Tail Light Indicator

I found a few topics, so I went in and changed all the bulbs, but the indicator keeps coming on. I changed the brake light (inside), license plate lights, and all bulbs in the tail. Do I need to unplug my battery for a little bit, or any other suggestions?

light.jpg

rear.jpg

Will it update the indicator while I tap them? Because it only goes on once I press down on my brake pedal.

This is WEIRD!!!My co-worker has a 99 that does the samething. Only comes on when he hits the brakes and all bulbs are working....

Will it update the indicator while I tap them? Because it only goes on once I press down on my brake pedal.

Once the indicator light goes on you have to turn off the ignition and start all over again.

A good reason for the triggering of the indicator light could also be because of oxidation in the bulb sockets. They sell contact cleaner in electronic stores which will remove this oxidation.

When I had my '96 ES, a license plate light burnt out, but the indicator light never turned on. From my experience, the indicator light will go on whenever a tailight bulb or brake bulb is burnt out, or not making a clean connection with the socket. It has nothing to do with the license plate lights.

Lexusk8 is right , the indicator is only for brake lights it has nothign to do with the other turn ,reverse , or parking lights.

92-94 has 3 per side and 2 upper 3rd brake lights

95-96 only has 2 per side

I went in again and checked all the sockets with my ohm meter. All the sockets were reading about 55 ohms, except for one which read about 45. I cleaned it thorougly and still same read.

The indicator is still on, and it's really starting to aggrivate me.

I found a few topics, so I went in and changed all the bulbs, but the indicator keeps coming on. I changed the brake light (inside), license plate lights, and all bulbs in the tail. Do I need to unplug my battery for a little bit, or any other suggestions?

light.jpg

rear.jpg

Mine was due to a wiring harness that had corroded. It still goes on sometimes and I just jiggle the harness near where the CD changer goes and it goes off...until next time. Seems to happen when it comes in contact with something in the trunk.

rosie

light.jpg

rear.jpg

Mine was due to a wiring harness that had corroded. It still goes on sometimes and I just jiggle the harness near where the CD changer goes and it goes off...until next time. Seems to happen when it comes in contact with something in the trunk.

rosie

This sounds alot like you are having a brake lamp switch problem located on the brake pedal . Reason why I say is because you state it goes on either after or before braking . Either way its when you hit the pedal. May want to inspect that also .