White Particles On Dash

I asked the dealer to look into this at my last service. They claim it is not a known problem.

It is annoying. what are we are breathing in.

Any lab people out there?

CSI where are you!!!

I just noticed today the white dust on the dash. Car was washed 4 days ago and the dash was clean then. Windows have been closed. My garage is a two car garage behind my house, no white dust there.

There are white particles that get on dash. They seem to be comming from the defrost vent. Lexus changed filter behind glove box to paper type as they believed the other type was deteriorating. This has not resolved the problem.

A/C, heat usually runs on re-circulate. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks

Hi,

Did you ever find the source of this? I noticed it in my vehicle last night. White particles over the dash/console etc... The windows are always up at this point given the weather in New England is still cold. So I don't think it came from an external source.

Jim

I asked the dealer to look into this at my last service. They claim it is not a known problem.

It is annoying. what are we are breathing in.

Any lab people out there?

CSI where are you!!!

I just noticed today the white dust on the dash. Car was washed 4 days ago and the dash was clean then. Windows have been closed. My garage is a two car garage behind my house, no white dust there.

I picked up my car from service yesterday, I had expressed concern about these same particles, to me they almost look like granules of sand but smaller. I had also shown them too him last time I was in and he said we will be replacing cabin filter that must be it.

IMHO there must be something too this, theres too many of us having an issue, oh and I have no tissues :cries: I wonder what the best way to get Lexus to start looking into this is, as dealers seem too just blow it off and say we have not information on this and thats is?

There are white particles that get on dash. They seem to be comming from the defrost vent. Lexus changed filter behind glove box to paper type as they believed the other type was deteriorating. This has not resolved the problem.

Thanks

Hi,

Did you ever find the source of this? I noticed it in my vehicle last night. White particles over the dash/console etc... The windows are always up at this point given the weather in New England is still cold. So I don't think it came from an external source.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Hi,

Jim

Pictures posted with white particles look the same as I have had on the dash. they come out through the defrost vent,

Lexus a factory tech rep look at it on Tuesday. He said he had not heard of anyone else having this problem. He offered to take the dash apart to locate the problem. Instead, I had them to remove the cabin filter, clean the vents out and let me drive the car without a filter and see if that is the problem. I am reluctant to let them to do surgery on this problem as it will generate more headaches. I got the car back today and will post results.

This is the only problem other than having to get rid of the Goodyear tires after about 2 months as they were not smooth. They replaced the tires with Michelin and after 2 years they are still running smooth.

The loaner RX 350's don't handle or ride as well.

Jim

• 3 months later...

I have the answer for the white flake issue.

I had this occuring very recently.

Due to my kids having Asthma, I took the issue very seriously and took the car in the same day I noticed it.

The dealer after a few days of reluctance and getting the okay from me to tear the car apart, found that the culprit was the evaporator core anti-bacterial coating flaking off.

This car is under warranty and they fixed this issue and fully detailed the car.

Damn! That is sweet... nice find. I am hoping that perhaps more "liberal" thinking dealers might listen to customers who mention and perhaps give a hint at the solution.

My question to you is, what guarantee do you have that this does not repeat itself? I get dust on the dash, but what car doesn't. I will pay closer attention if the dust is "dust, or white particles".

Cheers,

MadloR

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Do you have the Invoice, showing everything lexus fixed? I would love to take this information to my dealer so he can fix mine.

could you please email me a copy of the Invoice or a list of everything they fixed.

I will be two year for me in July.

Thank You

Do you have the Invoice, showing everything lexus fixed? I would love to take this information to my dealer so he can fix mine.

could you please email me a copy of the Invoice or a list of everything they fixed.

Thank You

I can fax you one if you want-had it done recently-same crap was happening-luckily dealer new right away what to do-I didn't even mentioned evaporator exchange-the key word was "white particles on dashboard" ;). Anyway that was free unlike 15k service and few other things like filter replacement, tire rotation, and alignment that came up to about $1100-auch -miss my BMW service ;)

Thank You

I can fax you one if you want-had it done recently-same crap was happening-luckily dealer new right away what to do-I didn't even mentioned evaporator exchange-the key word was "white particles on dashboard" ;). Anyway that was free unlike 15k service and few other things like filter replacement, tire rotation, and alignment that came up to about $1100-auch -miss my BMW service ;)

Thank you very much !!!

I will send you my fax number to your in box.

PS. I miss my BMW too!

• 11 months later...
I have the answer for the white flake issue.

I had this occuring very recently.

Due to my kids having Asthma, I took the issue very seriously and took the car in the same day I noticed it.

The dealer after a few days of reluctance and getting the okay from me to tear the car apart, found that the culprit was the evaporator core anti-bacterial coating flaking off.

This car is under warranty and they fixed this issue and fully detailed the car.

I just discovered the same problem after having an emergency room visit, doctors visits, inhalers and what was thought to be an unexplainable start of Asthma. I'm surprised there aren't more recent posts on this subject. I had the evaporator core replaced (with the new improved that won't flake), the ducts and vents cleaned and the carpets shampooed. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't had the breathing problem I was having. Just wondering if anyone sent medical bills to Lexus to be reimbursed for expenses incurred due to this problem? Lexus is very aware of this problem but says it only happens in some cars.