K&n Air Filter Added...noticable Improvement

I added the K&N drop in air filter. Right away I noticed the car ran better. At first, I thought it was just my imagination, but luckily I filled the car w/ 87 octane last and have been driving for awhile w/ the old filter for comparison.

Right away I noticed that the car starts a little smoother when starting for the first time in the morning (ie the idle is smoother), and also it seems like you don't have to push the pedal down as hard when accelerating to get results.

Also, when you do push the pedal down all the way, it has a more peppy response.

Kind of like the difference when you run 87 octane and 93 octane.

Money well spent...I highly recommend it. I'll see if it improved my gas mileage on the next business trip.

PS. I raced my friends 2000 Audi 2.8 Quattro 5 spd. and beat him....the first race.

Then he learned how to drive (ie. slip the clutch) and pretty much gained a car length and then stayed there for the remainder of the race strip....not bad for the ES though. :D

plus my car was about 1/3 the cost of his...even better.

The biggest difference I noticed was the aggressive sound! It sounds so much more "powerful" when you get on the gas, and I don't know about y'all, but that's just good for my soul to hear the sound of horsepower, lol. (I know; if I REALLY wanted horsepower, then I'd get somethin else, but you gotta make due with what ya got sometimes. And besides, I'd never trade my ES for, oh say, a Mustang...well, maybe I would, but the opportunity hasn't arisen yet). B)