How Much Did You Pay For Your Is

I am buying a 2007 IS 350, and I heard that supply is quite tight, so I want to see what price do the existing owners pay for.

I have searched the forum and didn't find any post like this.

I hope this information will also help other people looking for an IS.

Please specify the following.

1. Year

2. Model and Configuration

2. MSRP price

3. Invoice price

4. Price you paid for (OTD or not)

5. Date of purchase

6. Location

7. Dealer (local or Internet)

8. Other comments like how you negotiated the price or any good or bad experience with the dealers you visited.

I just bought my 07 IS250 (breakwater blue) at Newport Beach Lexus in So Cal for $31,300 before TTL. Sticker was $35,222. Was that a good deal? I was hoping for under invoice, but i got it for $120 over invoice, which was $31,180.

Here is what I got, I will try and generally move down your list.

2007 IS 350 with Mark Levinson/ navi , luxury package, rear lip spoiler etc.

the easiest way I think to compare $'s is to comapre MSRP's as there is so many different configurations and additions, my MSRP was 44,760 (including destination which was $395.00)

I stoped being too concerned about invoice as the dealers would not listen to invoice discussions.

I got $3100 off MSRP so my out the door price was $41,660 +local tax.

Placed the purchase order on 10/6/06, they needed to order the car in.

I live about 30 miles north of Denver

Purchased from Stevenson Lexus of Fredrick (and the first question out of their mouth on final negotiations was was I using a local dealer, implying to me that they would not match someone in say Texas)

How I got my deal was to contact over the internet (the phone seemed to be useless on my initial phone call to the same dealer) a local dealer, in this case Kuni Lexus, and begin an email dialog with the internet manager, I got him to commit to a price, 3000 off MSRP, and then asked him to come down a bit more or throw me some other bone, he would not ( I told him up front I was dealing with Stevenson also), so I called the salesman at Stevenson I had been test driving with and told him I would buy, but he had to beat what I was getting, he said OK, so I went down and they did, but only after I showed them my e-mail trail from Kuni, I also had to keep a close eye on the MSRP as they initially wanted to offer me something that had a MSRP of $42,400 but still OTD price of 41,660, as my e-mail trial showed. I was not too impressed with this, it couild have been a honest mistake on my salesmans part as to what I was telling him, but given the fact that I was dealing with a car salesman...

Quite frankly I was not completly impresssed with Stevenson, because they were hard to deal with, as an example I asked them what their best price was and they told me to shop around and they would beat my best price (not very helpful hungh??), I would have bought from Kuni, even with the $100 premium, but Kuni was 75 miles away from my house, and I was thinking of the service included.

Good luck to you, my best advice USE THE INTERNET to contact the dealers, I got by far my straightest responsed over e-mail.

I am buying a 2007 IS 350, and I heard that supply is quite tight, so I want to see what price do the existing owners pay for.

1. Year

2. MSRP price

3. Invoice price

5. Date of purchase

6. Location

8. Other comments like how you negotiated the price or any good or bad experience with the dealers you visited.

Thanks for the response, guys.

I hope more people can comment on their price and experience so that potential buyers like me can benefit from this thread.

For bartkat: I did do the TMV on edmunds.com but I guess the 2007 is too new that their TMV is just the same as the MSRP.

For Khue: $120 over invoice is very good deal already IMO. For this car, I guess it is hard to get it below invoice especially for a 2007 model. I guess the one at Newport is new so they may have better deals?

For chughtaijr: Thanks for the detail response. I agress on the email strategy. I told myself to do email attack too after reading this fool.com car buying car. I am going to fire emails to every dealer within 100 miles this week and will report what I get. A few questions for you.

1. Yours is a custom order, right? When is the ETA? Between 60 to 90 days?

2. You get the ML and NV, so I assume it is the VN package. It is weird that according to edmunds.com and Yahoo Auto the MSRP for the ML package is $940 and the NV is $2,550, and there is a VN package that combines both of them but the price is $3,990, which is $500 more than the sum of ML and NV.

3. How come your destination charge is only $395? Everywhere I see is $715.

Yea, my order is either custom or not easily available, not sure exactly sure why, but the dealer told me 5-6 weeks ( I just wanted a white one with Black interior)

As far as the package goes, it is the second from the bottom on the build your lexus page, lexus website obviously, luxury package with 18" wheels with additional options, there is about 4 of them with the same name for easy differentation.

lastly, I pulled my paperwork and my memory was wrong on the destination, it was $590, I wonder if the difference is CO vs. CA ??

See Ya.

Thanks for the response, guys.

I hope more people can comment on their price and experience so that potential buyers like me can benefit from this thread.

For bartkat: I did do the TMV on edmunds.com but I guess the 2007 is too new that their TMV is just the same as the MSRP.

For Khue: $120 over invoice is very good deal already IMO. For this car, I guess it is hard to get it below invoice especially for a 2007 model. I guess the one at Newport is new so they may have better deals?

For chughtaijr: Thanks for the detail response. I agress on the email strategy. I told myself to do email attack too after reading this fool.com car buying car. I am going to fire emails to every dealer within 100 miles this week and will report what I get. A few questions for you.

1. Yours is a custom order, right? When is the ETA? Between 60 to 90 days?

2. You get the ML and NV, so I assume it is the VN package. It is weird that according to edmunds.com and Yahoo Auto the MSRP for the ML package is $940 and the NV is $2,550, and there is a VN package that combines both of them but the price is $3,990, which is $500 more than the sum of ML and NV.

3. How come your destination charge is only $395? Everywhere I see is $715.

hey..

there are different pricing for different states tho.

like i went to 4 lexus dealer to do research and they all just gave me 500 off msrp they said because there is a high demand for them in new york.

so people who are get thousand off your getting a good deal. buy it

Given so many senior members here, it seems like not too many people wanted to share their price and experience.

I am going to fill it out myself.

Hope the information here could help some members here.

1. 2007

2. IS 350 LT+NV+LR+Z1

2. $45,177

3. $39,190

4. $41,029 before tax and fees

5. 10/28/2006

6. Redwood City, CA

7. Putnam Lexus

8. It is really hard to get the LT package in CA. There are only 3 dealers in CA that replied me and said they have or are going to have one by end of Nov. The one I got isn't in my #1 favor color but is acceptable. Plus, it is coming in next week. Price is OK; $4148 below MSRP but still $1839 above invoice. But I get the LT package in a week with this price. I am happy.

Hello All,

I will be honest about this and please don't be *BLEEP*ed but I paid a lot less for my car. I live in Santa Monica CA and I contacted 6 dealers and looked for 6 weeks before I made my purchase. Use the internet to your benefit. Have someone email you a price and then use that at other dealers to get them to beat it.

1. 2007

2. IS 250 with Nav, 18" wheels, XM Installed

2. $37,500 MSRP

3. 33,500 Invoice

4. $33,000 including XM ($700 value)

5. 10/27/06

6. Westminster Lexus

7. Internet

8. The only bad experience I had was the dealers that did not know anything about the car. I had an offer from one lexus dealership that a few others said they would match or beat and then realized how good of an offer it was and refused. Don't rush and don't pay over invoice. I started at $1000 over and after 5 weeks I had them to $200 over and then I got lucky on the web with a dealer an hour away who wanted me to buy from him. I took his email to 3 other dealers and they said they would beat it by $100 bucks but they did not have the car instock. Be ready to walk away, they need your business you don't need their car.

Good Luck

Bobby C

Can you post some pics of your car?? I'd like to see it in the smoked granite color ... thanks!

Hello All,

I will be honest about this and please don't be *BLEEP*ed but I paid a lot less for my car. I live in Santa Monica CA and I contacted 6 dealers and looked for 6 weeks before I made my purchase. Use the internet to your benefit. Have someone email you a price and then use that at other dealers to get them to beat it.

1. 2007

2. $37,500 MSRP

3. 33,500 Invoice

5. 10/27/06

6. Westminster Lexus

7. Internet

8. The only bad experience I had was the dealers that did not know anything about the car. I had an offer from one lexus dealership that a few others said they would match or beat and then realized how good of an offer it was and refused. Don't rush and don't pay over invoice. I started at $1000 over and after 5 weeks I had them to $200 over and then I got lucky on the web with a dealer an hour away who wanted me to buy from him. I took his email to 3 other dealers and they said they would beat it by $100 bucks but they did not have the car instock. Be ready to walk away, they need your business you don't need their car.

Good Luck

Bobby C

• 3 weeks later...

hey. i just "ordered" my '07 is350 yesterday.

stevinson lexus of lakewood will have to search for it.

smokey granite mica/grey int

lux pak with 18" wheels-LT

levinson/nav-VN

prferred pak-Z1

msrp $44,822

got "free" allweather mats thrown in

OTD $45200- this is with tax title,dealer prep and other hostage fees.(tax for me is 8.25%)

pretaxes prices is $3850 off msrp. ~$ 40980. this is a realistic invoice + profit to the dealer.

i don't believe all you BSers with your $100 over invoice. none of these dealers is there to give away their profit.just like i didn't belive my dealer who said he's only makin $400 on the car. give me a break. these dealers are millionaires for a reason.

BTW this is the same owner of frederick lexus

I'm sure that my experience doesn't really count, since I bought mine used, but here it is. I found out the car was off lease, from someone that defaulted. Picked it up a little less than 2 weeks ago.

I have been looking for a bit over 3 weeks. Trying to find a 2006 with a manual transmission for cheap. First of all, it's nearly impossible to find a used one with the MT6. Secondly, there is no such thing as cheap with these cars.

Mine is a 2006 MT6 with the Luxury Package (heated and vented seats) and the accessory package (front and rear mats). Very basic transportation. The only thing that I really wished it had was memory seats and mirrors. I had that in my SC300, and it was really handy.

The car is in silver, and has 13,500 miles on it, and they had it listed for $29,995 on the internet, and I got it for $27,900 plus taxes, etc. We were at a different dealer looking talking about these cars, and they laughed at me when I told them I was looking for a used one. They had a new IS350 they tried to sell me for $45,000. Not in this lifetime. My car is just great, thanks very much. It has nearly everything that I want in a car, and the sound system is great.

larry

I'm sure you know that the 350 is a different animal, I just talked to my local dealer and they said right now Lexus is building about 25 250's for every one 350 (4%), implying alot more buying leverage for you, maybe he was filling me full of it, but given that there are basically none in stock ( I only found 2 and one was the base model, no nav, lux package Ml nothing, flat striped) in the denver metro area I think he might be telling the truth, or as close to it as a car salesman can come.

Hello All,

1. 2007

2. $37,500 MSRP

3. 33,500 Invoice

5. 10/27/06

6. Westminster Lexus

7. Internet

Good Luck

Bobby C

I sent for a quote at the same dealership and they came back with this INITIAL offer

premium plus package, 18'' wheel, HID headlights $30,487

with nav $32,687

That looks about $150 below invoice. If this is their initial offer, how much lower can I negotiate for it?

Hello All,

1. 2007

2. $37,500 MSRP

3. 33,500 Invoice

5. 10/27/06

6. Westminster Lexus

7. Internet

Good Luck

Bobby C

1. Year

2. MSRP price

3. Invoice price

5. Date of purchase

6. Location

Here is what I paid:

1. 2007 (IS250 Black Sapphire)

2. IS250 with NAV, 18" Wheels & Summer Tires , AFS Lights, Premium Package, Preferred Package, Rear Spoiler

2. Sticker Price = $38,127 (includes freight)

3. Invoice price = ??

4. Paid $36,475 Out the Door including all Sales Taxes, Title Fees, etc.

5. 11/22/2006

6. Greenville, South Carolina

7. Lexus of Greenville

8. Dealer came off MSRP fairly easy.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up my AWD 2007 IS250 w/ NAV and XM last friday. (12/15/06)

I submitted for bunch of price quotes online and had about 6 dealers call me. I then went to a few sites and found a rough range for the invoice price. You can never find the exact numbers since every dealer, depending on voume pays a slightly different price.

I finally had 2 dealers that were competing for my business and kept lowering each others prices, keep in mind they were both high volume dealers. The smaller guys quoted me a full 2k+ higher and told me they couldn't match. I started it off by calling and saying I got a quote for a IS250 w/ Nav for 34,600. And then it gradually came down. The dealers pay about 34,296 a car and get some rebates if they sell alot.

I told the one dealer i would do it for $34,100 AWD w/ NAV in the black w/ sterling and got XM installed on top of that for an extra 599. They originally quoted me 899 for xm. I told them i would pick up the car tomorrow and got the final price w/ tax before i even got there so I didnt have to deal with their BS.

So when it was all said and done the final price...

$34,100 ( saving of almost $5k, MSRP on the sticker was $39,072, a few hundred UNDER invoice )

plus $599 for XM

Out the door w/ taxes $37,127.

All with a 5.69% loan december to remember promo (average right now is 6.5-7%)

So basically got an IS for around the same as a fully loaded Camry or Accord.

BTW dont EVER pay a destination charge w/ lexus. A good dealer wont even bother to try and slip it in.

If you do some work before you get to the dealer and find one that will give you a definate price over the phone your set. When you submit quote online the dealers KNOW that they have to compete on price for your business. Best thing I ever could have done.

BTW dont EVER pay a destination charge w/ lexus. A good dealer wont even bother to try and slip it in.

Destination charges are set by the manufacturer and are not negotiable. What you don't need to pay for are "document" or "dealer prep" fees. Dealer added extras also are not part of the equation. The $599 for XM radio was your destination charge by the way. You could have installed it for about $300 less.

$34,100 ( saving of almost $5k, MSRP on the sticker was $39,072, a few hundred UNDER invoice )

plus $599 for XM

If you do some work before you get to the dealer and find one that will give you a definate price over the phone your set. When you submit quote online the dealers KNOW that they have to compete on price for your business. Best thing I ever could have done.

You paid almost 9% in taxes? Last time I checked New Jersey was only 7%.

Destination charges are set by the manufacturer and are not negotiable. What you don't need to pay for are "document" or "dealer prep" fees. Dealer added extras also are not part of the equation. The $599 for XM radio was your destination charge by the way. You could have installed it for about $300 less.

plus $599 for XM

You paid almost 9% in taxes? Last time I checked New Jersey was only 7%.

