Bumper Replacement

i am sooooo miserable this weekend.......my new IS350 (2 months old) was hit on the passenger side rear bumper by a careless driver......the damage on the bumper was not too extensive and even though the bumper can be replaced...but my heart is still aching from deep inside.

i was even more shocked when i brought my car to the lexus dearlership in san fancisco and they say they do not have a body shop and gave me a referral to a third party body shop to go to.......wow, that's surprising to me.....

any recommendation on a "GOOD" Lexus Certified body shop in the san francisco bay area that will do Lexus bumper replacement using genuine lexus parts........and most importantly is "Lexus Certified" ?? ....casue i want the job to be done right the first time.

Many many thanks.

I don't think most Lexus, or any car dealers have their own body shops these days, as that's gotten really specialized. Ask the dealer what they think of the work done at the shop they recommended. Or ask around at work anyone that's had body work done.

wow this is actually somebody i can help :D did you go to serramonte lexus? because they have referred me many times to this body shop that they send all their guys to. Its just up the hill about 1 minute from the lexus dealership. If you want specifics...i can give you an adress/phone number and you can make an appointment/get an estimate. THey are a little expensive but your not paying for it :) Oh and i need to mention, you get a little gift in your car everytime you go there, which is a small bottle of touch up paint that is left over from painting your bumper...and its lexus paint! you can use it to touch up rock chips in the future.

BTW, what is up with body shops who always steal that shifting overide cover? remove yours before you go!

I don't think they steal the cover but misplace it.

Normally in a body shop they will disconnect a battery as it may sit for a few days and rather than reconnecting it to move it around especially in and out of the paint booth since it may be all masked up already they pop the cover off to take it out of gear. Some places may forget to replace it.

Stevens Creek and Putnam Lexus both suggest Auto West Collision down in San Jose (Brokaw Rd/I880 area) to me. I just took mine in to have similar damage, caused by a similar person, replaired on my IS350.

I don't know that they're Lexus certified but they do have a Mercedes-Benz cert up on the walls. They even prep'd me on how to deal with the insurance company. (e.g., insist on factory parts, etc...)

So far so good with them. Ask me again on Friday, when I get my car back! :)

i am sooooo miserable this weekend.......my new IS350 (2 months old) was hit on the passenger side rear bumper by a careless driver......the damage on the bumper was not too extensive and even though the bumper can be replaced...but my heart is still aching from deep inside.

i was even more shocked when i brought my car to the lexus dearlership in san fancisco and they say they do not have a body shop and gave me a referral to a third party body shop to go to.......wow, that's surprising to me.....

any recommendation on a "GOOD" Lexus Certified body shop in the san francisco bay area that will do Lexus bumper replacement using genuine lexus parts........and most importantly is "Lexus Certified" ?? ....casue i want the job to be done right the first time.

Many many thanks.