Es350 Leather Seats

uthorns1976

I'm desperately searching for a new vehicle. ES350 might fill the bill.

My brother has an RX400h that's a year old. I drove it once for three hours on the highway and I found the seats to be too firm for my taste. (I'm used to American car seating.) Would appreciate any comments regarding the seats in the ES350. Firm, very firm, hard, comfortable???

Thanks.

I'm desperately searching for a new vehicle. ES350 might fill the bill.

My brother has an RX400h that's a year old. I drove it once for three hours on the highway and I found the seats to be too firm for my taste. (I'm used to American car seating.) Would appreciate any comments regarding the seats in the ES350. Firm, very firm, hard, comfortable???

Thanks.

My passengers and I find the ES350 seats extremely comfortable, but I have the UL Editon which has a higher grade of leather then the lesser equipped ES's.....and it's perforated besides. Also, there's a lumbar adjustment for both the driver and passenger seat which is another plus.

The seats do feel firmer than american car seating, but they mold to your shape and are actually MORE comfortable than cushier American seats that lack support on longer drives.

comfortable???
That's entirely up to you, and the only way to answer that question is to stop by a dealership and sit in the car. ;) Seat preference varies greatly from one person to the next. I hugely prefer the big, soft bench seats that my Buick has to the seats in my LS; my Buick's seats keep me much, much more comfortable over long distances than my LS's seats. Different strokes for different folks....

My brother has an RX400h that's a year old. I drove it once for three hours on the highway and I found the seats to be too firm for my taste.

Driving a 2004 ES330 I agree with you on the assessment of the seats. I was ok with them for a while but finally had to fashion my own extra cushioning.

My guess is that there just isn't enough space from floor to ceiling for them to add more thickness. Historically it wasn't an issue in Asia but it is in the US.

I am not sure I would not buy the same model again because of all the other factors but I will definitely be judging this aspect in the future.

I can drive for hours and hours in mine and never have any issues, same was true of my dad's old 98 LS, same is true of his 04 LS. Same is true of every other Lexus vehicle I've driven.

You've got to try them out for yourself though

• 2 months later...

Having previously owned an ES330 (for six months, then traded to ES350), I can say seat comfort is well above average in fit and texture- not hard by any means. Opinion offered by a 150 pound, 7% body fat flat belly driver with little or no built-in butt cushioning...

My husband has back problems. When his back is really acting up, he has found that driving my ES330 actually helps it. He feels a difference when he has been in my car and then gets out. Funny where he found therapy.

BTW, tomorrow 11/1/06, I'm taking my 330 in for 30,000 mile service. I'm getting a 350 loaner. Looking forward to checking it out. :)