You have to pay plate and title fees around 400 in NJ. And Xm costs over 400 just for the unit. I addded that in last minute, after they told me no destination charge.

Either way I still got a GREAT deal, 5k off MSRP. They have to make a small profit.

Hi, just starting looking to get an IS250 2007 RWD with Nav. Ready to buy though. I am in the Northwest, but willing to drive a little to pick up the IS at the reasonable deal. I heard this time of the year is the best to deal. Is $500 over invoice deals out there? If so, which dealership? I heard that Westminister in Calif is the most aggressive in terms of pricing. I got my 2004 LS430 from them; had everything done via email and just drove down there to final the paper work and picked up the car with my trailor. But, this time around, the potential savings may not warrant driving so far. It did cost me $500 on gas and renting a tow trailor.

I heard in this forum people are paying $1k over invoice in Oct. Price must've come down by now? Thanks.

Anita.

1. 2007

2. IS350

2. ~40,000 sumthing like that?

3. Invoice price.. not sure?

4. ~38,500

5. sept. 9 '06

6. Glandale

7. Lexus Of Glendale

8. my dad picked the car up did all the financial *BLEEP* im just paying payments .. he put 10k down

also no navi =-( i wanted it its a sick package

BY THE WAY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED get the FUJITA Short Ram Intake i bought mine for 250 its a lil pricey for short ram but im telling you worth it!!! its SILENT untill u floor it and hit about 3-4k rpm then it ROARS BABY!!!..WELL WORTH IT

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my Lexus IS250 from Newport Lexus last night. Before that, I called 3 other dealers in town, Mission Viejo, Tustin, and Longo Toyota. I found that Tustin was the most expensive out of all, and NOT willing to budge on their set price. Longo was more flexible in terms of pricing, willing to sell the car slightly below invoice. And then, Mission Viejo wanted to beat the Longo lexus by a hair, but when I told them the deal I wanted, they clammed up and turned me down (I think the sales person got frustrated with me after about the 3rd hour or so). So I left and went to Newport. And WOW!!! What a difference!!!! They are the LARGEST Lexus dealer in the world, and what a friendly staff they are. So courteous, respectful and friendly.

I got my 2007 Lexus IS250 with X-pkg, Premium Pkg, and Nav, MSRP at 38,507 for 2K dollars BELOW invoice!!!! I am NOT going to give you the exact price of the car I GOT, because they said they won't do that again, but if you want a great deal (close to mine), give these guys a call.

You think 3k dollars under MSRP is a good price? Try 5K dollars under MSRP! That's close to what I got.... actually little more discount than that.

I am NOT making this up and I really want everyone to get a great deal on their lexus. I am posting this because I spent numerous hours at each of the dealers I mentioned above, and I really want to refer NEWPORT LEXUS to people because I have never experienced such a good deal anywhere.

My sales person's name was Gil. And the guy who gave me this incredible deal was:

Brian Hoffman (Sales Manager)

(949) 477-7000

(949) 477-7162 (Direct)

3901 MacArthur Blvd.

Newport Beach, CA 92660

Mention my name if you want to Brian. Tell him if he knows Richard, the guy who he gave an incredible deal to. He will know!

Good luck on buying your new Lexus.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually picked up my 2007 IS 250 with Navigation and another package three days ago - list was $37,772 and I dealt with Longo in El Monte, CA. - out the door price with TTL was $34,800! I found most of the internet departments were good to deal with - I chose Longo because they picked me up at the airport and being East of LA - it was a short 3+ hour drive back to Las Vegas. Incidentally, to the fellow who went to Newport: I don't believe they are the biggest in the world - especially when Longo is the largest Lexus dealer in the West!

I just picked up my AWD 2007 IS250 w/ NAV and XM last friday. (12/15/06)

I submitted for bunch of price quotes online and had about 6 dealers call me. I then went to a few sites and found a rough range for the invoice price. You can never find the exact numbers since every dealer, depending on voume pays a slightly different price.

I finally had 2 dealers that were competing for my business and kept lowering each others prices, keep in mind they were both high volume dealers. The smaller guys quoted me a full 2k+ higher and told me they couldn't match. I started it off by calling and saying I got a quote for a IS250 w/ Nav for 34,600. And then it gradually came down. The dealers pay about 34,296 a car and get some rebates if they sell alot.

I told the one dealer i would do it for $34,100 AWD w/ NAV in the black w/ sterling and got XM installed on top of that for an extra 599. They originally quoted me 899 for xm. I told them i would pick up the car tomorrow and got the final price w/ tax before i even got there so I didnt have to deal with their BS.

plus $599 for XM

What is the name of the dealer you purchased your vehicle from?