Lexus V. Cadillac

When buying your Lexus, did anyone out there consider purchasing a Cadillac CTS? There's a lot of buzz about the new 2008 CTS, and I'm wondering what made you choose the Lexus over the cadillac.

I thought about the Caddy a friend has one. I have owned the Catera, then a Lincoln LS, as well as an 04 ES330.

The best expierience with any car had been with my first Lexus. That is why I went back and bought my IS350.

Service, reliability, styling Lexus has them all while Caddy only has one maybe two

All the dealers are independently owned though, and service varies just like with Lexus. I know several excellent Caddy dealers. Caddy consistently ranks almost as high, and sometimes higher, than Lexus in dealer satisfaction.

The CTS isn't a bad car. The trouble is that most Caddy dealers also share service with other GM brands. The amount of care given is the same for the CTS and the Chevy Cavalier. I looked at a CTS before I purchased my IS. Personally for me I thought the dash looked cheap and the switches and plastic panel fit had a lot to be disired. That was enough for me not to waste time driving. The new one is supposed to be leaps and bounds better than the current one. Wait to drive the new one. I guess what I am trying to say is that you reach milestones in your life, like marraige, new jobs, and moving up to a new class of automobile. If I am paying 40k+ for a car and higher rates for labor, I want a loaner car and personaized service. I just can't help but think that GM, Ford, and Chrysler (even under MB) still hasn't caught on.

Heck, my daughter gets great treatment at her Honda dealer but then again it is a Honda only dealership that isn't shared with other makes.