Can You Drive A Car "too Little" ?

Geo

My wife drives the Lex (2001 ES300). She drives it very liitle. Market, church, etc. She drives less than 50 miles per week. Can you drive a car "too little" ? Are there things that I should look out for ? Geo

My wife drives the Lex (2001 ES300). She drives it very liitle. Market, church, etc. She drives less than 50 miles per week. Can you drive a car "too little" ? Are there things that I should look out for ? Geo

Your wife isn't meeting the "too little" requirement.

My wife has a 5-mile commute to work each way 6 days a week in her '98 Corolla, which rounds out to roughly 60 miles a week driven. As long as oil changes and regular maintenance are done at the recommended basis, the car should last a long time.

fluids (oil and filter) should be changed on time and not mileage. At least every 4 months.

I would get the car out on the highway for at least 30-60 minutes at least once every two weeks to help reduce the moisture build up in the crankcase and tranny.

keep an eye on rubber drive belts and CV boots. Timing belt should be done by 7 years instead of mileage. Rubber belts dry and crack and usually start to show breakdown at about 5 years.

make sure you get the low mileage discount from your insurance company if they offer one.

steviej