She's Up For Sale

nc211

Got her listed in the FS section. Car is in perfect shape now, being inspected by the dealership now "160 point thing for $100 bucks". If anything comes back as wrong, I'll fix it, within reason. But, it's time to move on. I need a bit more hauling capacity, or at least fold down rear seats. Plus, need something my wife feels comfortable driving too, just a pain to have two cars of which only one she can handle. I'm suprised she hasn't taken out mailboxes yet with mine. The car is perfect. I want a 01+ BMW 3 series wagon.

She's also on cars.com

I'm surprised that you're selling NC in light of your love for the LS. In any event, I hope that you'll contiume to particpate here

Got her listed in the FS section. Car is in perfect shape now, being inspected by the dealership now "160 point thing for $100 bucks". If anything comes back as wrong, I'll fix it, within reason. But, it's time to move on. I need a bit more hauling capacity, or at least fold down rear seats. Plus, need something my wife feels comfortable driving too, just a pain to have two cars of which only one she can handle. I'm suprised she hasn't taken out mailboxes yet with mine. The car is perfect. I want a 01+ BMW 3 series wagon.

She's also on cars.com

This is a sad sad day!!!! Nahh, just kidding, eventho yes, I am surprised as well that you're selling, given your declared love for the LS. By the way, isn;t a 3 series wagon about the same size as a IS300 wagon? Just food for toughts, anyway, wish you luck and hopefully you'll enjoy your next car way more. Will you still show up here and there? :cheers:

I'd rather have a 3 series instead of an IS of that generation too.

What a shame! Oh well, gotta make the choices that are right for you. Promise you'll stick around here!

I'm surprised that you're selling NC in light of your love for the LS. In any event, I hope that you'll contiume to particpate here

GK:

Worry not, he'll be back before he knows it.........................Remember, he's buying a beemer!

Har!, Har!, Har!...............

:cheers:

Rob:

Nice to be loved, Huh? You're gettin' kicked before you're even down..........

Do beemers even have disc brakes?.................

Sure you don't want to re-think this?........... :whistles:

I know, I'm making one heck of a compelling argument, huh?

Just wanted to add that your liberal friend from Nevada hopes you stay in the forum.. I'd buy your Lexus in a heartbeat, but the color is not good for the desert, plus I'd have to drive it 2,500 miles to get it home.

Hope you like the picture. Everyone and everything loved Bill. Except the Hill?....

Oh I'll still be around here, got too much knowledge to pass along to the newbies. And this is one of the best forums out there! I did lower the price down to $9,200. However, if you scan my area, you'll see I"m priced in the lower half, espeically for the miles. There arent' that many for sale around here, maybe 15 in a 300 mile radius. And most are either in the 20's with sub 80k miles, or in the mid teens with 80k-100k miles, and then in the $8,000 to $10,000 range no matter what the mileage is. There are a few with nearly 300k miles for the $7k mark, so I think a fully documented LS, with all repairs done, and done RIGHT, I think is well worth the price. You got to rememebr, and one of the things I like about buying older cars like this, is that the value can only go down so far. Either way, sell it or trade it in, I'm ready to give something else a try. There are soooo many cars out there, I feel like I'm missing out simply because I've already discovered the beauty of the LS so soon. You know what I mean? Each car has it's good and bad points, even the LS. I'm ready to try a different blend of good and bad points. If all fails, I can always come back with a 430.

My loose feeling was due to my front right ball joint bolt being a little loose. The locker pin on the bolt broke and the bolt loosened up. Dealership fixed it for me yesterday, for free. They only charged me $9.85 for the state inspection. Cheapest bill I've ever had from there! Hahaha... Got the entire history of the car too. 48 pages of service sheets, ranging from a new radio at 48k miles "scrambled read out", to new antenna mask, and anything else the car needed. I never saw all of that before, and I can say the previous owner really did take great care of the car. Always had in for the service calls, oil changes, etc. Even had them fix a rattle in the dashboard at the 10k mile mark. He must have spent a butt load of money up there! $795 bucks for a brake job at 60k miles, and that was for just the rear brakes! :blink: :o

48 pages of service sheets, ranging from a new radio at 48k miles "scrambled read out", to new antenna mask, and anything else the car needed. I never saw all of that before, and I can say the previous owner really did take great care of the car. Always had in for the service calls, oil changes, etc. Even had them fix a rattle in the dashboard at the 10k mile mark. He must have spent a butt load of money up there! $795 bucks for a brake job at 60k miles, and that was for just the rear brakes! :blink: :o

NC, do you really want to sit down those potential buyers, and slam down in front of them 48 pages of repairs? If I was buying a car, and someone presented me with all that, I'd be intimidated and overwhelmed, I think all one would see, is the smoke left, right after i flew out the door. At that point, you could give all the reasons in the world as to why you're selling it, but the only thing going thru the buyers mind is " this guy is finally tired of paying for repairs, and i'll be stuck with it". My suggestion? If at this points there are no problems with your car, just point out all the positives, you wouldn't be lying, and you definetly wouldn't be scaring "last nights dinner'' out of those buyers. :cheers:

I think all the documented maintenance is a huge plus for potential buyers. I was shocked to only see about 5 maintenance reports from the dealer when I had them look up my 96 before I bought it back in February of this year. There wasn't even anything major done which made me very uncomfortable about buying it. I had the dealer do a full inspection before I bought it, came back with only a few common minor probs which have since been addressed. I almost didn't buy it due to lack of documented service.

Lots of luck with the sale and your new car purchase, but don't get lost!

I agree and disagree on the records. On one side, why show them all the records of things that have gone wrong? But on the other side, this is a 12 year old car with nearly 130,000 miles, and I would think anything that old would sell better if it could be proven that the previous owners both were super anal about maintenance. It's a flip decision, and basically comes down to the buyer. If someone just wants the car to trick it out, then I probably wouldn't go through the hassle of laying out the history in great detail. But if someone like myself comes knocking, I think they would like to see that the previous owner paid to have the entire stereo system replaced due to a scrambled read out, with true Lexus parts, had the seat belt fixed because their kid tugged on it, that sort of stuff. All the repairs that were done by the 1st owner were all minor, as most records are just service interval records, with the minor "customer says sunvisor rattles, new one ordered under TSB hd434", that sort of stuff.

In light of the fact that gas prices are going through the roof again, and the fact that my wife and I are still updating our house, I'm not in a big hurry to sell the car, and will pull back a bit on aggresively advertising it. If someone comes up to me and says "I'll buy your car" for a decent price, then it's sold. But I think what will happen is that I'm probably just going to trade it in either in the fall or towards next February-ish "bonus season for me". I do want one of those BMW 3 series wagons, I'm dead-set on one. I love them!

But, the LS is the LS, and like I've said before, this thing will probably outlive me. Now, onto a couple repairs I want to do....