Oil Recommendations

LC6529

Well, it is getting near time for my first oil change with the SC430. It will have 22,000 miles and I was wondering what other Lexus owners preferred in an oil?

I normally change my own oil, I have done so for years without any issues but I think I will let the local dealer handle the Lexus.

For the past year, on my other vehicles I have used Mobile One - 5/30 Synthetic with factory filters.

Any suggestions for the SC430?

Well, it is getting near time for my first oil change with the SC430. It will have 22,000 miles and I was wondering what other Lexus owners preferred in an oil?

I normally change my own oil, I have done so for years without any issues but I think I will let the local dealer handle the Lexus.

For the past year, on my other vehicles I have used Mobile One - 5/30 Synthetic with factory filters.

Any suggestions for the SC430?

Is this your first oil change ? :o

With my '92 Sc400 I used Mobil-1 with Mobil-1 or Pure-1 filters changed every 10,000 miles (it's easy to tell when you are due if you go every 10K on the odometer). I sold the car with the engine in perfect shape with 190,000 miles on it so I am fairly convinced that this is a good change interval.

I will be doing the same with the Sc430 but my first change will be sooner so that the odo is exactly on a 10,000 multiple. In my case that is 30K. I have switched to the new extended service Mobil-1 with this car, but I do not know if it will make any difference.

:D

mobil and factory filters are great!

but 22,000 miles to your first oil change damn! haha! i change my oil every 3000

My mistake, it is MY first oil change with the SC430 but prior to that it had an oil change at the first 1500 mile mark and every 3000 miles or 6 months (whichever came first) after that.

When I bought it with 19K, it had just had an oil change and new tires put on.

I got 123k miles and i found that 5w30 was just to thin for how old it is, (but in prime condition) So i use 20w50. also i had a leak inbetween the engine and the tranny, that little gasket needs to be replaced but it fixed the problem for a while. Car seems to almost run smoother also. (or maybe im just trippin)

I do every 3,000 miles also

I have an 90 LS400 with 283k.I change the oil every 5k with 5w30 mobil non-synthetic and factory oil filter.I also have an 92 Toyota 4x2 22re with 253k same oil change ritual but with 10w30.The IS300 has 7.9k with 5k oil change and 5w30 non synthetic.

I got 123k miles and i found that 5w30 was just to thin for how old it is, (but in prime condition) So i use 20w50. also i had a leak inbetween the engine and the tranny, that little gasket needs to be replaced but it fixed the problem for a while. Car seems to almost run smoother also. (or maybe im just trippin)

I do every 3,000 miles also

How can you tell when the grade of oil you use is too thin?

your owner's manual should state wich oil you need to use but if your in very cold weather such as winter in detroit, you may want to switch to a 5w20 or 30 or even a 0w20 if it gets really hot in the summer then you should change to a thicker oil but most cases 5w30 10w30 is good