Brake Pads..

Hey,

I just got those new brake pads installed at the dealer (for free) that supposedly release less brake dust!!!!!

I can't wait to see how they hold up....So far so good, although when I step on the brakes it feels a little musher but same stopping power, I dunno maybe it's just me. A buddy of mine had these pads installed a week ago and said little brake dust release, so we'll see soon!!!! I'll let you guys know how they hold up, it's been a few days and as of now they are pretty good! :cheers:

I'm here to tell you it didn't work for my wife. When she took her car in for the free first oil change I told her to tell them the front brakes sure gave off lots of dust. I'm kind of tired of cleaning them. Crap, after ONE DAY you can see the dust on them. It drives me crazy because I hate it when you see a nice car and the front wheels look like someone painted them black. So she asks them if there's anything they can do, and they politely say no.

So it doesn't ALWAYS work.

I'm here to tell you it didn't work for my wife. When she took her car in for the free first oil change I told her to tell them the front brakes sure gave off lots of dust. I'm kind of tired of cleaning them. Crap, after ONE DAY you can see the dust on them. It drives me crazy because I hate it when you see a nice car and the front wheels look like someone painted them black. So she asks them if there's anything they can do, and they politely say no.

So it doesn't ALWAYS work.

I suppose not....Sorry man that sucks :blushing:

I guess you just have to have the right dealer....The one I go to is suppose to be the largest dealer on the world and they take care of me for the most part....They even replaced my tires for me for free when they wore down so quickly....I guess it just depends on the dealer or how big of a stink you make out of it. Well good luck next time with things!! c :cheers:

I was also sick of cleaning off the dust so I inquired about the new break pads. The service guy said there was a notice posted stating it was ok to replace the pads for free on both the 250/350.

I am all for it and will be getting them replaced this week!

I was also sick of cleaning off the dust so I inquired about the new break pads. The service guy said there was a notice posted stating it was ok to replace the pads for free on both the 250/350.

Cool,

I just found out that the brake dust TSB was updated to included the IS250s. I plan to have this done when I go in for the 5k service. Please let everyone know if you like the change with regards to pedal feel, stopping power etc... The lack of dust is a given improvment and I would bet that any other differences are minor at best.

The TSB is attached for reference.

Regards,

L_BR002_06.pdf

Alright, I am a bit disgruntled now.

There IS a TSB for the brake dust issue, and when my wife asks about it, the dealer says sorry, there's nothing he can do. And I'm the one stuck cleaning the damn dusty wheels.

Next time I take the car in! :angry::angry::angry:

Cool,

I just found out that the brake dust TSB was updated to included the IS250s. I plan to have this done when I go in for the 5k service. Please let everyone know if you like the change with regards to pedal feel, stopping power etc... The lack of dust is a given improvment and I would bet that any other differences are minor at best.

The TSB is attached for reference.

Regards,

Wait, quick question....What did you mean change to "pedal feel, and stopping power"? Just curious as to what you mean, especially the change in stopping power.... :unsure:

Alright, I am a bit disgruntled now.

There IS a TSB for the brake dust issue, and when my wife asks about it, the dealer says sorry, there's nothing he can do. And I'm the one stuck cleaning the damn dusty wheels.

Next time I take the car in! :angry::angry::angry:

hmm..just took my car in today for brake noise...didnt think about the dust!...will clal them first thing in the morning!

Wait, quick question....What did you mean change to "pedal feel, and stopping power"? Just curious as to what you mean, especially the change in stopping power.... :unsure:

The introduction of the TSB states that the new pads may have different stopping chacteristics. I just want to know if it a big change or not.