Replaced Struts [kyb] - Not Very Happy

I had all 4 struts on my '94 ES 300 [170K miles] replaced today. Cost me around $800 including labor. Wonder how this figures with you guys?

I'm not at all happy with the new gas KYB's. [Part # 334131 /32 front and 334176 / 77 back, I think] The ride seemed a bit too jumpy and the shocks are a bit hard. I miss that sweet smooth ride of my Lexus on the really beaten old struts. The old ones did a "thunk" on sharp bumps but mannnn...that was a cushy soft ride otherwise. The new ones seem to react to every little bump and has me jumpy inside.

Is there something I can have my mechanic do to get that old cushy soft ride of my Lexus again? :unsure:

Make sure all the other parts like bushings are in good condition.

KYB and oem are the same shock.

Well...I took my mechanic's word that nothing else needed to be replaced.

Is there a "setting" or an "adjustment" which can be done on these KYB's ?

• 3 years later...

I had all 4 struts on my '94 ES 300 [170K miles] replaced today. Cost me around $800 including labor. Wonder how this figures with you guys?

I'm not at all happy with the new gas KYB's. [Part # 334131 /32 front and 334176 / 77 back, I think] The ride seemed a bit too jumpy and the shocks are a bit hard. I miss that sweet smooth ride of my Lexus on the really beaten old struts. The old ones did a "thunk" on sharp bumps but mannnn...that was a cushy soft ride otherwise. The new ones seem to react to every little bump and has me jumpy inside.

Is there something I can have my mechanic do to get that old cushy soft ride of my Lexus again? :unsure:

I have the same question... about my 2010 RX350....

LOVED my 2006....

not loving this 2010....

VERY hard lumpy seats...

ride is so jumpy bumpy...

Im going to call for service to see if there are any options...

• 2 months later...

I did the same thing with my 99 es300 and regret it. KYB are to harsh for this car.

I did the same thing with my 99 es300 and regret it. KYB are to harsh for this car.

I used monroe and the ride is exactly the same.

http://shop.advancea...5495-_-10720525

Heres the link to my thread where i replaced them myself: