Camry Input?

nc211

Roadblocked....although I hear you guys, and completely agree. But this theory has been shot down several times with the "why give up my Civic for something with the exact same of miles?" I get killed every time by that one.:pirate: She does now understand the difference between my obsessive nature of preventive maintenance v. actually being broken down. She's seen me one too many times under my car to believe us about the 80k Lexus v. 30k anything else..... this is what I refer to as "lock, load, fire...OUCH, THAT'S MY FOOT!"

I beleive your at the junction of "Let her pick it out and you live with it". :blink:

Roadblocked....although I hear you guys, and completely agree. But this theory has been shot down several times with the "why give up my Civic for something with the exact same of miles?" I get killed every time by that one.:pirate: She does now understand the difference between my obsessive nature of preventive maintenance v. actually being broken down. She's seen me one too many times under my car to believe us about the 80k Lexus v. 30k anything else..... this is what I refer to as "lock, load, fire...OUCH, THAT'S MY FOOT!"

NC! How long have you been married...let me teach you a secret! :whistles: Reverse physcology: Whatever you want her to get just tell her "well that is fine baby...it is your car but I really think you should look at the _____"... SOLD you will be signing the papers! :lol: :D If you do not want her to get the car just say " Yea that is the one I think that you should get too"...she will want something different. J/K!!

This is one of those things that is going to leave your head spinning...you are going to feel drunk by the time this is over. When my wife starts looking for a car it is without a doubt one of the most confuzing things I have ever went through...not quite as bad as her picking out a pair of shoes to match an outfit! :lol: :D "Which ones do you like the round ones or the pointed"...uhh they look the same...I mean the pointed...what does she wear the round ones...see what I mean! Why even "ASK"

Just let her find what she likes that is in the price range that you both want to spend and that you both think will be a safe and reliable car.

I beleive your at the junction of "Let her pick it out and you live with it". :blink:

:cheers:

I have not been married long enough to master the reverse phsycology skills yet, how do you think I ended up with 3 cats! I know what you mean about the shoes... my response is usually "whichever one is easiest to remove from my as$ later when I tell you I'm too drunk to drive us home, here are the keys". Hahaha...

I think I'm going to have to just sit back and let her pick one out, but I do have to keep up the offense to get her to actually pick one out, otherwise we'll be driving that lawnmower for 20 years. She's not into cars. That thing has some serious road rash in the front, and starting to show signs of rust from those marks. Time to retire that thing before it gets expensive.

• 1 month later...

She has decided it is going to be the Infiniti G35 sedan, probably an 04 with under 40k miles. We're looking for the right one. Looked at one at the VW dealership, but was a little too rough around the edges to get comfortable with. Might have another one in our sites though at the honda dealership..... It won't be coming from my local dealership, I can assure you of that!!! Read the last posts in this thread for my reason why...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry228329

nc211,

Call Madsen Motors in Cary (481-0600) and ask for Wayne Madsen. Tell him what you're looking for in terms of model year, mileage, and color. He'll scour the lease auctions and find you the absolute best one on the East Coast for the fairest price you'll find. He deals primarily in Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche, but he also finds near-perfect Volvos, Lexus, and Infinitis as well. He deals only in near-perfect vehicles as you'll see if you drive over and check his stock. It may take him a few weeks but he'll find your car for you. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet as well. Give him a call - I guarantee you won't regret it. We've purchased two vehicles from him and have three sets of friends whom we've sent to him since 2003. All are delighted with the vehicles they've purchased and the experience of dealing with Wayne.

I don't get any kickback or commission from Madsen Motors, but I feel strongly enough about our positive experiences of purchasing vehicles there that I willingly recommend them to other folks in the market for nice, luxury-level vehicles that are in near-perfect condition.

Be aware that he doesn't trade, he only sells. So you'll need to either sell your wife's Honda on your own (or as a last resort, sell it to CarMax for probably about $2,000 less than it's really worth). But Wayne will allow you the time you need to sell your current vehicle once he locates and obtains the one you want. Not many places I know of would bother to work with you that way....

Nice, thanks amigo! I will give him a call this weekend. I've seen that dealership before in passing, and they do have some nice cars on the lot! The tough part is selling her car, she is impatient and doesn't want to mess with selling it. I DO want to sell it, since it's a perfect civic with perfect history, I figure it will sell fast. But, she's against it, thinks it's not worth it. We'll see what happens. I pushing the GS300's at the moment "finally ditched the PT Cruiser, MB's, and 3 series BMW's...no european cars!" Although I was shocked to find that BMW parts were a lot cheaper than Lexus, still not sold on those cars like I am on Toyota's. They have the quiet and smooth thing down pat, which is my top requirement. We're going to look at a G35 tonight, asking too much, but don't they all!!