Seafoam

95_SC400

Thanks jibby.

95 i would use half a can and then change the oil after about 20 minutes of running it . The old oil in the engine is dirty now and needs to be changed . Just finish the job properly by treating it again.

I don;t know anything about RX products but i personally don;t like a wonder chemical as such . To me seafoam is just a carbon cleaner not a seal restorer or scratch fixer like many other products claim to be all in one bottle fixes.

All right, gochya. Thanks for clearing that up. In that case is there any products anybody can recommend for internal engine clean up?

Errr....yeah, seafoam.

Thanks jibby.

95 i would use half a can and then change the oil after about 20 minutes of running it . The old oil in the engine is dirty now and needs to be changed . Just finish the job properly by treating it again.

I don;t know anything about RX products but i personally don;t like a wonder chemical as such . To me seafoam is just a carbon cleaner not a seal restorer or scratch fixer like many other products claim to be all in one bottle fixes.

All right, gochya. Thanks for clearing that up. In that case is there any products anybody can recommend for internal engine clean up?

Errr....yeah, seafoam.

Yes there are other cleaning agents that help...Adding one quart of tranny fluid in with the oil between oil changes once a year is a good idea...The one quart of ATP tranny fluid acts as a cleaning detergent when added with the 4 other quarts of oil...Helps free up and clean sticky valves and lifters....

Other products like STP concentrated fuel injector cleaner can help too...Although they say to ad one bottle to one full tank of gas...I have always added two bottles to an almost empty tank of gas maybe every other year and it seems to help a little with dirty fuel injectors...

What else for cleaning? Fluid changes really is the best for keeping things clean...Synthetics fluids changes are always a good idea, filter changes (fuel, oil, and air) helps..Stay off of dirt roads as much as possible, change the oils and fluids regularly, use premium gas and you should be good to go after a good seafoaming treatment....Also spray cleaning the throttle body with STP carb cleaner once a year can't hurt especially if you are experiencing a rough or bouncing idle...

My next plan is to try this stuff called auto-rx. I've been told it gives great results, but takes some time to do.

Here are pics of before and after pics of what the product claims to do: http://www.auto-rx.com/rms13/index-2.htm

Here is how it works and all about the product: http://www.auto-rx.com/pages/applications.htm

Let me know if any one has tried this or even if you have any opinions. I just had an oil change with synthetic so i have ways to go before i try this.

Not knocking Auto-rx, but I used it in my Lexus and my wifes car. Noticed zero in my car and the wifes did nothing too (via pixs I took of inside VC).

I then Flushed with LC20 and got way better. I would try seafoam first in oil, then LC20 then ARX.

I do have a problem with the "inventer" frank. He cannot answer valid questions. Plus I think it is WAY over pimped on BITOG. I made a webpage about my results and boy did Frank get mad.

95_SC400, you gave some good info on how to use this stuff through the intake manifold. And I consider myself a moderate grease monkey. But on this, I just need to see some visuals on where exactly to pour this stuff (or have suctioned) into the engine. I went yesterday to use this stuff and ended up walking away scratching my head because the Seafoam instructions say something about using the pcv valve as a possible place to pour. But I can't find the pcv valve for the life of me. And the last thing I want to do is pour this someplace it should go and totally kill my engine.

So if someone would please post a pic of where exactly this stuff should be poured/suctioned-in it would be great. (I'll be doing the crank-case and gas tank applications later, but first i want to do the intake application)

Thanks a bunch.

95_SC400, you gave some good info on how to use this stuff through the intake manifold. And I consider myself a moderate grease monkey. But on this, I just need to see some visuals on where exactly to pour this stuff (or have suctioned) into the engine. I went yesterday to use this stuff and ended up walking away scratching my head because the Seafoam instructions say something about using the pcv valve as a possible place to pour. But I can't find the pcv valve for the life of me. And the last thing I want to do is pour this someplace it should go and totally kill my engine.

So if someone would please post a pic of where exactly this stuff should be poured/suctioned-in it would be great. (I'll be doing the crank-case and gas tank applications later, but first i want to do the intake application)

Thanks a bunch.

Hey, its really simple actually. I included 3 pictures of what i mean and where it is. Basically, once you see the pictures you will know what im saying. What you will need to do is take off the tiny black cap that comes on the vacuum branches. Then slip on a hose like i mentioned before (from aquarium or medical oxygen tubing).By the way, there are 3 vacuum branches, i didnt know difference between them so i just did a lilttle bit into each branch. With one side on the branch, you then stick the other side into the can of seafoam or pour seafoam in cup to make it easier to see. And then either have some one hold a high idle or just keep your finger on the TPS and keep the idle up your self. By the way, before you do any seafoaming anywhere, you have to warm up your engine. So drive around a couple minutes. After doing the oil/crankcase, be sure to change your oil. The PCV valves are cleaned when you put seafoam through oil and intake, as far as i know. Good Luck!

post-26847-1168292662_thumb.jpg

post-26847-1168292671_thumb.jpg

post-26847-1168292682_thumb.jpg

Thanks jibby.

Errr....yeah, seafoam.

Yes there are other cleaning agents that help...Adding one quart of tranny fluid in with the oil between oil changes once a year is a good idea...The one quart of ATP tranny fluid acts as a cleaning detergent when added with the 4 other quarts of oil...Helps free up and clean sticky valves and lifters....

Other products like STP concentrated fuel injector cleaner can help too...Although they say to ad one bottle to one full tank of gas...I have always added two bottles to an almost empty tank of gas maybe every other year and it seems to help a little with dirty fuel injectors...

What else for cleaning? Fluid changes really is the best for keeping things clean...Synthetics fluids changes are always a good idea, filter changes (fuel, oil, and air) helps..Stay off of dirt roads as much as possible, change the oils and fluids regularly, use premium gas and you should be good to go after a good seafoaming treatment....Also spray cleaning the throttle body with STP carb cleaner once a year can't hurt especially if you are experiencing a rough or bouncing idle...