New 2007 Is250 Situation

So i find a dealer today that mis quotes me on an IS250, 2007, Nav, Premium, 18s, and HIDS, for 1200 off the car. They have not even hit the dealers yet. Their mistake, either way they realize and offer to honor it. I currently have the same car coming without the HIDs and in a manual. I originally wanted the manual and they couldnt get the HIDs added before the car went into production. My original car was 34,745. The one I am gonna get now is 36,700. Granted the HIDs and Auto tranny. I am excited. I wanted the manual but heard that it was not very impressive at all, plus my girl can drive the auto, and i will have an easier time selling in the future. My Original Lexus dealer was not happy.

I just told them, I have to wait at least another month for a car that may or may not have HIDs on it. The manual i never got to test drive i have read nothing but non impressive reviews.

The car in Dallas IS going to have the HIDs and it will be here in less than two weeks.

I feel really bad backing out after. But at least the manual IS they have is an 07 rather than a end of year 06. Hey I figure it is my 35k i am spending. So they lose a grand or two at worse. IF THAT. I live with the car for 6 years with regret.

What do you guys think. I also hear i can get my deposit back. I didnt sign a non refundable deposit form. Just a special order request form.

thanks guys. I am excited. :lol:

So i find a dealer today that mis quotes me on an IS250, 2007, Nav, Premium, 18s, and HIDS, for 1200 off the car. They have not even hit the dealers yet. Their mistake, either way they realize and offer to honor it. I currently have the same car coming without the HIDs and in a manual. I originally wanted the manual and they couldnt get the HIDs added before the car went into production. My original car was 34,745. The one I am gonna get now is 36,700. Granted the HIDs and Auto tranny. I am excited. I wanted the manual but heard that it was not very impressive at all, plus my girl can drive the auto, and i will have an easier time selling in the future. My Original Lexus dealer was not happy.

I just told them, I have to wait at least another month for a car that may or may not have HIDs on it. The manual i never got to test drive i have read nothing but non impressive reviews.

The car in Dallas IS going to have the HIDs and it will be here in less than two weeks.

I feel really bad backing out after. But at least the manual IS they have is an 07 rather than a end of year 06. Hey I figure it is my 35k i am spending. So they lose a grand or two at worse. IF THAT. I live with the car for 6 years with regret.

What do you guys think. I also hear i can get my deposit back. I didnt sign a non refundable deposit form. Just a special order request form.

Why do you say they "misquoted" the price? 1200 off the sticker is not that much; I got 1800 off (a bigger) sticker on my 350 in Fort Worth. Yeah, it was a 2006, but I'll bet anyone will sell you a car for 1200 off sticker, even on a 2007 - on the lot, or arriveing soon. Not that it's a bad deal for you, or anything like that, but the dealer's going to pretend it's better than it really is, to make you happier with it. Just my opinion, though!

Also, the other dealer probably won't lose anything on the car you don't buy. NEVER feel sorry for a dealer; they make tons of money. So, what color are you getting?

What do you guys think. I also hear i can get my deposit back. I didnt sign a non refundable deposit form. Just a special order request form. and is this dallas car a 2007 or 6?

glad to see your situation is finally sorted out that and that you didnt fall for any dealer games! so howcome your settling for a 250 auto if you always thought it wouldnt have enough power?

I dont think i am settling. I have heard a lot about people not being as happy with the manual as expected. I have not tested one. I would hate to wait another month for it to be dissapointed and it not have HIDs. The sport shift has had rave reviews and it has HIDs. I also get this car in about two weeks so i am ok with the auto. I had to realize the reason i bought this car was not for the speed. It was the Lexus fit and finish and the gadgets. I would not regret getting the manual as much as not getting the HIDs on a 35k car.

Oh and every dealer wont even talk about taking anything off the sticker for an 07 right now being that they have 06s on the lots still. Most that were not getting 06s anymore and were anticipating their 07s wouldnt come off the price more than 200 at most.

lol i was be a real sucker target at the dealership. I got nothing, nothing off the msrp on my rx330 and i didnt even buy it when it first came out. What they did do was throw in a hitch in the back. They must have been laughing their asses off while i left.

oh wait. i retract that statement...they also gave me a lexus mug and t-shirt

Your are too funny barkat. YOUR right though. I need to make a decision. A large point of my indecisiveness is not being able to drive the manual. But i think with all the reviews i read, the manual would be silly to wait another month at least for and not have the HIDs. I fell in love with the first car i drove, it was a silver, nav, premium, auto, with 18s......i am getting the same car, but as an 07 with HIDs.

I drove the auto 250 RWD first. I thought it was peppy enough and really pretty good at highway speeds. I went with the 350 based on that and the handling and comfort of the 250, just because I have this need for speed. My first sorta fast car was a 1964 Ford with 300 HP that I bought new. Just gotta have it. :D

now lets compare the gas prices from now to when bartkat was driving his 1964 ford, shall we?

Adjusted for inflation, gas in the US in 1964 was the equivalent of $2.07 per gallon in today's dollars.

-Sorry, just had to throw that in, it's part of what I do for a living

your absolutely right sleepyk when i thought of gas prices in the 60s i did not think of inflation since then

just to set the record straight im not really a gas complainer. my solution to todays prices? every once in a while fill up the tank at costco & the rest of the time fill in 89.

well i told my dealer today that i was backing out of the manual special order. i told them that i have a dealer with an 07, auto, nav, 18s, premium, and HIDs that they were going 1200 off of sticker otd. they actually were not as upset as i thought they would be and offered to match if i stay with them here in okc. i was impressed. we will see if they can get me the same car in the same time frame

thats how you get the best deals, by making dealers beat other offers. nowadays all that can be done by email and time spent in the dealership is minimal that way. ive bought 3 cars over email so far and have gotten thousands off MSRP on all purchases.

your absolutely right sleepyk when i thought of gas prices in the 60s i did not think of inflation since then

just to set the record straight im not really a gas complainer. my solution to todays prices? every once in a while fill up the tank at costco & the rest of the time fill in 89.

What's the rave with the HIDs? Who sees them other than people in other cars who can't see or talk to you? Are they worth it?

What's the rave with the HIDs? Who sees them other than people in other cars who can't see or talk to you? Are they worth it?

I have HIDs.... I think they profoundly increase my visibilty.

I could care less what they look like to others... that's just an added bonus

;)

My wife loves them. She had trouble seeing at night, but not so much with the new IS. Everything within range of the lights is lit up like day. Interestingly, the "range" is very clearly defined. The lighted area just stops some distance out in front of the car, like someone cut the light with a knife. I don't know what it's like to be on the other side of them, but it's nice being behind them.

The benefit is that now I can drink every once in a while when we go out and she can't always use the excuse that she can't see at night to drive home. :cheers:

It is not so much of the Greatest thing since sliced bread or anything, but if i am paying about the same for the cars and i am gonna get what i want, i should at leaset "get what i want". Plus i was not at all impressed with the manual tranny. Felt like it belonged in a different car.

HID compared to Halogens is a difference like day and night. :D