All Weather Mats..

Today when I took my mats out to vacuum... I noticed the driver side one had a HUGE HOLE in it.... looks at lot like someone stuck a butchers knife in it... after doing some my looking it was caused by the heel of my shoe! even the rubber around it is all worn down....

I got these mats thinking they will last me at least a few years.... not 4 months... :(

lol...i am not using the all weather floor mats, but if youve ever been in a loaner car from lexus, they have those clear plastic mats that im sure they cut themselves for a perfect fit in each model. Well, i bought a set from them, and so far they are perfect. I'd recomend those for everyone...great in rain and i keep them in now even though its summer.

I went to a local Lexus dealer to buy Exactmats, which are clear vinyl mats for my IS350. Well, they didn't have them, but they had ones made by Invisi Shield which are basically the same as the Exactmats. They cost me $60 for the 2 fronts and 2 rears and they lay directly one top of your current ones. They look great because you can see the mats through them and they are very durable. I recommend them. Check your local Lexus Parts departments to see if they carry them in stock.

http://www.exactmats.com/look.html

Hi RX330Driver,

No, I bought mine from Lexus of Concord. The Invisi Shields are nice because they come flat in a box vs. rolled up, so they install nice and flat the first time. I think the Lexus all weather mats are UGLY and probably weigh a lot more than the clear vinyl mats.

I also got a Venture Shield clear bra, which you should also consider.

its a little late for a clear bra for me...my car is already 3 years old

I didnt even see how the mats were packaged...i just told them that i liked what i saw in the loaner cars and that i wanted to buy them. One bad part is that it made my car smell like plastic for the first week.

err i dont see them turning yellow...but my driver's side one is beginning to have scratches from the dirt and my shoes...it has been almost a year...i would say they last pretty long. If however your looking for something tough and can be put through everything...dont i recommend them. Its something pretty for a small family

err i dont see them turning yellow...but my driver's side one is beginning to have scratches from the dirt and my shoes...it has been almost a year...i would say they last pretty long. If however your looking for something tough and can be put through everything...dont i recommend them. Its something pretty for a small family

O ok, so what other types would you reccomend?

O ok, so what other types would you reccomend?

Maybe you can get some clear mats to put on top of your clear mats. ;)

i honestly cant give a good suggestion on what to get. You live in florida...im guessing no snow there, haha. I get as much rain as you guys, its a good alternative to carpet. The thing about all weather mats is i dont like the colors nor the holes in them that hold the snow/water. I highly recommend these mats but be forwarned. They will most likely last for about ...3-4 years tops. they are worth a try

I have a set of the winter mats in addition to the normal carpet mats. I use them during the winter to catch the snow melt, salt, sand, etc. They are a completely different look for the interior of the car. I kind of like the look next to the metal pedals. My wife hates them - she thinks they look like something that goes in a truck. I'll tell you one thing, though. You'd be hard-pressed to wear a hole through them and they definitely won't turn yellow. I have no idea what a set costs as I made my dealer throw them in since it was raining/snowing the day I picked the car up last November. I'm guessing a couple hundred bucks.

I have a set of the winter mats in addition to the normal carpet mats. I use them during the winter to catch the snow melt, salt, sand, etc. They are a completely different look for the interior of the car. I kind of like the look next to the metal pedals. My wife hates them - she thinks they look like something that goes in a truck. I'll tell you one thing, though. You'd be hard-pressed to wear a hole through them and they definitely won't turn yellow. I have no idea what a set costs as I made my dealer throw them in since it was raining/snowing the day I picked the car up last November. I'm guessing a couple hundred bucks.

Well... I must be hard pressed!! Cause I wore a hole in mine in less then 3 months!!!! I usally only weat flip flops or Running shoes... no boots... so I'm at a lost with them... The carpet mats I've had in the past has never shown any wear and tear...

:(

Paid $110 for these that I could have got for nearly half.......

$69 for my next set...

• 3 months later...

I love the look and feel of the Lexus rubber matts. They will last longer than the car.

I agree.. Just seems to gives me a better feel when comes to protecting my interior....

Also.. the holes in the matts should be covered under the 1 year warranty.. so when I get back over to my dealer... going to get them swapped out...

• 1 year later...
I went to a local Lexus dealer to buy Exactmats, which are clear vinyl mats for my IS350. Well, they didn't have them, but they had ones made by Invisi Shield which are basically the same as the Exactmats. They cost me $60 for the 2 fronts and 2 rears and they lay directly one top of your current ones. They look great because you can see the mats through them and they are very durable. I recommend them. Check your local Lexus Parts departments to see if they carry them in stock.

http://www.exactmats.com/look.html

So it seems like you really like those mats. I'm having a tough time finding an actual picture of these mats. The generic ones at Walmart cost $7 for a set, so I'm wondering if I should buy the custom fit ones from exactmats. I couldn't find the Invisi Shield mats online.

Thanks.

Today when I took my mats out to vacuum... I noticed the driver side one had a HUGE HOLE in it.... looks at lot like someone stuck a butchers knife in it... after doing some my looking it was caused by the heel of my shoe! even the rubber around it is all worn down....

I got these mats thinking they will last me at least a few years.... not 4 months... :(

I have had the car 10 months and worn thru the heel portion of two drivers side matts - there is a bit of a flaw in the design. The first set they replaced free - filed it under warranty item. I like the look but man two sets already! I put duct tape on the back to stop the hole from growing

dude i have them and i love it...no more worries over muddy shoes and they look GREAT with lexus logo. the styling is great too w/ the dimpled front and wavy bottom. anyway, im shocked u'd get a hole in it...i mean its pretty thick man........