Trunk Wet On Rainy Days!

sheab

I have 91 LS400 its seem like every rainy day my trunk get wet.. only the end of it i mean the back bumper side, inside the trunk get wet even the cloth what could be the reson i even look for whole but couldnt find any so what could be the reason ? any idea will help

I had the same problem few weeks back.

Just take the seal off and put some silicone between the

seal and the edge of the trunk where the seal attaches to.

Mine had leaked under the seal which was quite amazing.

That fixed the problem for me.

I have 91 LS400 its seem like every rainy day my trunk get wet.. only the end of it i mean the back bumper side, inside the trunk get wet even the cloth what could be the reson i even look for whole but couldnt find any so what could be the reason ? any idea will help

I know this sounds funny but you can try crawling into the trunk with a flashlight have someone you trust to let you out close the lid spray with a hose look for the leak. the trunk seal may be needed or you may find some debris distorting the seal causing the water to pool and leak past the seal. If you are inside you can pinpoint the leak location then look for cause. Good luck Rich

• 2 weeks later...

I know this sounds funny but you can try crawling into the trunk with a flashlight have someone you trust to let you out close the lid spray with a hose look for the leak. the trunk seal may be needed or you may find some debris distorting the seal causing the water to pool and leak past the seal. If you are inside you can pinpoint the leak location then look for cause. Good luck Rich

umm i got a bad news for my self that i did everything like puting silicon + spray water my self and i couldnt see water going inside the trunk .. n i was so happy cus i thought the problem is over. umm guess what after one rain i saw the water inside the trunk. is there any help or thing i can do cuz seem like there is no way i can trak how the water is getting in?? anyone plz help thanks for all of urs time !!!

There may be rubber plugs that are missing in the trunk. Lift up the carpet, remove the spare wheel and make sure all the holes in the sheet metal have plugs in them.

thanks everything has been chcked ... i mean as far i can see or go through .. but sad pat is everything seem ok .. but still water comes in is there anything els i should look for plz ?

• 1 month later...

Hose down the power antenna seal and see if the trunk gets wet or not. You probably also want to confirm that the drainage holes for the sunroof aren't clogged.

Wanted to throw my 2 cents in.....my sunroof leaks around the headliner on the rear driver side, water collects in the small light in the upper corner in rear seat behind driver. My trunk also leaks water when it rains....I did pull up the carpet in the trunk that covers the spare tire and pulled back the liner under the lil tool box and found a rubber hose (clear), I blew that line with low pressure and could hear the air blowing in the car around where the water is getting in my head liner.....I need to remove the paneling that holds the head liner on that side to see if the hose has disconnected there....has anyone ever remove the top panel on the driverside........

You owe me a beer :cheers:

as i said .. you r the best ... right on target thanks alot for youre help ..but i need one help strongly lex92 look at the topic of gas milage help me if u can .. i sure will buy u as many as u want lol

• 2 weeks later...

You owe me a beer :cheers:

as i said .. you r the best ... right on target thanks alot for youre help ..but i need one help strongly lex92 look at the topic of gas milage help me if u can .. i sure will buy u as many as u want lol

How do you seal the power antenna?

How do you seal the power antenna?

hmmm ... well tell you the truth .. if you want to seal the power antenna you have to get new antenna or new antenna seal i guess ... but what i did was remove the trunk carpet + side cover and open the antenna motor and put alot silicon by the whole and did the same on top of the car but be very smooth/carefull so make sure no one can notice that silicon is there lol ...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i thought the problem was solved ... but guess what happen today ... after i look into the trunk and remove the tire and pull out the fomay tire holder i saw water .. but very lil ... ummm not like b4 but still water is comeing in how that could be possible ...?help pls

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i thought the problem was solved ... but guess what happen today ... after i look into the trunk and remove the tire and pull out the fomay tire holder i saw water .. but very lil ... ummm not like b4 but still water is comeing in how that could be possible ...?help pls

Are you sure the sunroof drain line is open all the way to the bottom? When you had access to it at the top, you should have run some air pressure through it to make sure it was completely open.

Are you sure the sunroof drain line is open all the way to the bottom? When you had access to it at the top, you should have run some air pressure through it to make sure it was completely open.

how do i know that my sunroof is the one which is leaking ... i never open my sunroof .. but could you guys tell me how to check if the sunroof is leaking? if it was leaking the water should habe messed up the inside the car not the trunk rite?.. however ... will you plz tell me how to check it anyway and what should i do .. so fix it once and for all thanks alot

[

I had the same problem, check your headliner in the car (back seat area) for moisture.....I had water on the headliner and 1 1/2 in water where my spare wheel was......I removed the paneling and THERE IT WAS...my sunroof drain line had come detached for some reason........hooked it back up and put my car through a heavy rainstorm here in Texas and NO LEAK in either place..........so, it can be the sunroof drain, but you would also get water on your headliner..........

• 2 weeks later...
[

I had the same problem, check your headliner in the car (back seat area) for moisture.....I had water on the headliner and 1 1/2 in water where my spare wheel was......I removed the paneling and THERE IT WAS...my sunroof drain line had come detached for some reason........hooked it back up and put my car through a heavy rainstorm here in Texas and NO LEAK in either place..........so, it can be the sunroof drain, but you would also get water on your headliner..........

OUCH!.....

another heavy rain and seems as though I solved my headliner leak....but my trunk had water in it.....so the saga continues.....

hahahaahhahahahahahahah told you man ................................ there is something really funny about it ......... let me guess i think its ur trunk hood .. u know the tail light parts water get in there and when it close ... its enter the trunk by .. the trunk lock .. let me know if there is ant update .. try loook into front headliner good luck and let me know if u solve ur problem !

[

OUCH!.....

another heavy rain and seems as though I solved my headliner leak....but my trunk had water in it.....so the saga continues.....

my trunk was geting rusty lol... however .... do u think it could be the back glass ... is laking?????