Rx350 Loaner

Rx330driver

Well, the cars in the shop again, and if you remember, last time, i got to drive the ES350 as a loaner. Well today, and for most of tomorrow :D i will be driving the rx350...which has about 5K miles on it. From what ive seen so far, it gets a lot better mileage than my 330 and is too powerful if theres such a thing. Maybe im used to the way my car drives, but i feel that the gas pedal is way to sensitive, so is the brake, and that the car shifts down a gear too early...and i mean really early. The plus side is that the acceleration is flawless, but there is still that jerky transmission that we are so used to on the RX, though it is a lot better i must say.

I was really surprised that there is a nav in the car...the latest generation. It is a big difference compared to my '04 and from what ive seen so far, its a must have trade in. the resolution is amazing, and finally, a car with bluetooth. people say i sound really soft on the phone because i cant find the darn microphone, i dont know where to point my mouth (so if any of you know that would be great). Oh, i also have to add, the voice commands are pretty much useless. I say "volume down", it says "POI Coffee house icons listed". Its absolutely crazy.

great car! maybe ill have to steal if for another day :ph34r:

Last month my car was in the dealership (15K service). I had the RX 350 as the loaner car. I loved the car's navigations system. My 05 rx330 seemed old compared to that one.

For your entertainment humor...Not being technically familiar with the RX 330 other than just driving it, I asked my brother if getting a DVD for my car would bring me a better picture (like in the Rx 350). I came to find out the Rx 350 has a better chip or computer program for the navigation. Other than the navigation, I really like the 350. I do agree that the gas pedal is very sensitive; however, on the other side, I found that the "get up and go" on the freeway was better than my car.

WELL......................I have to admit...I have a RX350 today as a loaner and I have to agree that the RX350 is "too powerful"...and I agree that the pedal is sensitive to say the least...the transmission in the loaner I have does seem to kind of have that not sure what gear to go into! But I think the improved power is a huge plus...for the most part smooth ride...I have put about 150 miles on it and I have to say I love my RX330 but I am liking the RX350...they better come pick this thing up...or at least put some more gas in it!!! LOL :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

lol! the best part about the car is the NAV, if i could just get that part in my rx330.

The loaner did not have the NAV...but my Boss has a 06 GX and the new Nav is in that and it is much better than mine...oh well! Gives me something to work hard for! :D

:cheers:

The RX350 loaner i got didn't have Nav either, but my RX330 has Nav. I just returned the loaner today. RX350 has much less wind noise on highways. I was surprized that Lexus doesn't check how much miles we drove.

I didn't know that Lexus dealership drop-off a loaner and pick-up yours for Fix. What's the advantage and disadvantage of it, if any. Thanks!!

well...disadvantage...i dont know about you, but i dont like people driving my car...you dont know how far they accelerate and push the car when you not there :)

I do not like other people driving my car either but...I am not anywhere near a Lexus Dealership...the closest one is over 2 hours away. The advantage for me is that I am not spending over half of my day away from work...they bring me a car at my home ( before I leave for work )...and pick me up at work! For me it is just a matter of convenience...All of the Lexus Drivers that have come to pick me up are at least 50 -55 years old very professional looking...I request the same driver each time (and if he is available I get him) and I think he treats my car just like it was his own...why push mine hard...when he has a brand new one to drive every day? I will admit I am pretty hard on the loaner that they bring me...If he pushes mine to hard and screws something up guess they will have to fix it! When the warranty is up...I will more than likely get a new car anyway...I have more confidence in him driving my car then the Tech that takes my car out for a test drive...at the dealership. :huh: At least I have seen him he is clean, clean cut, good grammar, and presents himself very well...the mechanic that I do not see that does the service may or may not be the same and he test drives the car.

Sorry I am just not that worried about them driving my car...it is not a high school senior on a summer job driving my car! And besides...they pick up SC's all of the time around where I live...why would they want to push a RX?

If I lived closer to the dealership I may take my car...or I may still use the pick up service?

:D :D :D :lol::lol::lol: :D :D I do understand not wanting anyone else to drive your car...I just do not have time to take it there for the service...

my local dealer is down to 30 loaners from 60. They're paying enterprise to do most of their loaners, which means that if you get there past 8, your gonna get a crappy car. They tried to give me a Kia last time and I asked for something else, so they upgraded me to an 05 camry lol. My service advisor said for some reason lexus just isn't sending them cars to replace the loaners that are retired after 18 months. He told me a story of one lady with 3 kids that had just brought her new LX 470 in for service... she drove off in a PT Cruiser that a few hours later she had to return because the steering wheel was falling off.

I was sure to mention something to the manager about no lexus loaners after I got through paying $40 for them to put windshield wiper inserts on.... what a rip off.

lol lexirx330, i recently on my last visit had them test drive my car cause of a rattle (which they heard but didnt fix) and the tester person who looked...30...get going into 4th gear on the freeway...i was crying inside! lol i have never had anyone pick me up though, cause my dealership is like 15 minutes away

lol lexirx330, i recently on my last visit had them test drive my car cause of a rattle (which they heard but didnt fix) and the tester person who looked...30...get going into 4th gear on the freeway...i was crying inside! lol i have never had anyone pick me up though, cause my dealership is like 15 minutes away

Funny!!!

:D :lol:

If I lived that close I would drive my car there too!!!