is what i do on this site

the reason to look at other threads is only because there is alot of really good info

not all the members are always on to answer yours or anyones specific question

but at one point many already did

so you would gain more

by doing a search, not me

as you would get more than my ideas

which is all they are,my ideas

don't let the other people who have invested the time to answer a question previously seem wasted

because you didn't scroll down the topic page

nothing more nothing less

:)

no problem. :D