What Are You Rolling On...

Greetings fellow GS drivers! I just picked up at 2000 GS400 and I'm loving it so far. So much car for the money and after reading through some of the posts, it sounds like this thing will run for quite some time!

My question is pretty straight forward and probably something you guys see a lot, but I just read through 10 pages worth of posts and didn't see a thread so here goes:

I want to throw some wheels on my GS but I'm not sure what size would be best. I was thinking about 19s but I'm going to be driving about 100 miles a day so I don't want to sacrafice ride quality too much. At the same time, I want the wheel to really fill up the well without having to lower it (still fearful of ricer bounce.)

If you're bored and want to throw out some suggestions I'd appreciate it! I'd love to see some pictures of what you're rolling on too...

• 2 weeks later...
Ohhhh the white one is nice, baller! How much drop is that?

thanks.. Daizen advertise them at 1.9"F/1.7"R drop but in reality, it seems much lower.. the 20s raised up the car, but when i has 19s, i would occasionally scrap the front bumper on driveways and dips...

• 3 weeks later...

I am on:

Wheels-

EXE by Axis-Konvex 20"x9"(2.5"lip) +37 in the front, and 20"x10"(4.5" lip) +35in the rear.

Tires-

Courtesy of Dunlop 245/35/20 in the front and 285/30/20 in the rear (the rear fender was shaved)

Suspension-

KYB shocks and struts with Eibach Prokit Springs

The ride is amazing but the rear fender had to be mofidied to keep the tires from rubbing the fender wells. The overall drop was 1.25" rear and 1.75" front.

Here's what she looks like:

DUBAtlRollInCtd23.jpg

5-19-07DUBAtlantaRollIn128-1.jpg

What's the ride like? oem struts? I like the look a lot.

try a search on l-tuned shocks.. as for ride, it is pretty good... most people thought my ride would be harsh, but i never had anyone complain.. it is more responsive and the dreaded bodyroll is gone.. rides firm compared to stock, but not harsh like some stock cars with sports suspension package such as the g35...

I am on:

Wheels-

EXE by Axis-Konvex 20"x9"(2.5"lip) +37 in the front, and 20"x10"(4.5" lip) +35in the rear.

Tires-

Courtesy of Dunlop 245/35/20 in the front and 285/30/20 in the rear (the rear fender was shaved)

Suspension-

KYB shocks and struts with Eibach Prokit Springs

The ride is amazing but the rear fender had to be mofidied to keep the tires from rubbing the fender wells. The overall drop was 1.25" rear and 1.75" front.

wassup fellow CL member... ride looks clean bro.. love the other photos of the three GS s together..

• 2 months later...