Is 250 Auto Trans

We have j.ust over 4,000 miles on our 07 is250 awd. I dont know if anyone has expericenced a problem with their auto trans. It seems that the car sometimes slips into gear, my wife complained I could not understand why the car would have a problem at such low mileage. I drove the car the other night and the tranny did slip in fact the engine rpm jump up until the trans finally engaged. I bought to the dealer to fix a rattle in the dash, brake noise and a leaky truck. They found no codes or anything else wrong with the trans. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know.

Your not alone... are you specifically referring about the 1st into 2nd shift? When I brought in my car for its first oil change at 5k I made a complaint to the dealer and they told me that a lot of customers are complaining about the same issue and that Lexus was working a "solution". But I have not heard of anything since.

Btw, they did test drive it and also found no problems.

My Fiance has the same issue with her Mazda 6. One "solution" could be to get the transmission re-flashed. If both of you drive the car w/ dif driving styles (ie. you gun it and she doesn't) than the "learning curve" of the transmission could be affected causing it to shift improper. Also, check the fluid levels, sometimes in a new car it will burn up more fluid in the first few thousand miles than the average 5,000 mile service span.

On a side note, I haven't had any issues with my IS250 awd trany. The only dif is when I have it on the ext power and don't drive it hard (while in auto shifting) the gear shifting is more noticeable. Which should be expected.

My IS 250 AWD has what sounds to be a similar problem. The tranny hunts/slips between 1st and 2nd when slowing during a rolling stop. This combined with dash squeeks, rattles, and pops, occasional odd noises coming from the front end when accelerating from a full stop, and noisy brakes are disappointing for a company that touts "The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection".

My IS 250 AWD has what sounds to be a similar problem. The tranny hunts/slips between 1st and 2nd when slowing during a rolling stop. This combined with dash squeeks, rattles, and pops, occasional odd noises coming from the front end when accelerating from a full stop, and noisy brakes are disappointing for a company that touts "The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection".

Santoro, do you have an '06 250? And did you buy it when it first came out? I had a lot of the same problems with my car, which I bought the first weekend that it came out. I replaced it with an '07, and the issues have resolved. I think Lexus has worked on these issues, and continues to.

Santoro, do you have an '06 250? And did you buy it when it first came out? I had a lot of the same problems with my car, which I bought the first weekend that it came out. I replaced it with an '07, and the issues have resolved. I think Lexus has worked on these issues, and continues to.

Lambo, I have an '06 and puchased it on August 31st of 2006. I'm certainly hopeful the dealer can resolve these issues for me as I only have 7500 miles on it. I have owned two Hondas and a Nissan and never had problems like these. My wife is on her third Nissan since we've been married and hasn't experienced this either. Hence, my disappointment in Lexus.

Your not alone... are you specifically referring about the 1st into 2nd shift? When I brought in my car for its first oil change at 5k I made a complaint to the dealer and they told me that a lot of customers are complaining about the same issue and that Lexus was working a "solution". But I have not heard of anything since.

Btw, they did test drive it and also found no problems.

This is the first car I purchased from Japan car company; I am not impressed; Though the dealer is great they have tried their best. They did not build the car. I have a $17,500 pontiac that had it first problem at 36,000 miles and it was a trans problem. The dealer did not even have to drive the car they just jacked into the car computer to find the problem it was fixed first time. I think the problem Lexus is having is that the computer is not recording the fault. Any transmission people out there? Thanks for your response

well actually it would record the problem is there was a problem.

maybe you have heard about the never ending transmission hesitation with the rx330 tranmissions? its not a problem that can be fixed, its built into the design of the transmission. Therefore, it cannot be fixed because the car does not acknoledge it was a problem.

so what probably happened is that it is not a problem, just a design flaw.

Lambo, I have an '06 and puchased it on August 31st of 2006. I'm certainly hopeful the dealer can resolve these issues for me as I only have 7500 miles on it. I have owned two Hondas and a Nissan and never had problems like these. My wife is on her third Nissan since we've been married and hasn't experienced this either. Hence, my disappointment in Lexus.

Yes, you bought yours right around the same time I bought mine. I had 30k on mine when I traded it in for the "upgrade," is what I call it, only about a month and a half ago. Lexus seems to have fixed all the problems. I had the rearview mirror replaced, the recall on the seatbelts done, the handle above the passenger door came off, the insulation put into the dash for the rattling sound (popping always stayed), and I can't think of much more that I had done on that car. Oh, new brakes at 30k, but that was normal. This new 250 is a dream. I totally love it. I was in my other car all week, and got into my 250 for the day. OMG!!

I would assume the dealer can fix the probs for you. My local dealer did their best to fix the problems for me. I am not in any way disappointed with this car, even after the problems, and all the different cars that I've owned.

--------

Edit, I've been thinking about this one since I wrote it. I bought my car in 2005, not 2006. So I bought mine a full year ahead of yours. Those problems should have been fixed by the time you bought your car.............yes, now I understand.

well actually it would record the problem is there was a problem.

maybe you have heard about the never ending transmission hesitation with the rx330 tranmissions? its not a problem that can be fixed, its built into the design of the transmission. Therefore, it cannot be fixed because the car does not acknoledge it was a problem.

Sounds like a design flaw; Why dont they do the right thing and recall these cars. I dont think this car is going to be around that long as soon a new AWD CTS comes out this one is going.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a design flaw; Why dont they do the right thing and recall these cars. I dont think this car is going to be around that long as soon a new AWD CTS comes out this one is going.

======================================================================================

Lexus does not want to make recalls(and it seems intentionally); the dealership only replaced my IS250AWD seatbelt when I went for my 5k checkup. Lexus acknowleges brakepads problem but they don't recall and you can only get them replaced after long bargain. Rattling, oil leak, etc... They are not brave and ethical to admit their design flaws even as Honda does. A couple of years ago Honda recalled Odyssey just because a temp sensor protection was not strong enough.

I wonder how could they compete with BMW and behave like that.

seriously. Mohand, perhaps you would have heard about the infamous faulty cruise control lever failure out of the first generation LS400 that they had to recall after just coming into the world? It was a small problem, and it made the germans "scoff" that a japanese car that claimed to be a luxury brand needed a recall so quickly. But they did it anyways. Yeah...you should read about that.

second why did you buy your lexus anyways

and third, i guess you dont own the car, so yeah.