Parts Search

qha_vn

I just repalced my strut bar cushions on my 1990, 152m, and the cheapest I found was from Park Place for $120 each.

Replacement is easy DIY, just plug and play. Only difficulty is that you will need a 24mm deep socket so get one of these before you start.

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

2000 C280

$120? Another example of Lexus part ripoff. A Mercedes steering damper? $24!!!!

Are you sure you need a new damper? Take it off and test it. It simply should have no flat spots as you compress and expand it.

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

no its not $120, the dealer says they have it out of stock but can order from somewhere for me at $240.92. would I cancel the order now?

have no chance to test if the part is faulty unfortunately, it was removed by the ex-owner (or someone) I find the steering so responsive that i can use a finger to steer when the car is in P. at over 50 mph, steering wheel becomes even more responsive, i feel it unsafe

no its not $120, the dealer says they have it out of stock but can order from somewhere for me at $240.92. would I cancel the order now?

have no chance to test if the part is faulty unfortunately, it was removed by the ex-owner (or someone) I find the steering so responsive that i can use a finger to steer when the car is in P. at over 50 mph, steering wheel becomes even more responsive, i feel it unsafe

Sorry if there is any confusion. I found the strut cushions from Park Place for $120 each and they did have to order them. Are you saying that your place is asking $240.92 for one cushion? If that is the case, cancel the order and buy from Park Place. The other poster commented that the damper was $120 from IronToad. I haven't seen a price on the damper but I think $120 is outrageous considering that a typical Mercedes steering damper is only about $25 (not that a Mercedes part would fit the Lexus).

glenmore

1990 LS400

Just called Park Place, the strut cushions are $120 and the damper is $207. This is an unbelieveable price! It looks like a simple shock absorber just like the steering damper on my Mercedes C280 or Mercedes 300CE. The Mercedes part is like $25. Call Irontoad and maybe they have it for $120 as lex90 mentioned.

No wonder your previous owner just chose not to replace it.

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

2000 C280